|Objective(s)||• Defend The Ring |
• Protect Angel
• Check On Angel
• Enter The Ring
• Fight Killbane
• Kill Luchadores
• Fight Killbane
• Unmask or Spare Killbane
Killbane's mask (unmask Killbane)
Apoca-Fists (spare Killbane)
- "This is my city! I am its Caesar! ...and I get to fiddle while it burns..."
- — Killbane
The Protagonist and Angel De La Muerte face off against Killbane. The Protagonist, known in the wrestling community as The Stilwater Butcher shows up at the ring while the crowd starts to sneer. Angel comes in and the crowd goes wild knowing the match is going to be a legendary one. While Angel starts his fight with Killbane in the ring, The Protagonist has to protect the ring from incoming Luchadores.
Killbane gets the upper hand in the fight and throws Angel out of the ring with an Elevated powerbomb move. Then a couple of Luchadores come in and start beating Angel who is still on the ground. The Protagonist rushes over to him to help him get up and gestures to the crowd that he needs some assistance. Someone throws a Woodsman down to The Protagonist so The Protagonist can take on a lot of Luchadores at the same time.
Angel says to The Protagonist that he can't continue the fight because it feels like he has broken his leg, so he sends The Protagonist in his place to fight Killbane. During the fight with Killbane you have to hit him with weapons and then dodge his finisher and then mount his back to drive him to a corner triggering a quick time event. While fighting, The Protagonist seems to get the upper hand against Killbane, so once Killbane is thrown out of the ring for the second time the Luchadores come in to attack The Protagonist. Once they're taken care of, Killbane comes back into the ring. During the fight The Protagonist gets the upper hand and hits an Elbow drop and puts Killbane in a headlock.
Many Improvised Weapons are available to the player as they attempt to prevent the Luchadores from distracting the referee and allowing Killbane to "get some low blows in on Angel", such as an inflatable shark, a cricket bat, a urinal and a blow-up doll.
Once Angel is thrown out of the ring the player is given a Woodsman to help defend him. Eventually, the player will need to fight Killbane themselves due to Angel sustaining an injury after an assult from many Luchadores. After defeating him (with the use of quick time events), the player is given the chance to either unmask and shame Killbane, or spare him. Depending on their choice, the player is given a different reward.
- This mission was first revealed via a video preview by IGN.
- The audience heard throughout the mission are actually "[over 50 Volition, Inc.] devs shoved into a conference room with a mic".
- Commentary can be heard during the mission from Zach and Bobby, who are also the hosts of Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax.
- One of the commentators is professional wrestler Rob Van Dam, who, during an interview, stated, "I commentated during the wrestling. I don't even know what my character's name is, but I was reading the script, and ad-libbing and adding a lot to it. The game seems like it's a lot of fun. One of the lines is, "Oh my God! He's got a chainsaw!" It's crazy.".
- Bobby and Angel's voice actors, Rob Van Dam and Hulk Hogan, have competed at Wrestlemania in the past.
- Regardless of The Protagonist's gender, the announcers will always refer to them as a male.
- One of the commentary lines from the portion of the match where the player is wrestling Killbane states that he was unable to connect with the "Killswitch". This refers to WWE Wrestler Christian, who uses a move called the Killswitch as his finisher.
- The title 'Murderbrawl' is a possible reference to the WWE event 'Wrestlemania' as they both use Roman numerals at the end of the title.
- 'Murderbrawl' could also be a reference to the former WCW event SuperBrawl
- 'Murderbrawl XXXI' may also be a reference to both the Superbowl and the London 2012 Olympics (which was the 31st Olympiad).
- The Elevated powerbomb that Killbane used to injure Angel was used by WWE wrestler, The Undertaker as one of his finishing moves.
- Prior to Saints Row: The Third, "Canonized" is the only other mission throughout the Saints Row series that gives the player a different reward depending on the outcome of the end of the mission. Saints Row: The Third has several missions with different rewards attached to some missions: "The Belgian Problem", "The Ho Boat", "http.deckers.die", "STAG Party", "Zombie Attack" and "Three Way".
- If Killbane is unmasked, he will be not be wearing a mask during the final fight in Three Way.
- At the end of the fight with Killbane in the final cutscene, no matter what choice you choose it still looks as if the player is holding something in his hand when he's facing the crowd.
- Killbane's mask is only acquirable at the end of this mission and is the only boss related unlocked item of clothing. When the player wears it, taunting people will set them on fire.
- One way to have both of the Killbane's mask and the Apoca-Fists is to upload and download a character with the mask and use it in the game you have the Apoca-Fists.
- This mission seems to be very bugged/glitched on Xbox 360/PS3 version of the game. After checking if Angel is alright and entering the ring, you'll immediately get the improvised weapons, only to find out that Killbane is invincible. Only way to fix is to turn off your console during the mentioned fight.
- During "The Walking Apocalypse" trailer, the scene after the fight is shown. In the trailer, a Luchadore Specialist is seen getting punched in the stomach, but in game, it is simply a regular Luchadore.
- Despite Angel injuring his leg during the match, he is shown celebrating with The Protagonist after the match with no evident physical handicap.
- Killbane's punches and kicks are incredibly slow.
- The reason for the Angel and Killbane feud is revealed by the commentators if the player allows the Angel vs. Killbane match to go for a bit; in the original match Killbane had one of the Luchadores stab Angel during the match.
- When the Protagonist first tries to punch Killbane unarmed, they will pause and look around as if they expected to knock him out.
- Killbane believes he is a modern-day version of Roman dictator Julius Caesar, this can be seen numerous times in the game.
- If the Apoca-Fist is obtained using cheats before this mission, they are the only permanent weapon which can be used during the mission.
- Despite the choice made, Angel will stay a Homie and Killbane will still go on a rampage.
- This mission is one of few which teleport The Protagonist into the mission.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Saints Row The Third: Murderbrawl - Video Preview - YouTube, retrieved 6th September 2011
- ↑ Twitter / @SaintsRow: The audience heard through ..., retrieved 6th September 2011
- ↑ Impact Wrestling's Rob Van Dam on 'Bound for Glory,' Hulk Hogan & Jeff Hardy - Xfinity, retrieved 16th September 2011