|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third|
|Affiliations||3rd Street Saints|
KGB Agent pre-SRTT
|Voiced by||Mark Allen Stewart.|
Oleg was a former KGB agent. Standing over 8 feet tall and extremely muscular, he was favored not only for his immense physical strength but also his intellect. He was held captive for several years by The Syndicate, who sought to make use of his immense strength and knowledge. From a top-secret cloning facility at the Syndicate Tower, they used him as a patron to create the brutes. The clones produced came out super-strong, but they lacked intelligence; unlike Oleg, who is a certified genius. These clones were then distributed to the Luchadores, the Deckers, and the Morningstar to serve as muscle, semi-elite enforcers and sex workers. After they rescue him, Oleg later helps The Protagonist, Pierce, and Shaundi locate and kill Phillipe Loren. After this, he joins the Saints, helping them in various missions and as a homie.
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many will have conversations.
- Angel and Oleg
Oleg: "I don't waste my time with exhibitions. When I fight, I fight to kill."
Angel: "Ever consider Murderbrawl? You have the bloodlust for it."
- Burt and Oleg
Oleg: "I should kill you where you stand, Reynolds."
Burt: "The Cold War is over, son."
Oleg: "Do you think I'm naïve enough to believe that?"
Burt: "Ha, guess not."
Oleg: "I owe a debt to the Saints, but when this is all over, you and I will settle what we started in Moscow."
Burt: "Anytime, you commie."
- Josh and Oleg
Oleg: "Do you?"
Josh: "I played Torvald in A Doll's House when I was nine."
Oleg: "Never talk to me again."
- Kinzie and Oleg
Oleg: "Is it that obvious?"
Kinzie: "You're a giant Russian Superman. You don't have a whole lot of options, unless you're really Rasputin."
Oleg: "I think I like you, mousey-one."
- Shaundi and Oleg
Oleg: "I worked for the Russian government."
Shaundi: "What did you do for them?"
Oleg: "Whatever my country needed of me."
Shaundi: "That's... very vague... and really unnerving."
- Oleg and Viola
Viola: "What are you droning on about?"
Oleg: "You fooled the Saints, but I know your true colors."
Viola: "People change, Oleg."
Oleg: "No they don't. I'm watching you."
- Zimos and Oleg
Zimos: "I know a lot of lonely ladies who would love a chance to spend the night with a man of your talent."
Oleg: "I'm not one of your whores, old man."
Zimos: "No, you're a civil servant giving poor widows a chance to feel what it's like to be with a real man for the first time in their cold lives."
Oleg: "Hmmm, I will consider."
- During the mission "Gang Bang" Oleg can be seen on the VTOL he jumps on during the mission west of the Penthouse. The Boss will mention something about him "having fun".
- Oleg has clones that "are not as smart as the chess-playing Oleg" that you fight as regular enemies, they can "throw cars".
- Oleg Kirrlov's surname was thought for a long time to be "Kirrlor" due to a typo by GameInformer "that became legacy", according to lead writer on Saints Row: The Third Steve Jaros.
- When he is found nude in The Belgian Problem, his groin is blurred, but his buttocks are not.
- When released from his shackles during The Belgian Problem, he drops into a kneeling position that resembles The Terminator's first appearance.
- Oleg was allegedly once under the employ of the KGB. However, when asked about this, Oleg is angered and says "THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER." In general, Oleg is very tight lipped about his life before being captured by the Syndicate and being cloned, stating it would be better for your friendship if you didn't know about it.
- Many hints allege to the fact that Oleg was a KGB agent before he was captured, the most revealing being that he knew not only about the NEMO chair, but that the KGB destroyed the only one in existence.
- Oleg revealed that he has feelings for Kinzie in Three Way, saying "It is rare I find an intellectual equal."
- While Oleg is a homie, if you attack him, he will begin to act like his clones and attack the player. If you use a car that is too small for him, he will begin flipping it over.
- When left idle while using Female Voice 1, The Protagonist will state they are tired of Oleg's lectures on the failings of capitalism, further suggesting Oleg is pro-communist.
- Oleg plays chess with Pierce several times during the game, though something always seems to ruin the game. It is hinted during beginning cut-scene of STAG Party that he may be a sore loser. He purposely ruins the chess game he and Pierce were playing, suggesting he was losing and did not wish Pierce to win.
- Oleg usually advocates the logical course of action during missions with multiple choices, despite personal unpleasantness. He suggests keeping the Syndicate Tower, despite the time he spent suffering there, and the zombie virus, despite him being a former "patient zero". At the end of the game, he states the player should go after Killbane instead of rescuing the captured Saints, claiming that Shaundi should be left to die so their work would not be in vain.
- During combat, cloned Brutes may refer to him as "father", to which he will reply "you're no child of mine, just an abomination."
- Oleg can pick up the Mini-gun and Incinerator, and will never run out of ammo.
- Oleg apparently speaks Latin, as he will occasionally offer to teach The Protagonist after being called as a homie. He will also say that it is nice to converse in a proper language.
- Sometimes, if left idle when using Female Voice 2, she will mention that Oleg reminds her of her father, even if The Protagonist has not yet rescued Oleg.
- Whenever you call Oleg up as a Homie he is always driven by the same female Saint, who will also be recruited as a follower.
- During the mission "Gang Bang", Oleg seems to recognize the technology and firepower utilized by STAG. When The Protagonist asks him about it, he claims it to be "military grade, way beyond the private sector". The fact that he was one of the first to grasp the scope of the situation suggests that in the past, he might have been part of some military branch or secret service institution like the KGB.
- Oleg's personal and professional opinions of Viola DeWynter serve as some of the motivating factors for why The Protagonist allowed Viola to join the Saints.
- According to the development section of the Prima guide, originally Oleg wasn't cloned, he was a leg breaker for the Syndicate, who joined the Saints to be with his role model: Josh Birk.
- Oleg's movements in cut scenes look remarkedly similar to Mr. Hyde's in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
- Oleg's left eye is discolored when the player first meets him in Loren's tower in "The Belgian Problem", suggesting he's blind in that eye. However, after killing Loren, his eye becomes normal.
- According to Principal Technical Artist Adam Pletcher, "Oleg can't fit into most cars, but he will climb into truck beds.". This is untrue, Oleg can only climb into the back of a Criminal.
- In the "Find Shortcuts" Challenge, Oleg quotes Sun Tzu's "Art of War".
- In the "Destroy Smart Cars" Challenge Oleg asks The Protagonist to destroy Emus, saying "the impracticality of these little vehicles for someone of my size annoys me."
- Oleg's potential relationship with Kinzie is similar to Jaws, a giant Slavic male, relationship with a bespectacled mousy blonde female in the film Moonraker.
|Characters in Saints Row: The Third|
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third credits
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Developer Commentary - Saints Row: The Third Power CG Trailer, retrieved 18th July 2011
- ↑ According to the Homie conversation
- ↑ "The Belgian Problem" mission
- ↑ "Brute"
- ↑ "The Belgian Problem"
- ↑ , retrieved 5th November 2011
- ↑ Three Way mission
- ↑ Cut-scenes during Convoy Decoy, STAG Party, and Three Way
- ↑ Three Way
- ↑ Especially at Angel's Gym during Return to Steelport, but also at other times
- ↑ scan?
- ↑ Prima Guide Developer tips
- ↑ Tested with Peterliner, Flatbed, Thorogood, Alaskan, Bulldog and Compensator