|Possession with Intent|
|Story arc||Los Carnales|
|Cutscene(s)||• "Troy's Solution" |
• "Into the Breach"
• "Courting the Colombians"
|Objective(s)||• Take the car provided to the garage. |
• Go to the garage and pick up the explosives.
• Go to the Barrio Police Station.
• Park the car next to the evidence room.
• Get out of the car and get some distance before she blows.
• Defend the truck while the Saints are taking the drugs.
• Return the truck to the garage.
|Reward(s)||• Encanto neighborhood, Barrio District|
|Stronghold unlocked||"Charlestown Warehouse"|
- "He just got back from a sit-down with Orejuela and they came to an... interesting agreement: If we can get back all the drugs the cops seized, the Colombians are willing to work with us exclusively. We'll have a lock on the whole city."
- — Dex to The Protagonist and Troy, at the church.
Dex meets with Troy and The Protagonist at the church and informs them that if they can get the drugs back that the Stilwater Police Department seized in "McManus Says Hello", then Manuel Orejuela and the Colombian Drug Cartel will stop dealing with Los Carnales and deal with the 3rd Street Saints instead.
After blowing a hole into the evidence room of the police station in the Barrio District, the 3rd Street Saints successfully steal the drugs and return them to Manuel. Julius Little and Manuel shake hands on their new business agreement, but Angelo Lopez arrives and attempts to gun everyone down with a K6 Krukov for his brother. After he fails to do any significant damage, he flees, but Manuel gives Julius the location of his home: the Lopez Mansion in Ezpata, in the Barrio District.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files, and can be read in-game upon completion of the mission. To do this, pause the game at any time during gameplay, go to the 'INFO' tab, and select 'Story'.
After meeting with Manuel Orejuela, Julius reached an agreement with the drug lords: if the Saints can recover the seized drugs from the police, the Colombians will work exclusively with the Saints. Acting on Troy's plan, you used a car bomb to blow open the walls of the police station's evidence locker, stole the drugs, and took them back to the row. Just as the Saints closed the deal with Manuel's cartel, however, Angelo made one last vain effort to take out the Saints. He escaped, but now the Saints know where he lives...
To begin with, the player is instructed to drive a Destiny to Samson's garage to fill it with explosives. Once accomplished, they will have to drive it towards the police station in Encanto, in the Barrio District. The time limit to drive to the police station can be fairly strict and players are not allowed to damage their vehicle too much as the explosives will detonate. Therefore, players should drive careful but fast towards their destination, utilizing the handbrake around turns and weaving between cars as efficiently as possible.
The second segment of this mission revolves around simply defending the truck for 3 minutes. The player's police Notoriety will slowly fill up as the player kills more and more hostile law enforcers, so having a Homie here can help. Once the full three minutes have expired, the player will have the FBI after them, and must drive the truck back to Samson's garage.
Instead, a better idea is to set a GPS route on the Map to the nearest Forgive and Forget, which can be found at Charlestown, in the Docks & Warehouses District. Using the $500 cash is a worthy investment to lose all Notoriety, as the FBI vehicles can and will constantly ram into the truck; while the truck can take a lot of damage, it is by no means invincible, and if it is destroyed, the player will need to start the mission again from the very beginning. By using the Forgive and Forget, the rest of the drive back to the Saint's Row District presents absolutely no challenge.
Upon completing what may or may not be a long and challenging mission (depending on the player's skill at driving), the player is rewarded Encanto in the Barrio District - where the police station was located at.
The player can fail the mission by dying, getting busted, destroying the car in the beginning of the mission, failing to get to the police station on time, detonating the explosives in the car too early, abandoning the crew or truck, or destroying the truck.
- • Cash: None
• Respect: None
• Achievement: None
• Neighborhood: Encanto
• Mission: House Call
• Stronghold: Charlestown Warehouse
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jack Armstrong: I'm Jack Armstrong. An explosion rocked a Stilwater police station today as hoodlums pulled off a daring heist in broad daylight. At least four police officers lost their lives when the side of the building housing the police evidence room was destroyed by a well-placed supply of explosives and a subsequent gun battle. Police estimate that of the booty seized, the crooks got away with drugs and guns with an estimated street value of over three million dollars. Police will only say that they were outnumbered and shocked at the brazen nature of the crime. The latest on this, and other Stilwater stories, at the top and bottom of the hour - news as it happens. I'm Jack Armstrong.
"Troy's Solution" cutscene Edit
Dex: "He just got back from a sit-down with Orejuela and they came to an... interesting agreement: If we can get back all the drugs the cops seized, the Colombians are willing to work with us exclusively. We'll have a lock on the whole city."
Troy: "Get the drugs back from the cops? How the fuck are we gonna do that?"
Dex: "We're taking out the police station."
Troy: "Are you out of your fuckin' mind? They'd lock the place down before you'd get anywhere."
Dex: "It's Jules', I mean Julius' plan. He called it, we have to go with it."
Troy: "No we don't."
Troy: "If you load a car up with some explosives, you could blow a hole right into the evidence locker and never have to fire a shot."
Dex: "That might lower the body count."
Troy: "That's what I'm sayin'."
Dex: "Aight, let's do it."
"Courting the Colombians" cutscene Edit
Julius Little: "I'm glad we could work things out."
Manuel Orejuela: "So how exactly would you like to move forward?"
Angelo Lopez: "(Spanish)"
Angelo Lopez: "You'll die for what you did to my brother."
Dex: "I wonder if he means us or Manuel?"
Manuel Orejuela: "Shit!"
Manuel Orejuela: "Wait!"
Manuel Orejuela: "I know where he'll go."
Manuel Orejuela: "That's where Angelo lives with his woman. Consider this payment for your... act of good faith."
Manuel Orejuela: "When you go over there, I'd appreciate it if you didn't kill the Senorita. We'll be in touch."
- Troy offers a plan that will reduce the body count when raiding the police station. It is later revealed during the end of the game that Troy is an undercover policeman.
- The first wiretap conversation between Troy and Dex in Saints Row 2 reveals that Dex knew all along that Troy was an undercover cop. Among other reasons, Dex mentions "that shit at the police station", referring to this mission. The wiretap conversation must be listened to if the player wants to play the bonus "Revelation" mission.
- The drugs were seized at the end of the mission "McManus Says Hello", but it is never explicitly said in this mission.
- Samson's line, "Alright man, you ain't got a lot of time, so hurry. One more thing. That shit in your car ain't exactly stable. I wouldn't hit anything if I were you", is also used in the Vice Kings mission, "...To Kingdom Come".
- Manuel Orejuela states that "we'll be in touch", although he is never seen in the game with the 3rd Street Saints again. He is seen once more in the "Battlefield Promotion" cutscene, providing a lighter for Luz Avalos, who is attempting to light a cigarette at a bar.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Cutscene: Troy's Solution
- ↑ Cutscene: Into the Breach
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Cutscene: Courting the Colombians
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC08_FAIL_NO_EXPLOSIVES=You failed to get the explosives installed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC08_FAIL_TIMER=You didn't reach the police station in time.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC08_FAIL_DAMAGE=The car with the explosives was destroyed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC08_FAIL_ABANDON=You've abandoned your crew.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC08_FAIL_DEFENSE=You failed to defend the <green>truck</green>.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC08_FAIL_TRUCK=You failed to return the truck to Saint's Row
- ↑ Cutscene: Salting the Earth
- ↑ Cutscene: Killing the Mood