|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third |
Saints Row IV
|Also known as||Murderous Mad Cat[when?]|
|Family||Genki Girls (assistants/followers)|
|Affiliations||Zach and Bobby|
Genki Mascot Army
|Occupation(s)||Game Show Host|
|Voiced by||Yuri Lowenthal|
Genki is the host of Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax and Genkibowl VII. He wears a white lab coat, a blue bow-tie, a white shirt with pink buttons, green pants, and a giant pink cat head. His alternate appearance sports a more athletic body type, with green stars and a golden trim as well as a cape.
His name brands Professor Genki's Super Ballistic Manapult and Professor Genki's Octopuss Cannon, a vehicle and weapon in Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack, also known as the Funtime! Pack.
Despite his cute and cuddly appearance, Professor Genki is very sadistic and cruel at times, as he gains pleasure from the death and sacrifice of others and at one point during Genkibowl VII, Tammy states that he is known to ship people off to North Korean prison camps if they look him in the eye.
In the second mission for Genkibowl VII, The Protagonist escorts Genki around Steelport, causing murder and mayhem, before taking Genki to meet his fans.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
Professor Genki is the creator of the gameshow Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax. The leader of the 3rd Street Saints, The Protagonist takes part in the gameshow when told about it by Pierce. Although Genki doesn't appear in person, he is shown demonstrating the show in the introduction to the activity.
During the event Genkibowl VII, Professor Genki requests The Protagonist (who is partaking in the event) to escort him around Steelport and get him in the mood to meet his fans. The Protagonist drives Genki around Steelport causing murder and mayhem, which pleases Genki and gets him in the right mood to meet his awaiting fans.
Saints Row IVEdit
Genki teams up with alien warlord Zinyak, leader of the Zin Empire who launches an invasion on the earth. Genki creates a new gameshow in the simulation called Professor Genki's Mind Over Murder which is broadcast across the galaxy and is hosted by Zach and Bobby who are forced to do commentary for it. The Protagonist takes part in the new activity when planning on taking down the simulation.
During a training simulation created by Asha Odekar where she and The Protagonist must escort a VIP in the form of Genkibowl VII presenter Tammy Tolliver, it ends up being disrupted by Zinyak. Genki later enters into the training program and blows up the car with Tammy inside, killing her. When facing off with The Protagonist, Genki develops Super Powers and becomes a "Super-Genki" and begins attacking them. When The Protagonist regains their superpowers, they manage to defeat Genki.
When The Protagonist, Johnny Gat, Kinzie, and Shaundi and Fun Shaundi are trapped in a Genki arena with attacking Zin, Genki arrives. Despite Shaundi claiming Genki is "trying" to help, an angered Protagonist fires upon Genki and kills him. Despite his apparent death, Zach and Bobby claim that Genki won't be gone forever.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
Professor Genki has a 0.05% (1 in 2000) chance of spawning in most neighborhoods of Steelport, and a 0.25% (1 in 400) chance of spawning in Yearwood. To put this into some perspective, he spawns half as frequently as a Gat Mobile. He never spawns on Arapice Island or Magarac Island. Although Genki is a normal NPC, spawning is capped at 1 in all areas, although on rare occasions multiple Genki's can spawn in the same area.
Genki has a 50% chance of being unarmed, a 35% chance of having an Annihilator and Electric Grenades and a 15% chance of having a Stun Gun and Molotov Cocktails. Unarmed, Genki is 5 times as strong as a normal enemy - for comparison, Zombie Gat's melee attacks are 100 times stronger than a normal enemy. He can also make The Protagonist involuntarily breakdance, similar to the Mollusk Launcher.[screenshot?] He is also the only NPC capable of doing Testicular Assault attacks on The Protagonist and Special Saints.
Genki appears on the radar as an enemy, and attacks everyone around him. When killed, he drops at least $100,000 in Cash, which may be multiplied by money-related Unlockables and Upgrades, which may be over $1,000,000 with all bonuses including the Bloodsucker Pack.
Saints Row IVEdit
Live Action TrailerEdit
A canonical live action trailer, created by Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim (best known for their Adult Swim show "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!") was released which depicted Professor Genki's show. Professor Genki does not talk, instead communicating by his "pleasure bar" which is adjusted by tapping or waving his staff. The show features a cult-like audience and a bizarre atmosphere.
It is revealed that Professor Genki was a renowned professor of science at the Science University College of Science. Genki taught along side Todd who just so happened to be his pet cat whom he loved. Genki, fearing his own mortality, set to work on creating a magical device that would fuse the two together so that they may live forever in harmony as a half-man half-cat being. The experiment was a success. People were in awe of Professor Genki's new form, as his head had morphed into that of a cat's. He then became the international spiritual leader, replacing the Pope. The experiment wasn't without side-effects, as Genki's enlarged brain gave him powers far beyond any mortal and an insatiable appetite for wet cat food and human brains. He became all powerful, supreme and a worshipped leader. The nature of Genki was irreversible.
When you compliment or taunt Professor Genki or a homie dressed as him, he may say the following lines:
- "You really have fine tastes."
- "Perhaps Genki wears the purple?"
- "We both know murder!"
- "You're no match for Super Murder Cat!"
- "Would you like a reality climax?"
- "Is it your fun time?"
- "That almost got my fur!"
- "You like Professor Genki?"
- "Yay, fun time!"
- "Don't hit super murder cat."
- "Murder time fun time."
- "Professor Genki loves life!"
- "Professor Genki says put your pants on" (while streaking)
- "Remember Kids its fun to kill."
- "Hit it like you mean it."
- "You challenge Professor Genki?."
- "It's only a flesh wound."
- "School is now in session."
- "And now, you die."
- "More Professor Genki."
- "Professor Genki kill."
- "Murder Cat comes for you."
- "I've been in worse situations than this."
- "Try harder if you want me to give up."
- "You expect me to stand here and take that shit?"
- "I'm not finished with you yet."
- "Fear the Super Murder Cat!"
- "Murder! Murder! Murder!"
- "Don't hit Professor Genki."
- "This was not suppose to happen [or happen yet?]- so fuck off already!"
- "Pain for You."
- "Quiet time can be fun time too."
- "I'm so happy, I could pur."
- "Run away! Run away!"
- "Do not make Professor Genki mad!"
- "Genki" (（元気）) is Japanese for health, energy, or vitality.
- Professor Genki has his own troupe of scantily-clad assistants known as the Genki Girls.
- The mascots that appear in SERC are part of Genki's Mascot Army which according to Tammy Tolliver are people abducted of the streets of Steelport and in Sad Panda Sky Blazing it is suggested that Genki hunts down and brutally kill the mascots that try to escape or defy him.
- Along with the Genki Girls and Genki Mascot Army, Genki has a army of Brute clones he calls "Hunters". How he obtained them is never explained, similar to how Space Brutina ended up as part of the cast of Gangstas in Space.
- The wide grin on Professor Genki's face and the fact that he is a cat is likely a homage to the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.
- Professor Genki has become the unofficial mascot for Saints Row: The Third.
- Professor Genki's speech draws heavily from Japanese stereotypes and Engrish.
- Despite the fact Professor Genki is heard with a deep, stereotypical Japanese-English voice in the Genki trailer, in commercials promoting his game show in Saints Row: The Third, he is heard with a higher pitched, nearly cartoonish voice. He is also heard with a slightly less high pitched voice in the "Genkiworld" commercial.
- Professor Genki refers to himself in the third person.
- In Genkibowl VII he has his own fleet of gang vehicles. The vehicles are the same types as from the Deckers' motorpool (Criminal, Kayak, Solar) only they feature a pink and black color scheme with either the Genkibowl VII logo or Genki's face decaled onto the vehicle.
- Genki is shown in Shaundi's Ex's Apartment in a loading screen.
- When Genki says "It's only a flesh wound." it is a reference to the British comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Female Voice 1 occasionally mentions that Johnny Gat would like Prof. Genki and his Super Ethical Reality Climax game show. This is due to Gat's and Genki's love of violence. Female Voice 1 also mentions how they love Genki. This is proven true in Saints Row IV.[reference?]
- Female Voice 2 suggests they open up a JohnnyWorld (Gat themed amusement park) to steal Genki's fans and compete with his GenkiWorld amusement park.
- Several Genki mascots can be seen walking around the gym in the "A Remote Chance" mission. Genki mascots are the rarest mascots in the game.
- Prof. Genki mascots can be added as gang members via the mascot option (which is unlocked by completing all Super Ethical Reality Climax) in gang customization.
- Professor Genki's voice lines vary in pitch and vary between sounding male or female.
- Professor Genki's color schemes. and tendency to wear goggles (or eyewear that looks like goggles), and might be a reference to Dr. Hare, a villain from the children's game 'Poptropica'. However there are differences between the two, so this is highly unlikely.
- In Saints Row IV, he may spawn in Virtual Steelport even before completing The Fundamentals, before The Protagonist gets Super Powers.
- In "Saints Row IV", Professor Genki is for the first time, included in one of many missions and can spawn with Superpowers making Genki a very formidable opponent.
- During Viral defense missions it is possible to get waves of Genki's instead of Zin. It is likely these are also just people in Genki suits, since they talk in a normal voice.
- Professor Genki and The Protagonist are the only super powered real world people that are not altered in appearance after gaining their powers.
- ↑ http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/142yto/saints-row-iv-e3-2013--first-look-demo--stream-
- ↑ Youtube: http://youtu.be/sDrt94i4Bd8
- ↑ http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-iv-press-preview-followup.2823/
- ↑ Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax is introduced as a mission by Pierce Washington
- ↑ Mission: Super Ethical PR Opportunity
- ↑ The first instance of Professor Genki's Mind Over Murder is introduced as a primary quest by Kinzie Kensington
- ↑ Mission: Asha's VIP
- ↑ Mission: When a Plan Comes Together
- ↑ The Gat Mobile has a 0.10% spawn rate in all neighborhoods except New Baranec, which is 0.50%
- ↑ This is the highest value of a 16 bit signed integer
- ↑ This is not a weapon-based ability.
- ↑ He is defined as having both a min and max of 100000
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third - Tim & Eric & Genki FULL (OFFICIAL) - YouTube
- ↑ Tim&Eric
- ↑ Denshi Jisho — Online Japanese dictionary
- ↑ File:Genki_Safehouse.jpg
|See Character Task Force for ways to improve this article.|