|Friendly Fire and viewed in a model viewer.|
The McManus is a sniper rifle in Saints Row.
- This is the "McManus". As you see, it's fully collapsible and comes in a stately black attaché. The 18" cryogenically treated stainless steel bull barrel givels this rifle a guaranteed accuracy of .2 minute of angle at 600 yds with match grade ammunition. With it's[sic] hand reamed chamber and match grade trigger, the "McManus" is designed for the marksman who wants to reach out and touch someone at a moments notice.
The McManus is a semi-automatic sniper rifle that boasts great accuracy and firepower, capable of killing any pedestrian, law enforcer or gang member in one shot, and two shots to kill The Protagonist, making it one of if not the most deadliest weapons in the game, both for and against the player. Being a sniper rifle, it comes with a 2x zoom scope. Despite the tremendous power of the McManus, it is somewhat let down by its 5-round magazine and high recoil which forces the player to wait until the rifle steadies before being fired again. Though not compulsory to use, the McManus is given to the player for use in the mission "McManus Says Hello", and is seen in the hands of several enemies in multiple stronghold missions.
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row is #62262687 (#MacManus).
- The mission in Saints Row called "McManus Says Hello" both features and is named after the sniper rifle.
- The McManus seen in the "Meet McManus" cutscene is a higher resolution model and texture than the usable weapon. This is common for several objects, character and vehicle models which are seen up close in cutscenes.
- The McManus resembles an Accuracy International AWM, but the McManus is a semi-automatic gas operated sniper rifle, while the Arctic Warfare Magnum is a bolt action sniper rifle.
- It is possible that Volition didn't know how to code the bolt action mechanism properly, so they made it Semi-Automatic.
- In the film The Boondock Saints, Murphy MacManus picks up an Accuracy International AWM. In the film The Usual Suspects, Michael McManus uses a completely different sniper rifle which looks nothing like the McManus.
- The McManus appears in Saints Row 2, on the wall inside Friendly Fire, but is not available to use.