Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Rest in Peace|
? marked, ? minimum kills
- Texas funeral here in Stilwater
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
Johnny Gat and The Protagonist are at Aisha's funeral at the Mourning Woods Cemetery when Shogo Akuji arrives with members of The Ronin in an attempt to kill Gat and The Protagonist for humiliating his family once again. Although Gat asks Shogo to leave, promising him a fight at any other time, Shogo ignores him and challenges Gat in a fight to the death.
The Protagonist and Gat fight off waves of Ronin attackers and chase Shogo down on his Kaneda prototype motorcycle. After being caught, Shogo is dragged back to the cemetery by The Protagonist, where he is brutally beaten by Gat. Angered by Aisha's crashed funeral, Gat then seals Shogo in a coffin and buries him alive; all the while, a horrified Shogo screams and begs from inside the coffin for Gat to just kill him instead.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by selecting the mission at a Newspaper Clipboard.
- Kill Shogo
After the introductory cutscene, Shogo Akuji runs away while armed with either a K6 Krukov or an AR-50 XMAC. The mission is straightforward to begin with because all the only objective is to kill Akuji and the members of The Ronin accompanying him. Once Shogo's health is depleted to half, he retreats to the garage of a nearby house.
- Kill the Ronin Lieutenants
Shogo leaves behind 17 Ronin lieutenants to attack The Protagonist. Enemies can easily surround The Protagonist, and reinforcements can come from any direction; there is also not much cover as the tombstones are breakable.
- Find Shogo in the house
After all the lieutenants are dead, go to the garage where Shogo is hiding.
- Kill Shogo
Shogo attempts to escape on his Kaneda and The Protagonist is provided with a Kenshin. It is possible to hijack a Ronin Hayate Z70 instead, but the chase doesn't take long so it may not be worth it. There are other enemies during this chase, who distract from attacking Shogo. After Shogo's health empties, a cutscene plays and the mission ends.
- The Chainsaw is disabled during this mission, including when using cheats.
- After The Ronin lieutenants are killed, Shogo escapes on his unique Kaneda, which is not unlocked until the final Ronin mission is completed.
- The newspaper article that is displayed at the end of the mission says "Texas funeral here in Stilwater". A Texas funeral is the act of burying someone alive.
- The Protagonist does not have any spoken lines during this mission.
- If Johnny is killed before killing all lieutenants and if they are killed before reviving Johnny, he bleeds out as if he is dead, although it doesn't affect the mission or the storyline.
- All lieutenants use different low-resolution textures.
- After the events of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, Shogo's death is reenacted in by Shakespeare as part of his new passion play after being defeated by Johnny and his crew off-screen.
- Priest: "Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and may perpetual light shine on her. May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace."
Shogo Akuji: "You two have humiliated my family for the last time!"
Johnny Gat: "Leave little boy."
Shogo Akuji: "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"
Johnny Gat: "Fuck off Akuji, I'm not killing anyone at Eesh's funeral. Tonight, tomorrow...you name a time and I will gladly fuck you up...but not now."
Shogo Akuji: "How noble...nobility is sorely over rated."
- — "Eulogy" cutscene
- That little bitch is runnin to the caretakers house...
- — Gat
"Requiem" cutscene Edit
- Shogo is being dragged along by The Protagonist.Shogo Akuji: "Where are you taking me, let me go!"The Protagonist throws Shogo towards Gat, who knocks him to the ground with a punch to the face.Johnny Gat: "Get up."Shogo gets up, and feebly tries to kick Gat. Gat grabs his leg and slams his elbow into it, seemingly breaking Shogo's leg and causing Shogo to whimper on agony. Gat then grabs Shogo's head headbutts him, sending Shogo to the ground.Johnny Gat: "Get up."Shogo gets back up, hobbling on his broken leg, and punches Gat in the face. An unfazed Gat promptly hits Shogo back in the face, and follows up with slamming his knee into Shogo's face, knocking him to the ground next to a gravestone. Shogo weakly grabs against the gravestone, exhausted.Johnny Gat: "Get up."
Shogo Akuji: "Please stop."
Johnny Gat: "Not so fun when you're fighting someone who isn't tied to a chair is it?"
Shogo Akuji: "I didn't kill her!"
Johnny Gat: "You ordered it."Gat punches Shogo in the face, smashing him through the gravestone.Shogo Akuji: "I'm sorry."
Johnny Gat: "Well that brings her back doesn't it..."Gat picks Shogo up and drags him towards a coffin from another funeral.Johnny Gat: "You couldn't even let her have a burial you fucking piece of shit..."Gat opens the coffin and empties the body, which falls next to Shogo. Shogo looks up at Gat and realizes what he is about to do.Shogo Akuji: "No..."
Shogo Akuji: "No, please no..."Gat picks up Shogo and tosses him into the coffin. He then closes it and sets the coffin down in the hole as The Protagonist throws him a shovel.Shogo Akuji: "Kill me, but don't do this!"
Shogo Akuji: "Just kill me damn it, don't do this!"Gat and The Protagonist silently begin burying the coffin with the screaming Shogo inside.
- — "Requiem" cutscene