|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
|Marked because: Each fact in this article requires references to specific missions/cutscenes|
|Appears in||Saints Row 2 |
Saints Row: The Third
|Family||Richard Hughes (husband)|
|Occupation(s)||Mayor of Stilwater|
|Voiced by||Tasia Valenza|
Monica Hughes is the widow of Richard Hughes.
Saints Row 2Edit
After Richard's death at Julius Little's hands, she became the mayor of Stilwater. She supported her husband in all his plans, but her unhappiness started when Richard started working with Ultor. From there Ultor slowly faded away Richard's legacy by taking credit for the radical redevelopment plans he created. First, Richard's plan was called the Hughes Initiative, then the Ultor-Hughes Initiative, then just the Ultor Initiative. Because of this, she grew to hate Ultor.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
After the events of Saints Row 2, Hughes, now a U.S. Senator, traveled to back to Stilwater to begin construction on Hughes Memorial Bridge.[reference?] After this bridge is destroyed by the Luchadores in an attempt to ambush the Saints leadership , she travels to Washington D.C. to present the "STAG Initiative", a group of trained soldiers and mercenaries that would be used to subdue the gang violence in Steelport.[reference?] After STAG is approved, she is on constant watch, making sure they do what they're supposed to, while trying to stay good in the public eye.[reference?] At the end of the game the player has two choices and the choice will affect Hughes' behavior.[reference?]
- Kill Killbane
If the player decides to kill Killbane, she will become angry, believing that the Saints were responsible for destroying the monument.[reference?] After a meeting with STAG Commander, Cyrus Temple, she reluctantly gives him permission to bring in the Daedalus. The player eventually kills Cyrus, destroys the Daedalus, and sends a message to Hughes, declaring Steelport a city-state and claiming it for their own. [reference?]
- Save Shaundi and Viola
If the player saves Shaundi and Viola DeWynter, she congratulates the Saints, mainly to stay within favor of the public eye.[reference?] Cyrus disapproves this, but she orders STAG out of town for threatening to destroy a monument. [reference?]
Genkibowl VII Edit
- "Senator Monica Hughes set to announce presidential bid."
- — News ticker
- When using a generic girl as a human shield, she can be heard saying "do you know who my mother is?! Monica Hughes! She is the mayor of Stilwater!"
- Cheerleaders practicing around Stilwater University can be heard saying "it's okay, we won't lose, we'll just cheat like Mayor Hughes!"
- In Saint's Row: The Third CG trailer, it is revealed on the TV in the background that Monica Hughes is now a Senator.[reference?]
- In Saints Row: The Third, she is a behind-the-scenes antagonist, being the person who ordered the creation of S.T.A.G, causing much more trouble for the Saints.[reference?]
- She appears younger in Saints Row: The Third than she does in Saints Row 2.
- Monica Hughes is voiced by Tasia Valenza