|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third |
Saints Row IV
|Voiced by||Yuri Lowenthal|
Genki is the host of Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax and Genkibowl VII. He wears a white lab coat, a blue bow-tie, a white shirt with pink buttons, green pants, and a giant pink cat head. His alternate appearance sports a more athletic, physical style with green stars and a golden trim as well as a cape.
His namesake brands the Super Ballistic Manapult and Professor Genki's Octopuss Cannon, a vehicle and weapon respectively, originally available to the player if they preordered Saints Row: The Third (as part of the Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack) and now available to anyone who purchases the Funtime! Pack.
Despite his cute and cuddly appearance, Professor Genki is very sadistic and cruel at times, as he gains pleasure from the death and sacrifice of others and at one point during Genkibowl VII, Tammy states that he is known to ship people off to North Korean prison camps if they look him in the eye.
In the second mission for Genkibowl VII, The Protagonist escorts Genki around Steelport, causing murder and mayhem, before taking Genki to meet his fans.
Professor Genki has a 0.05% (1 in 2000) chance of spawning in most neighborhoods of Steelport, and a 0.25% (1 in 400) chance of spawning in Yearwood. To put this into some perspective, he will spawn half as frequently as a Gat Mobile. As Genki is a normal NPC, multiple Genkis may spawn at once. He will never spawn on Arapice Island or Magarac Island.
When Professor Genki spawns he has 32767 hitpoints - for comparison, Zombie Gat has 20000 hitpoints. It takes 1000 damage points to cause Genki to ragdoll.
Genki has a 50% chance of being unarmed, a 35% chance of having an Annihilator and Electric Grenades and a 15% chance of having a Stun Gun and Molotov Cocktails. Unarmed, Genki is 5 times as strong as a normal enemy - for comparison, Zombie Gat's melee attacks are 100 times stronger than a normal enemy. He can also make The Protagonist involuntarily breakdance, similar to the Mollusk Launcher.[screenshot?]
Genki appears on the radar as an enemy, and will attack everyone around him. When killed, he will drop at least $100,000 in Cash, which may be multiplied by money-related Unlockables and Upgrades, which may be over $1,000,000 with all bonuses including the Bloodsucker Pack.
Live Action Trailer Edit
A canonical live action trailer, created by Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim (best known for their Adult Swim show "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!") was released which depicted Professor Genki's show. Professor Genki does not talk, instead communicating by his "pleasure bar" which is adjusted by tapping or waving his staff. The show features a cult-like audience and a bizarre atmosphere.
It is revealed that Professor Genki was a renowned professor of science at the Science University College of Science. Genki taught along side Todd who just so happened to be his pet cat whom he loved. Genki, fearing his own mortality, set to work on creating a magical device that would fuse the two together so that they may live forever in harmony as a half-man half-cat being. The experiment was a success. People were in awe of Professor Genki's new form, as his head had morphed into that of a cat's. He then became the international spiritual leader, replacing the Pope. The experiment wasn't without side-effects, as Genki's enlarged brain gave him powers far beyond any mortal and an insatiable appetite for wet cat food and human brains. He became all powerful, supreme and a worshipped leader. The nature of Genki was irreversible.
When you compliment or taunt Professor Genki or a homie dressed as him, he may say the following lines:
- "You really have fine tastes."
- "Perhaps Genki wears the purple?"
- "We both know murder!"
- "You're no match for Super Murder Cat!"
- "Would you like a reality climax?"
- "Is it your fun time?"
- "That almost got my fur!"
- "You like Professor Genki?"
- "Yay, fun time!"
- "Don't hit super murder cat."
- "Murder time fun time."
- "Professor Genki loves life!"
- "Professor Genki says put your pants on" (while streaking)
- "Remember Kids its fun to kill."
- "Hit it like you mean it."
- "You challenge Professor Genki?."
- "It's only a flesh wound."
- "School is now in session."
- "And now, you die."
- "More Professor Genki."
- "Professor Genki kill."
- "Murder Cat comes for you."
- "I've been in worst situations than this."
- "Try harder if you want me to give up."
- "You expect me to stand here and take that shit?"
- "I'm not finished with you yet."
- "Fear the Super Murder Cat!"
- "Murder! Murder! Murder!"
- "Don't hit Professor Genki."
- "This was not suppose to happen [or happen yet?]- so fuck off already!"
- "Pain for You."
- "Quiet time can be fun time too."
- "I'm so happy, I could pur."
- "Run away! Run away!"
- "Genki" (（元気）) is Japanese for health, energy, or vitality.
- Professor Genki has his own troupe of scantily-clad assistants known as the Genki Girls.
- The wide grin on Professor Genki's face and the fact that he is a cat is likely an homage to the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.
- Professor Genki has become the unofficial mascot for Saints Row: The Third.
- Professor Genki's speech draws heavily from Japanese stereotypes and Engrish.
- Despite the fact Professor Genki is heard with a deep, stereotypical Japanese-English voice in the Genki trailer, in commercials promoting his game show in Saints Row: The Third, he is heard with a higher pitched, nearly cartoonish voice. He is also heard with a slightly less high pitched voice in the "Genkiworld" commercial.
- Professor Genki refers to himself in the third person.
- In Genkibowl VII he has his own fleet of gang vehicles. The vehicles are the same types as from the Deckers' motorpool (Criminal, Kayak, Solar) only they feature a pink and black color scheme with either the Genkibowl VII logo or Genki's face decaled onto the vehicle.
- Genki is shown in Shaundi's Ex's apartment in a loading screen.
- When Genki says "It's only a flesh wound." it is a reference to the British comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Female Voice 1 will occasionally mention that Johnny Gat would like Prof. Genki and his Super Ethical Reality Climax game show. This is due to Gat's and Genki's love of violence. The Protagonist (Female Voice 1) will also mention how they love Genki.
- Female Voice 2 suggests they open up a JohnnyWorld (Gat themed amusement park) to steal Genki's fans and compete with his GenkiWorld amusement park.
- Several Genki mascots can be seen walking around the gym in the "A Remote Chance" mission. Genki mascots are the rarest mascots in the game.
- Prof. Genki mascots can be added as gang members via the mascot option (which is unlocked by completing all Super Ethical Reality Climax) in gang customization.
- Professor Genki's voice lines vary in pitch and vary between sounding male or female.
- ↑ http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/142yto/saints-row-iv-e3-2013--first-look-demo--stream-
- ↑ The Gat Mobile has a 0.10% spawn rate in all neighborhoods except New Baranec, which is 0.50%
- ↑ This is the highest value of a 16 bit signed integer
- ↑ This is not a weapon-based ability.
- ↑ He is defined as having both a min and max of 100000
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Saints Row: The Third - Tim & Eric & Genki FULL (OFFICIAL) - YouTube
- ↑ Denshi Jisho — Online Japanese dictionary
- ↑ File:Genki_Safehouse.jpg
- 2012-12-24 - spawning without glasses?