- "Launch a plethora of grenades for maximum explosions."
- — Weapon description
The M2 Grenade Launcher is a weapon featured in the Explosive Combat Pack DLC. It is somewhat similar to the GL G20, only with a lower rate of fire and the fact that it can be placed in the player's inventory or weapons cache.
Unlike the GL G20, this weapon has fine-aim accuracy, enabling the grenades it shoots to be fired at long distances both accurately and effectively. Furthermore, like Satchel Charges and the Mollusk Launcher, the M2 Grenade Launcher has a manual detonation feature triggered with the use of the "RB Button", permitting the player to decide for themselves when they want the grenades to go off, whether it be in mid-air flight or coming within inches of a passing helicopter. However, even if manual detonation is not utilized, the grenades will still explode after a few seconds.
The M2 Grenade Launcher is the first "DLC" weapon that can be upgraded at Friendly Fire. When fully upgraded, the weapon gains an increased ammo capacity, and the grenades it shoots become "sticky grenades", which will stick to anything they make contact with, even people.
- It's a portable grenade launcher, what's not to love?
- Upgradable, when upgraded, the weapon gains greater ammo capacity and the ability to shoot "sticky" grenades.
- A single grenade can destroy or deal a significant amount of damage to almost any vehicle, and will usually kill everyone within said vehicle.
- Has a manual detonation feature, grenades can be detonated almost immediately with the press of a button.
- "Sticky grenades" will stick to any surface they make contact with.
- Requires DLC purchase.
- Unless upgraded, the magazine size of this weapon is relatively small.
- Even upgraded, the total ammo capacity of this weapon is still limited, meaning more trips to Friendly Fire unless the player has "Infinite Explosive Ammo".
- Splash Damage can harm both the player and anyone within the damage radius.
- Low rate of fire, so there is a little delay between each consecutive shot.
- Unlike bullets and rockets, grenades travel in an arc. This may require more concentration and precise aiming when trying to hit a target from long range.
- This weapon is based upon the Milkor MGL.
- When you go into Fine Aim it has a laser sight.
- Fully upgraded, it becomes a useful weapon, with "sticky grenades", a 12 round magazine, and a damage increase great enough to destroy a Crusader in 2-3 shots.
- Although smaller it can actually do more damage than the GL G20.
- The "War Machine" from Call of Duty: Black Ops II is very similar to this weapon.