|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
|Marked because: needs description of cutscene|
The player can borrow money from loan sharks at "First Born Loans". The amount the player can loan depends on their progress in the game; the minimum is $5,000 and the maximum amount is $50,000. To pay back the loan, the player must go to the Loan Office and enter the Trigger Field. The loan can only be paid back in full, but no interest is required.
When the player first borrows money, they have between 3 and 12 days to pay off the loan, depending on game progress. The first warning will appear on-screen when there is one week left. Every day for the final 5 days, there will be a phone call from Mike, asking "Where's our money?". At one day left, the message will change to "I think you better pay up". The same message will repeat the next day, along with the on-screen text "You have defaulted on your loan".
Two loan sharks, Mike and Dan, will come after the player immediately, and will appear on the HUD as an enemy. While Mike and Dan are present, the Cash displayed on the HUD will flash red and white. While it is possible to kill Mike and Dan every time they appear, they will continue coming back to hound the player until they pay up, with increasingly strong vehicles and weapons.
- La Fuerza
- Bulldog - Unique variant with logo
- Peterliner - Unique variant with logo
- Police Chopper - with logo
"Family Ties" cutsceneEdit
Vinnie: "Sorry 'bout that, my brother's a musician. So, are you looking for a loan?"
— Vinnie, during the "Family Ties" cutscene
Dan: "I'm Dan."
Mike: "And we want to lend you money."
Dan: "Are you a little short this month?"
Mike: "This week?"
Mike: "First Born Loans can loan you money anytime you need it."
Dan: "24 hours a day, 7 days a week."
Mike: "Or how about right now?"
Dan: "Maybe you're looking at a new car?"
Mike: "Some new clothes?"
Dan: "How 'bout a sandwich?"
Mike: "Any amount at all, First Born Loans is here for you."
Dan: "We only ask one thing in return."
Mike: "...You pay us back on time."
Dan: "No... really."
Mike: "We're serious."
Dan: "You pay us back... on time."
Announcer: "First Born Loans: seriously, pay them back on time."
— Radio commerical for First Born Loans
Mike and DanEdit
|Mike: "Pay us back on time..."|
|Mike: "There ya go...just don't be late paying it back..."|
Mike: "Don't be late..."
Dan: "The juice starts now..."
Dan: "Don't be late paying this back..."
Dan: "I'm sure you're good for it..."
|Mike: "Thanks for making this simple..."|
|Mike: "Stop by anytime you need a loan..."|
Mike: "I get my money back, you get to keep your knee caps, everybody wins..."
Dan: "Always a pleasure..."
Dan: "It's always nice to deal with reasonable people..."
Dan: "If you need another loan, just stop on by..."
|Mike: "Where's our money?"|
|Mike: "I think you better pay up..."|
Mike: "Don't be late..."
Mike: "Pay us back on time..."
- Borrowing a total of $200,000 unlocks the Achievement "Jumped the Shark". This can be unlocked very quickly by simply borrowing and returning the money over and over again. The further the player has advanced in the game, the more they can borrow, and thus the quicker they can get the Achievement.
- The Loan Shark is named "First Born Loans". The name "First Born Loans" is a reference to owing them your "First Born" child.
- The Loan Shark in the cutscene is named Vinnie, while Mike and Dan are featured in the radio ad and come after the player.
- In SR2, Vinnie is one of the bosses for the "Crowd Control" activity. In his cutscene, he mentions that Mike and Dan have moved on to be professional poker players, so he moved into porn films such as "Cock of Cthulu" starring D.P. Lovecrack, "Bukkake High School 31" starring Abby Hamherstein, "The Cable Man From Bangalore" starring Anoop "The Indian Hammer" Shekar..." Since "Porn fans are... well, y'know, porn fans", he hires The Protagonist to protect his talent.