Matt has a very strong '80s punk appearance. His hairstyle consists of a blonde mullet, and, similar to his best friend Maero, his body is full of tattoos. His eyebrows, nose, chin and ears all have piercings. He dons a crimson vest; the color of the Brotherhood of Stilwater.
Matt is a member of The Brotherhood of Stilwater. As well as the lead guitarist of the heavy metal band "Feed Dogs", he is also the Brotherhood's personal tattoo artist. He is gang leader Maero's best friend, and is also friends with Donnie. Being more associated with the gang, rather than an actual member, he has minimal involvement in the gang, as they prefer to keep him unaware of their important businesses to keep him out of harm's way.
Saints Row 2Edit
Matt makes his first appearance after The Protagonist with Carlos and Maero escape police ambush and head to The Brotherhood warehouse. Maero introduces The Protagonist and Carlos his gang members, Jessica and Matt, who is playing guitar. After The Protagonist forces Donnie to blow up some Brotherhood trucks and after he's dropped near The Brotherhood warehouse and heads inside, he tells Maero what he has done and Maero, enraged by this, almost kills him, but Matt, saying that "[Maero] should be pissed at that asshole runnin' the Saints, not Donnie" and Jessica, saying that except Donnie, no one is going to fix her car, both beg to leave him alive. Maero decides to do so. The Protagonist raids the Nuclear Power Plant and, after getting toxic waste, heads back to the city with help of Carlos. They get toxic waste to Rusty's Needle. After a while, Matt inks new tattoo on Maero's face and toxic waste burns his face.
The Protagonist, who wanted to learn more about the Brotherhood's mysterious shipment, goes to the Feed Dogs' concert. The Protagonist beats Matt on stage, and threatens to kill Matt if he didn't tell The Protagonist anything about the shipment. Matt quickly reveals that the shipment would come from the sea but claims he wasn't told anything else. The Protagonist burns his hand with pyrotechnic fire, forcing Matt to retire from the band. The Stilwater Gazette reports that this was the best Feed Dogs concert ever and that "Lead singer, Matt, goes out like a bitch".
When the 3rd Street Saints attack The Brotherhood's headquarters, Matt waits with Donnie in the main room. When The Protagonist and Maero crash through the ceiling, Donnie quickly escapes, but Matt tackles The Protagonist and shouts at Maero to run. The Protagonist quickly grabs a stray brick that used to be part of the ceiling, and fatally smashes Matt's head with it. In the ensuing commotion, Maero manages to escape the factory thanks to Matt's efforts.
- Matt speaks on a radio advertisement for Rusty's Needle, claiming that although he is a tattoo artist, he got a tattoo of a spine (on his spine) from Rusty's Needle.
- Matt calls The Krunch 106.66 complaining that the program is too harsh on his band; he also calls posing as a random listener asking Corndog to play some Feed Dogs songs.
- Unlike other second-in-commands Jyunichi and Mr. Sunshine, Matt isn't encountered in a boss fight, due to the fact that there are 2 boss fights with Maero.
- Matt and the Feed Dogs are mentioned in Saints Row IV by Veteran Child during conversations between Shaundi, CID and Maero when called as a homie.
- Matt and Donnie are both close friends with Maero, and are both bullied/targeted by The Protagonist due to their friendship, though Matt gets killed while Donnie survives.
- Despite Matt's injured right hand, he would still have been able to play guitar, however he would need to use a pick rather than using his fingers. His left hand was also unharmed thus still allowing him to use the fretboard.
- Unlike the rest of the Brotherhood, Matt has no tribal tattoos.
- Hey, It's Matt from the Feed Dogs! Now, any fan of mine knows that I tattoed my half naked, one-legged, two-headed, three-eyed, three titted pirate woman myself. But how about that tattoo of a spine, on a spine? Huh, for that baby I had to go to Rusty's Needle, the only tattoo parlor I trust my skin to, and today's your lucky day! Because Rusty's Needle's having a sale on all it's flash. So after you see us live, swing by Rusty's and get your own Feed Dogs tattoo! -After announcer- Hey This is Matt from the Feed Dogs, and I wanna remind everybody to pick up our new album, "To The Salvage and Back", check it out!
- — Matt in a Rusty's Needle Radio Ad