Clip Size, Damage, Recoil and Reload Speed can all be upgraded 5 levels each, with a separate Armor Piercing Ammo "ultimate upgrade".
In comparison to the Heavy Pistol and Alien Pistol, the Quickshot Pistol has the superior rate of fire. The Heavy Pistol has a smaller magazine, slower reload speed and does not have the Reload Speed upgrade present on the Quickshot Pistol, allowing the Quickshot Pistol to fire more bullets before reload and suffers less downtime that the Heavy Pistol.
The Quickshot Pistol descends from the KA-1 Kobra from Saints Row: The Third, with both sharing the large-capacity magazines and higher rate of fire over the other Pistols, as well as having the same Armor Piercing Ammo upgrade that the KA-1 Kobra had. Unfortunately, the Quickshot Pistol has lower damage statistics in comparison to the KA-1 Kobra, even when upgraded: the KA-1 Kobra has higher damage at level 3 upgrade than the Quickshot Pistol's does at maximum damage upgrade.
- The Quickshot Pistol is used by the ZPD officers within the simulation, and is available from Friendly Fire from the start of the game.
- It is automatically equipped during A Pleasant Day, but is not added to the Weapon Cache.
- Some Civilians use the Quickshot Pistol if taunted.
- Larger magazine over the Heavy Pistol
- Fastest rate of fire of all pistols, especially with the dual-wield upgrade
- Armor piercing ammunition makes it handy when dealing with armored enemies (or Zin carrying ZinTek Force Shield weapons)
- The 3 Renegade Pistol costumes feature a flash-light.
- Reloads faster than the Heavy Pistol when the Reload Speed upgrade is purchased
- Consumes ammo faster than the other pistols due to the faster rate of fire and lower damage
- No area-effect damage or knockback, unlike the upgraded Heavy Pistol
- Low damage until upgraded
- Flash-light only appears with the Renegade Pistol costume.
There are 3 costumes for the Quickshot Pistol: 9MM Tactical, Renegade Pistol and Red Shirt Special.
|Red Shirt Special||Skin|
|Tombstone Special DLC||Skin|
- The "Renegade" costume is based on the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, used by Han Solo in Star Wars, and the quotes are references to the film. The DL-44 itself is a modified C96.
- The "Red Shirt Special" costume is based on the phaser from the original Star Trek series, and the quotes are references to the series.
- The 9MM Tactical appears to be based on the Colt Defender. It's Taxi Cab skin's quote, "You talkin to me?" is also a reference to the movie Taxi Driver.
- The 3 Renegade costumes features a built-in flashlight.
- Matt Miller uses the 9MM Tactical as a Homie and in missions.
- Asha uses the Quickshot Pistol in The Saints Wing and The Case of Mr. X, the former mission where Asha uses the 9MM Tactical, and the later being the mission where the Costume/Skin of the pistol can be changed in Friendly Fire.
- The Tombstone Special's name and quote are a reference to the 1993 western Tombstone based on events leading up to the Shootout of the O.K. Corral.