- It is present in most interior cribs, and is used to view Newspaper Articles about completed missions, as well as replaying Missions and Strongholds.
- During a Mission Replay, it is not possible to earn Cash or Respect. The Respect counter will not increase, and any Cash picked up during the replay will be removed after success or failure of the mission.
- There is a glitch present while replaying missions, which allows exiting an activity, or a mission replay, without a "Mission Failed" screen, and without being teleported back to the crib.
- This glitch is useful to obtain cars or clothing items which are only available during certain missions and are otherwise impossible to get afterward.
- This is known as the "Replay Glitch", "Clipboard Method" or "Clipboard Glitch", although it can be also be used to exit out of activities, which do not use the newspaper clipboard, as well as first-time missions.
- There are currently three known methods of exiting out of a mission replay while keeping the current vehicle and clothing. The game still believes the mission is active to some extent, so the game should be saved and reloaded afterwards. Using the glitch to exit out of the first mission, Jailbreak, will allow all weapons to be removed, but will also remove the ability to recruit homies until the game has been reloaded.
- No version of this glitch can be directly used to obtain a Side Shooter, or Jessica's Phoenix, although there is now a method to obtain her Phoenix within a replay.
Countdown + PauseEdit
- The earliest known method is to trigger a mission failure, but before the fail screen appears, press the Menu or Map button repeatedly until the mission name vanishes.
- This is easiest to do as the timer reaches zero due to a homie dying, or the mission timer running out, but is also possible to do as a result of a mission-specific vehicle exploding, such as the helicopter in ...And A Better Life.
- This method also works with Activities, so can be used to keep the police uniform used in Fuzz.
Cancel + PauseEdit
- This is a variation on the previous method. Instead of failing the mission, cancel it by pressing down twice, the game will prompt for confirmation, after confirming, immediately rapidly press the Menu or Map button.
Replay in a ReplayEdit
- After starting a mission replay, attempt to start a replay of a different mission. Nothing will happen, but when the mission is cancelled after doing this, The Protagonist will not be transported back to the crib.
- Apart from being easier, this method also allows exiting missions which do not have failure methods other than dying, but this method cannot be used with activities.
- Because the fail screen is shown, this method cannot be used to obtain some vehicles and clothing which would normally vanish, but it does make it easy to obtain the Warrant, Donnie's Voxel, the Hounfor and others.
- Attempting to start the same mission may cause the game to crash.
Newspaper Clipboard background logos