|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
They are a common presence at night in both Saints Row and Saints Row 2. However, their abilities and apparent organization differ wildly between the two games. They drive the Baron, Eiswolf, Betsy, and Compton.
Pimps are the only gang in the city that don't have a notoriety bar, but you can still annoy one and make them come after you (in droves, most of the time).
Pimps rarely carry firearms, but they are often armed with baseball bats and crowbars, and they will pick up any weapon lying on the ground, including grenades and rocket launchers. They also have a habit of using Improvised Weapons.
It is very rare to find one on the North Island, however.
Saints Row Edit
Pimps in Saints Row are little more than pedestrians with slightly upgraded health and weaponry. Pimps would only be seen outdoors at night, and in low-income areas of Stilwater. Though pimps would sometimes travel in carpools, they don't appear to have any common relation in Saints Row. They act independently in combat and can fight each other if prompted to. Pimps are notable above civilians in that they often carry weapons such as a crowbar or, in rare cases, a shotgun, making them dangers to fight in close range at the start of the game, although still less of a threat than police or gang members. They would sometimes appear to be affilitated with certain gangs according to the color of their jackets, but outside of Snatch missions, they don't try to assist any gang members.
Saints Row 2 Edit
Pimps are apparently an organized faction in Saints Row 2, working cooperatively and traveling in large packs. As in Saints Row 1, they only appear in low-income areas, however they can now be seen during the day within certain clubs or at outdoor restaurants, and seldom alone. They are marked as red dots on your map like police officers and gang members.
Pimps appear to be highly territorial, being visibly aggressive to the player if he walks into a pimp's path. They are prone to attack after being taunted only once, or otherwise threatened in any way. Pimps are dangerous adversaries as individuals, being highly resistant to gunfire and possessing great strength in melee attacks, as well as proficiency with all weapons, especially improvised. To compound the threat, pimps attack ferociously in packs. A player fighting an individual pimp may soon find himself surrounded by five or ten or even twenty viscious pimps, all focusing their assault on the player relentlessly. Attacking them from a moving vehicle with a pistol or SMG is usualy the best option. Another option is to grab one pimp and throw them into the others, knocking several down at the same time and giving breathing room. Also, any melee weapon that knocks enemies down will make a pimp brawl decidedly easier.
When a pimp is threatened he will pick up and fight with anything it can find, such as glass bottles, mailboxes and barrels.
If you call up "Pimps 'R Us" on 555-PIMP (555-7467) and get the Pimp to chase you, there will be many pimps around, even in districts where they do not normally appear.
- Despite being Pimps, they do not use Pimp Cane shotguns or Pimp Slap.
- Pimps appear as a Gang Customization in Saints Row 2. There is no Pimp Gang Customization option in Saints Row: The Third, though Hos are present.
- Other than Zimos and Assassination targets named Smoov and Andre, there are no other pimps in Saints Row: The Third'. While the Snatch activity is still present, the Pimps are normal gang members.
- In Saints Row: The Third, the "hohoho" cheat turns Civilians into Pimps and Hos. When the cheat is active, Pimps will replace all males, while Strippers and Hos replace all females).
- If The Protagonist makes a Saint gangster hostile by taunting and/or attacking him, the game will treat him as a Pimp, as he will not be able to damage other Pimps and Pimps will come to assist him against The Protagonist even if they were not harassed in any way.
- The Z Style Pack dlc for Saints Row: The Third adds a complete Pimp outfit to the Wardrobe: pimp hat, pimp suit, bling, pimp shoes, earrings, sunglasses, and adds the Bling Shotgun to the Weapons Cache.
- The Protagonist has worked with several pimps over the years such as Will, Helmers, Sykes, Lindsey and Zimos. Apart from Zimos, they are just associates and not real members of the Saints, although Will wears purple.
- In Saints Row 2, only 12 Pimps can follow The Protagonist at a time.
- As with all enemies, if there are more than 2 trying to attack The Protagonist at once, additional Pimps will stand and cheer.