The Saints Row series features many references to Red Faction, another series created by Volition.
- For more information, see the Red Faction Wiki
There are four games in the Red Faction series.
The first game in the series takes place on Mars, where a group of miners rebel against Ultor because of the horrible living conditions they had to face while on Mars. By the third game, Ultor is long gone and all that is left of it are a few ruins of Ultor buildings.
- Ultor - The Ultor corporation in Saints Row was a peripheral company who sponsored the Ultor Dome and had some Clothing items. In Saints Row 2, Ultor is a main antagonist.
- Mars - In Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare, The Protagonist tells Eric Gryphon: "Ultor can go to Mars for all I care".
- Masako - The head of the Mercenaries in Red Faction is called Masako, the name of the protection team of Ultor in Saints Row 2.
- Vogel - In Red Faction, a mountain in Mars' ice area is called Mount Vogel, a reference to Dane Vogel.
- Gryphon - In Red Faction, there's an Ultor administrator called Gryphon, in Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare there is an Ultor administrator named Eric Gryphon.
- Parker - Parker is the name of the main character from Red Faction.
- In Saints Row 2, there's a radio advertisement for a TV show called Red Planet, Red Passion, a drama series about miners on Mars. It mentions a character named Parker, and a character named Eos, another character from Red Faction.
- In Saints Row 2, while inside the pyramid facility there is a PA announcement that says "Parker please report to the mining facilty." Red Faction takes place in a mine on Mars
- Miners - In Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed, Tera Patrick mentions research to improve Miners working conditions, miners made up the original Red Faction.
- EDF Scout - In Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed, there is a vehicle named the EDF Scout, which are used to scout out hazardous mining areas. When The Protagonist asks where such equipment would be needed, Tera says that he wouldn't believe it if she told him. The EDF are the antagonists of the then recent Red Faction Guerilla. The vehicle is almost identical to the vehicle in that game, except for a different turret.
- EDF Flyer - on the very top floor the Stilwater Science Center, there is a model of an EDF Flyer from Red Faction Guerrilla. These also appear in the mission Gangstas in Space.
- Logo - The symbol of Red Faction Guerrilla and Red Faction appear as logos that can be applied to clothing.
- Gangstas in Space Speech - In the final cutscene of the mission Gangstas in Space, The Protagonist gives a speech the same as the speech given by Alec Mason, the protagonist of Red Faction Guerrilla, in the final cutscene of that game.
- Construction Walker - While walking off set in the Gangstas in Space mission[which?], a prop of a giant Construction Walker can be seen.
- Shaundi- Shaundi left a radio tag in Red Faction Guerilla
- Mr. Toots - The Unicorn who can fire destructive rainbows from it's rear (who is utilized as a weapon in Red Faction: Armageddon) is featured on a green logo on the ground in one of the STAG bases.