|Notes||Flags: no hide on sprint, manually detonates|
|Appears in||Funtime! Pack DLC|
- "Singing, exploding, cuddly, mind-controlling octopi.[sic] Yeah. Mind-control. We're serious."
- — Weapon description 
The octopi - which become attached to a target's head upon contact - seem to have mind-controlling effects that, when fired at a human, will make them friendly, and if armed, even assist the player in combat. The octopi can also be detonated by pressing the Grenade button. The weapon can be used on all gangs (except for homies and Brutes.) civilians (though some are unarmed), and cops. If fired at a co-op player, the message "unethical!" will pop up and the weapon will not work.
This weapon was originally only available to pre-order customers as part of Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack, . The same pack was renamed Funtime! Pack and released as a stand-alone DLC in Feb 2012.
- Pre-release, this weapon has also been referred to as Professor Genki's Octopuss[sic] Cannon, and Professor Genki's All-Purpose Mollusc Launcher.
- During the Itagaki trailer, when hit by the octopus projectile, the target breaks into the dance shown by The Protagonist in The Syndication trailer.[reference?]
- If used against a Brute, Professor Genki or any homies the octopi will not take control of their body; instead, a floating red 'Unethical' is shown. If it hits a valid enemy, a floating green 'Ethical' is shown.
- The Mollusk Launcher can also mind control zombies making it a useful weapon to use during the Zombie Attack mission and the zombie survival mission. Also when hit by an octopus, Zombie will not break in to dance like other controllable targets do.
- It is possible to mind control a Homie by dismissing them, then while they linger, quickly hit them with a shot from the Mollusk Launcher.
- The weapon is very useful, since the damage of the mollusk is same as Satchel Charge.
- It appears that the octopi[sic] can talk; they will say words and phrases such as "Please Genki!", "Don't do that to me, noo!" "So, Sorry!" , and "No, no, no, Genki, nooo dont shoot gun!" . When attached to someone they can be heard directing their host, saying "You go this way now" Or "good boy you be good" and other odd things.
- While the octopus is a mollusk, the term "Mollusk" is a general classification and it is more commonly referred to by the more specific class "Cephalopod".
- The plural form "octopi" appears in the in-game text, which is technically incorrect as the word "octopus" originates from Greek, and the plural form would be "octopodes", rather than the latin plural form "octopi",or the english "octopuses".
- On February 14, 2012, the official Saints Row website released a statement revealing that the Moneyshot Pack along with the Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack have been released as stand-alone DLCs for the majority of all platforms that support Saints Row: The Third. This means that the Mollusk Launcher is now available to players who did not pre-order the game.
- The octopi can also control soldiers in the military. They will attach themselves to the riot shielders, which don't dance, and soldiers manning the turrets on the humvees, which will do a short dance on top of the turret and pop back in. However, "Unethical" will appear when trying to control a tank gunner
- There is an green eye on the front.
- ↑ Gameplay
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 See File:ML.png
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack Has Arrived!, retrieved 31st July 2011
- ↑ Saints Row 3 Gameplay Interview: Sex Appeal, Manapault, and More! - YouTube, retrieved 18th August 2011
- ↑ This trivia item exists as a correction to an earlier claim that the octopus was not a mollusk.
- ↑ Funtime and Money Shot DLC Out Now! - Official Saints Row website
|Weapons in Saints Row: The Third|
|Melee||Stun Gun • Baseball Bat • The Penetrator • Woodsman • Nocturne • Apoca-Fist • Saints Pow DLC|
|Pistol||KA-1 Kobra • 45 Shepherd • Laser Pistol DLC|
|SMG||TEK Z-10 • D4TH Blossom • Cyber Blaster • Auto Laser DLC|
|Shotgun||Grave Digger • AS3 Ultimax • S3X Hammer • Shark-O-Matic DLC • Bling Shotgun DLC|
|Rifle||K-8 Krukov • AR-55 • Viper Laser Rifle • Togo-13|
|Explosive||Annihilator • Satchel Charges • M2 Grenade Launcher DLC • Mollusk Launcher DLC • Laser Cannon DLC|
|Special||Reaper Drone • McManus 2015 • RC Possessor • SA-3 Airstrike • Cyber Buster • Sonic Boom|
|Thrown||Flashbangs • Molotovs • Grenades • Electric Grenades • Quarter-Circle Punch DLC|
|Temporary|| Riot Shield • Shock Hammer • GL G20 • Mini-Gun • Incinerator • Swarmitron DLC|
Behemoth • Blow-Up Doll • Shark • Tiki Torch • Cricket Bat • Urinal
|Vehicle||Mounted .50 cal • Minigun/Rockets • Gat Mobile • Laser Beam • Genki Cannon DLC|