|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
|Marked since 2013-03-07 because: more Homie-related information is required|
|Josh Birk, who portrays the character Nyte Blayde, in Saints Row: The Third.|
|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third |
Saints Row IV
|Also known as||Franklyn Nyte|
|Family||Sylvia (spouse, deceased)|
|Affiliations||STAG SRTT |
Matt Miller SRIV
3rd Street Saints
- See also: Nyte Blayde (franchise)#Characters
- "Nyte Blayde, an exceptionally good looking but misunderstood vampire who risks life and limb every week to keep the world safe."
- — Josh Birk, using his popularity as Nyte Blayde to endorse STAG.
Franklyn Nyte, known better as his alter ego Nyte Blayde, is a vampire-hunter-turned-vampire.
After the death of his wife, Sylvia, at the hands of the vampire Mr. X, Nyte Blayde joins the Cyprian Order to hunt and kill vampires in an effort to find his wife's killer. However, after being turned into a vampire himself, the Cyprian Order turns against him, and he is forced to fight a two-sided battle.
He is portrayed by the actor Josh Birk.
Saints Row IVEdit
Nyte Blayde's appears in a training simulation created by Matt Miller, which is based off one of his fan fictions. It involves a plot where they must track down the Cardinal, and Nyte Blayde calls upon a delighted Matt for his assistance. Nyte Blayde arrives at the 3 Count Casino to meet Matt and The Protagonist and they follow him in order to search for the Cardinal. However Zinyak hijacks the program and turns Nyte Blayde against Matt Miller and The Protagonist, forcing them to kill him. The Protagonist then awards Matt Miller with Nyte Blayde's powers and then awards Miller all rights to the Nyte Blayde franchise, telling him not to stop making it.
Enter the DominatrixEdit
Josh Birk acts in character when the Zin Empire attack Steelport and then the Saints 3 Count penthouse. He ends up vanishing whilst The Protagonist, Shaundi and Kinzie fight off the Zin but turns up later to help them fight the Zin. Josh is killed in the process when defeating a giant alien.
Nyte Blayde season 1 Edit
Originally "a man with a purpose", the eponymous hero Nyte Blayde joins the Cyprian Order as a vampire hunter after his wife, Sylvia, is killed by the vampire Mr. X. Nyte Blayde chases after him, the adventures of which form the bulk of Season 1. Sometime after Sylvia's death, Nyte Blayde begins a relationship with The Bloody Canoness, another member of the Cyprian Order. With his two blades, Nocturne and The Sun Ra, Nyte Blayde brings "righteous fury to the damned" for The Cardinal, the leader of the Cyprian Order. After being turned into a vampire, the Cyprian Order turns against Nyte Blayde, as does the The Bloody Canoness, and he flees.
After these events, he falls in love for a woman named Marion; although she wants a relationship, Nyte Blayde tells himself he doesn't, claiming, "after losing Sylvia, I can never love again". The Cyprian Order, however, are still after Nyte Blayde, and in an effort to get to him, The Bloody Canoness kills Marion.
Nyte Blayde eventually confronts The Cardinal, demanding to know why the Cyprian Order are trying to kill him; The Cardinal states that while Nyte Blayde is not like the other vampires, he believes Nyte Blayde's hunger will rise and he will eventually become "no different than Mr. X".
Nyte Blayde soon learns that his best friend, Stu, is Mr. X. Nyte Blayde manages to kill Mr. X, and in the final episode of Season 1, an enemy known only as The Darkness reveals itself to Nyte Blayde and The Bloody Canoness.
Nyte Blayde season 3 Edit
During dialogue in the mission "http://deckers.die", Matt Miller makes note of a Season 3 episode of Nyte Blayde, named "Rise of the Cyprian Order", revealing The Cardinal remains a prominent character beyond the events of Season 1.
Along with Josh Birk, Nyte Blayde is unlocked as a Homie after completing the mission "STAG Party" and giving Josh to Shaundi instead of Cyrus Temple at the end of the mission. If the player gives Josh to Cyrus instead, they will instead receive a City Takeover ability.
The Nyte Blayde Homie features Josh Birk in character as Nyte Blayde.
- Nyte Blayde's real name, Franklyn Nyte, is revealed on a poster in the STAG PR Center, which is accessible at any time, and is featured in mission, "Nyte Blayde's Return".
- Two downloadable content packs, the Nyte Blayde Pack and the Bloodsucker Pack, contain several allusions to both him and the franchise.
- The Nyte Blayde Mobile, a vehicle belonging to the Nyte Blayde Pack DLC, is named after him.
- It is possible to have Josh Birk and Nyte Blayde as Homies at the same time. As Homies, they act completely differently, with Nyte Blayde acting "in character" at all times, even when being injured.
- When phoned, Josh and Nyte Blayde's responses are the same.
- A character named Mr. X – Nyte Blayde's nemesis – appears in the mission "The Case of Mr. X"; although this character is unrelated to Nyte Blayde, he is presented as an antagonist by having all of The Protagonist's worst qualities multiplied.
- He is one of the bosses in Saints Row IV's Super-Powered Fight Club.
- He is a temporary Homie during Matt Miller's Loyalty mission, "Nytefall", although he is not unlocked after completing it.
- Nyte Blayde also has a few similarties to the real life show "Blade". Etc Blade hunts vampires same as Nyte Blayde, Blade is a vampire just like Nyte Blayde, Blade rides a bike just like Nyte Blayde, Blade wields a sword where there for Nyte Blayde wields two, Blade gets hunted down by a company of vampire hunters along with different vampires excactly like Nyte Blayde and lastly Blade use to have a love but died under vampires just like Nyte Blaydes lover.
- ↑ Mission: Convoy Decoy
- ↑ Mission: "Convoy Decoy"
- ↑ Image: Kill Nyteblayde objective
- ↑ "Convoy Decoy" mission
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Image: Nyte Blayde poster.jpg
- ↑ Mission: Nytefall
- ↑ Mission: Save the Planet
- ↑ Advert 1
- ↑ Advert 7
- ↑ Advert 3
- ↑ Advert 5
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Advert 10
- ↑ Advert 8
- ↑ Advert 9
- ↑ "http://deckers/die" transcript
|See Character Task Force for ways to improve this article.|