|McManus Says Hello|
|Story arc||Los Carnales|
|Cutscene(s)||• "Meet McManus" |
• "Killing the Mood"
|Objective(s)||• Head to the docks and get a good vantage point of the deal. |
• Find a way to get to the adjacent rooftop.
• Wait for the deal to start. Then kill Hector and his lieutenants.
|Reward(s)||• Poseidon Alley neighborhood, Docks & Warehouses District|
|Stronghold unlocked||"Black Bottom Refinery"|
- "We found a memo sayin' that Hector is meetin' with the Colombians tonight. With the amount of firepower that going to be there, just showing up and rushin' 'em would be suicide. Take "McManus" here and get to the docks. Find a nice tall building and wait. When Hector makes his move with the Colombians, take your shot."
- — Dex to The Protagonist, inside Friendly Fire.
Troy and Dex meet The Protagonist at a Friendly Fire. Dex has bought a McManus sniper rifle for The Protagonist, and wants them to use it to kill Hector Lopez, leader of the Carnales, during a meeting with the Colombians. Hopefully, this will disrupt their drug dealings and the Carnales will believe the Colombians killed Hector.
After doing this, the Stilwater Police Department arrive after an anonymous tip and arrest the remaining Carnales in the area. Victor Rodriguez hears what happens, and informs Angelo Lopez of the bad news regarding his older brother.
- "LUZ! Okay, okay, you're right. You deal with the Saints, I'll handle the Colombians. If Manuel is behind this...(Spanish)"
- — Angelo Lopez
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files, and can be read in-game upon completion of the mission. To do this, pause the game at any time during gameplay, go to the 'INFO' tab, and select 'Story'.
A memo found by the Saints revealed that Hector Lopez was planning to meet with the Colombians at the docks. Seeing an opportunity to take the Carnales' leader out of the picture, Dex gave you a sniper rifle and sent you to the docks. From your vantage point there, you assassinated Hector just as he was meeting with the drug lords, and disrupted their dealings.
To begin with, the player must drive to Poseidon Alley in the Docks & Warehouses District. A time limit is given, but it is incredibly forgiving. Once the player arrives at their destination, they will need to climb to the roof of the building overlooking the meeting. The journey upwards is filled with markers to highlight where the player needs to go, but all the same they should be careful, as one wrong step will kill The Protagonist if they fall off from such a height. The journey will take them upwards along some boxes, a container, a fire escape, and some venting.
Once on the roof, the player will need to wait while Hector Lopez arrives with his gang. Once the meeting begins, kill Hector with the McManus. One clear shot anywhere to his body will instantly kill him. The player will also have to kill 11 Carnales gang members afterwards - the majority of which have RPG Launchers. The roof offers a great vantage point to kill the enemies, but while the RPGs aren't particularly threatening, they do create a lot of smoke and debris which is hard to see through, making it hard to kill the enemies. Players should constantly relocate on the roof, and be quick about taking their shots. Strategic explosive barrels can be found near the meeting - shooting them will instantly kill any enemy taking cover behind them.
The mission instantly ends upon killing all 12 gang members (including Hector Lopez). The player is awarded the Poseidon Alley neighborhood on completion of this mission. This was also the fifth Carnales mission, marking one half of Los Carnales story arc completed. The player should be careful on working their way down from the roof (taking the same route they took to go up), as dying outside of a mission causes players to lose 20% of their cash.
- • Cash: None
• Respect: None
• Achievement: None
• Neighborhood: Poseidon Alley
• Mission: Meeting Orejuela
• Stronghold: Black Bottom Refinery
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jack Armstrong: I'm Jack Armstrong. At a news conference today, Stilwater Police Chief Richard Monroe decried the recent gang violence at the waterfront and commented on the assassination of local Hispanic businessman and reputed gang leader, Hector Lopez.
- Chief Monroe: This is just another example of the type of criminal behavior that we are working hard to eliminate. We have seized the ill-gotten goods that these thugs were trying to slip into our city. If that's two or three million dollars worth of poison that won't be going into the arms and lungs of the youth of Stilwater. Now while death is always tragic, Hector Lopez chose to live a life of crime and he paid for that choice dearly.
- Jack Armstrong: Chief Armstrong [sic] noted that the case against the Los Carnales crime gang will proceed based on the evidence now securely stowed in the evidence lockers at police headquarters. We will bring you gavel-to-gavel coverage of the ensuing trial and will follow this story closely as it develops. In the newsroom, I'm Jack Armstrong.
"Meet McManus" cutscene Edit
Dex: "I'll take it."
Friendly Fire saleswoman: "Lovely. Would you like it gift wrapped?"
Dex: "No, that's okay."
Friendly Fire saleswoman: "Great, let me run this."
Dex: "Tight job on that lab, dawg. We found a memo sayin' that Hector is meetin' with the Colombians tonight. With the amount of firepower that going to be there, just showing up and rushin' 'em would be suicide. Take "McManus" here and get to the docks. Find a nice tall building and wait. When Hector makes his move with the Colombians, take your shot."
Troy: "When it all goes down, the first place the Carnales is gonna look is right at the Colombians. They're gonna think they got fucked bad. Aight. You should have no problem sneaking out in the confusion."
Dex: "Just the same, I'd get the fuck out of there. Who knows what could happen."
"Killing the Mood" cutscene Edit
Policewoman: "No kiddin', with the amount of shit we confiscated we could've put Lopez away for the rest of his life."
Policeman: "It don't matter, he got taken care of anyway."
Policewoman: "Whaddya mean?"
Policeman: "Monroe's just happy Lopez is dead, as far as he's concerned this case is closed... hell if he found the guy who did this he'd probably send him a fruit basket."
Luz Avalos: "Mmmmmmm..."
Angelo Lopez: "Hello. Hey-hey Victor, I'm in the middle of something -- What? WHAT!"
Angelo Lopez: "Victor, listen to me very carefully. I don't give a fuck about the drugs, I don't give a fuck about Orejuela--"
Luz Avalos: "What about Manuel?"
Angelo Lopez: "(Spanish)"
Angelo Lopez: "Who did this to my brother?"
Luz Avalos: "What about Hector?"
Angelo Lopez: "Luz, por favor! Okay, okay, you're right. You deal with the Saints, I'll handle the Colombians. If Manuel is behind this... (Spanish)"
- The title of the mission is a clear reference to the sniper rifle featured in the mission: the McManus.
- The player gets to keep the McManus upon completion of the mission, along with however many rounds are left.
- Hector Lopez does not have to be killed first. If the player decides to kill the other Carnales first, Hector will simply stand idly behind a car.
- If the player works their way down off the roof during the mission, before they've killed Hector, and lets their Notoriety empty, approaching Hector will not make him hostile.
- The mission strings in the game files indicate that originally there was an extra objective which tasked the player to return to the church after killing Hector.
- Luz Avalos is seen in the end of this mission giving Angelo Lopez a blow job.
- ↑ Cutscene: Meet McManus
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Cutscene: Killing the Mood
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC05_DEAL_DONE=You let the deal conclude.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC05_NO_DEAL=You need to wait for the deal to start.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC05_EVADE=Evade the Carnales and return to the church.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_LC05_PURSUERS=Kill your pursuers before entering the church.