Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Saints Row 2|
They are a common presence at night in both Saints Row and Saints Row 2. However, their abilities and apparent organization differ wildly between the two games.
Pimps are the only gang in the city that don't have a leader, official color and Notoriety bar.
Pimps rarely carry firearms, but they are often armed with Baseball Bats and Crowbars in Saints Row, and they pick up any weapon lying on the ground, including Hand Grenades and RPG Launchers. They also have a habit of using Improvised Weapons.
Pimps in Saints Row are little more than civilians with slightly upgraded health and weaponry. Pimps only spawn outdoors at night, in low-income areas of Stilwater. Though pimps would sometimes travel in carpools, they don't appear to have any common relation in Saints Row. They act independently in combat and can fight each other if prompted to. Pimps are notable above civilians in that they often carry weapons such as a crowbar or, in rare cases, a shotgun, making them dangers to fight in close range at the start of the game, although still less of a threat than police or gang members. They would sometimes appear to be affiliated with certain gangs according to the color of their jackets, but outside of Snatch missions, they don't try to assist any gang members.
As with gang members, Pimps cannot be taken Hostage.
Saints Row 2Edit
Pimps are apparently an organized faction in Saints Row 2, working cooperatively and traveling in large packs. As in Saints Row, they only appear in low-income areas, mostly during the day within certain clubs or at outdoor restaurants, and seldom alone. They are marked as red dots on the Map like police officers and gang members.
Pimps appear to be highly territorial, being visibly aggressive to The Protagonist if they walk into a pimp's path. They are prone to attack after being taunted only once, or otherwise threatened in any way. Pimps are dangerous adversaries as individuals, being highly resistant to gunfire and possessing great strength in melee attacks, as well as proficiency with all weapons, especially Improvised Weapons. To compound the threat, pimps attack ferociously in packs.
After attacking a single pimp, five to twenty other pimps eventually arrive, all focusing their assault on The Protagonist relentlessly. Attacking them from a moving vehicle with a pistol or SMG is usually the best option. Another option is to take one pimp as a Human Shield and throw them into the others, knocking several down at the same time and giving breathing room. Also, any melee weapon that knocks enemies down makes a pimp brawl decidedly easier. Or simply take a pimp as Human Shield and quickly execute him.
After using the Cellphone to call "Pimps 'R Us" on 555-PIMP (555-7467), a pimp arrives in a Compton and attacks, with many other Pimps arriving on foot soon after, even in districts where they do not normally appear.
- Despite being Pimps, they do not use Pimp Cane shotguns or Pimp Slap.
- Pimps appear as a Gang Customization in Saints Row 2. There is no Pimp Gang Customization option in Saints Row: The Third, though Hos are present.
- Other than Zimos and Assassination targets named Smoov and Andre, there are no other pimps in Saints Row: The Third. While the Snatch Activity is still present, the Pimps are normal Morningstar gang members.
- In Saints Row: The Third, the "hohoho" cheat turns Civilians into Pimps and Hos. When the cheat is active, Pimps replace all males, while Strippers and Hos replace all females.
- If The Protagonist makes a Saint gangster hostile by taunting and/or attacking him, the game treats him as a Pimp, as he is not able to damage other Pimps and Pimps come to assist him against The Protagonist even if they are not harassed in any way.
- In Saints Row 2, only 12 Pimps can follow The Protagonist at a time.
- As with all enemies, if there are more than 2 trying to attack The Protagonist at once, additional Pimps stand and cheer.
- The Z Style Pack DLC for Saints Row: The Third adds a complete Pimp outfit to the Wardrobe: pimp hat, pimp suit, bling, pimp shoes, earrings, sunglasses, and adds the Bling Shotgun to the Weapons Cache.
- The Protagonist has worked with several pimps over the years such as Will, Helmers, Sykes, Lindsey and Zimos. Apart from Zimos, they are just associates and not real members of the Saints, although Will wears purple.