|Wong Sheng Tai|
|Saints Row 2|
|Also known as||
Mr. Wong is a Chinese businessman and mobster, who owns a Chinese restaurant. He can speak some English, but usually talks in Mandarin, so he brings a Translator everywhere he goes. He is ruthless, which was shown when he shot his translator in the leg for having mistranslated him (despite this, the translator remains loyal to him, shown to still be at Wong's side when he appears in Saints Row 2, albeit with a crippled leg.). He was an old enemy of Kazuo Akuji, and hates Kazuo's son Shogo because many years ago he killed Mr. Wong's beloved dog, Sadie. He hires The Protagonist as a hitman to kill some people who harmed his family (The Protagonist states that at some point, he killed someone in a hotdog suit for Wong.) After The Protagonist kills all the targets, Mr. Wong becomes his friend. He drives a Justice car and use a T3K Urban in battle, despite this, he is usually seen using a .44 Shepherd. After The Protagonist and Johnny Gat kill Shogo, Wong comes to the Saints headquarters to thank him, but the Saints HQ went under heavy attack by Kazuo and the Ronin. After a serious shootout, Wong and the Saints manages to defeat them. The Protagonist assigns Gat as a bodyguard for Wong during a Chinese heritage festival. The Ronin attack them and Kazuo and Wong finally have a confrontation. Wong and Akuji engage in a violent sword duel on a burning boat, though eventually Kazuo wins in the fight; Wong manages to survive and escape the inferno. After The Protagonist defeated The Ronin leader, he calls Wong and gives him the pleasure of hearing his mortal enemy's screams of pain.
- In Saints Row 2, The Protagonist mentions Mr. Wong used to have him "runnin' around killin' guys in hotdog suits...". In this he is making a reference to Mr. Wong's Hitman list in Saints Row, in which the target "Bucky" wears a hotdog suit.
- Technically speaking, in modern Chinese "Pin-Yin", Mr. Wong should be spelled as "Mr. Wang" - pronounced as "Won", dropping the G. Mr. Wong is Wades-Giles spelling. Anyone who is fluent in Mandarin and English should understand the in-joke because Wang is a euphemism for penis.
- In Saints Row 2, when Mr. Wong speaks Mandarin, there are no subtitles, with all translations coming from his Translator. However, Wong's Mandarin dialogue has translated subtitles in the Russian version of the game.
- Considering his apparent age, Mr. Wong is in good health since he can run, sprint and fight.
- Wong's appearance (particularly his hat and quilted green-black tunic) is identical to that of Angelo Rossitto in the 1939 movie Mr. Wong in Chinatown, while his name is that of Boris Karloff's character in the same movie.
- Mr. Wong has a daughter.
Since Mr. Wong is Chinese and prefers to speak Mandarin rather than English, he speaks many Chinese phrases if called as a Homie. Since Chinese is a very "flexible" language with multiple meanings, a lot of what Mr. Wong says also has multiple meanings, especially depending on context.
- ni bu shi wo de dui shou (你不是我的对手）：) "You are no match for me."
- hao, hao ya! hao! hao! (好， 好呀！ 好！ 好！）：) "Good, great, awesome! Nice!"
- ni bu zhi de wo qu hua shi jian (你不值得我去花时间）：) "You do not deserve my time", or, "I do not need to spend time on you." He also says this when he wins a fight.
- gei wo gun! (给我滚）：) "Get outta my face!" or "Scram!"
- wei le zhege che, sha le si ge ren, xian zai quan hui le! (为了这个车，杀了四个人，现在全毁了！）：) "I killed four people for this car, now it's totaled!" He says this even if there are no cars around or if the player has not hijacked one. Which make this a misnomer.
- ni neng tao guo wo de zi dan ma? (你能逃过我的子弹吗）：) "You think you can out run my bullets?" He says this even when he is using his fists, which makes the phrase a misnomer.
- ni jiang xue liu man di (你将血流满地）：) "Your blood will soon spill the floor (or ground)" or "I will soon spill your blood all over the ground."
- zhe xie gui lao zai zhe li! (这些鬼佬在这里！）) "These mofos are here!" He will do this to point out targets
- wo yao sha si ni quan jia! (我要杀死你全家！）) "I'm gonna kill your entire family!" He says this also when he almost gets run over by a car or angry.
- ni de zhe ge wo bu neng rong ren! （你的这个我不能容忍）) "I will not stand for this stuff you did!" or "Your behavior is intolerable!"
- ni tao bu liao la! (你逃不了啦！）) "You won't be able to escape!"
(When the player is doing well)
- hai man bu cuo ma! (还蛮不错吗！）：) "Not bad at all" or so, "That was not bad at all." This happens especially when the player is driving a car and run or shoot some people over.
(After almost got run over by a vehicle)
- ni gai si de mei guo si ji! (你该死的美国司机！）：) "You goddamn stupid American driver!"
- Julius was weak, leave him to rot
- — Mr Wong
Saints Row 2Edit
- Pierce: "What did Shogo do?"
Translator: "When he was younger he killed Mr. Wong's dog."
Johnny Gat: "You're fuckin' kiddin' me."
Mr. Wong: "I do not joke about Sadie."
- — "Old Friends, Older Enemies" cutscene
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Activity: Hitman, "Lost In Translation" cutscene
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mission: Good D, "Old Friends, Older Enemies" cutscene
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Mission: Good D
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Mission: One Man's Junk...
- ↑ Quote:
- How was I supposed to know she was Wong's daughter?
- — Black Male civilian in Saints Row
- How was I supposed to know she was Wong's daughter?