Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Saints Row: The Third.|
- Viola DeWynter: "You may continue to operate the Saints/Ultor media group as you see fit, in exchange for 66 percent of your monthly gross revenue."
Kiki DeWynter: "That is before taxes, of course."
- They're the number two in the Syndicate [...] If they weren't around, everything would descend into chaos.
- — Steve Jaros, lead writer of Saints Row: The Third describing Kiki and her sister Viola
Kiki and her sister run finances for The Syndicate, having increased The Syndicate profits tenfold in Steelport.[reference?] Also, it has been stated in several sources such as Xbox Magazine and a brief interview with Sasha Grey, that the twins are Philippe's heiresses to the leadership of the Syndicate and Morningstar.[reference?]
According to Viola's voice actress Sasha Grey, the DeWynters are also Philippe's Personal Assistants, managing his personal life and day-to-day business affairs.[reference?]
Saints Row: The Third Edit
The DeWynter sisters also become acquainted with Zimos, the oldest pimp in Steelport. Not much comes of the friendship (except for a painting which the sisters had made for him, and that he slept with one of them) and all that has been revealed of their encounter is that Zimos ends up in a gimp suit and locked in the basement of one of Morningstar's human trafficking hubs.
Kiki is killed by Killbane after she and her sister express their desire to leave the Syndicate. Killbane had recently taken control of the organization after Phillipe Loren's death at the hands of the Saints. After calling Killbane by his real name "Eddie" for the last time, she begins to walk away. However, he grabs Kiki from behind, picks her up, and breaks her neck without a second thought. He throws her lifeless body to the ground. This causes Viola to join the 3rd Street Saints, wanting revenge on Killbane.
Saints Row: Gat out of HellEdit
Kiki is reunited with Viola in hell. She and Viola were running businesses in hell however some of the power players didn't like their ideas. They are surrounded and attacked by a group of Satan's demons known as "Sinterpol" in Downtown in a parking garage in the neighborhood of DeWynter View until they were rescued by both Johnny and Kinzie during the "Rally the Twins" quest. After being saved, she and Viola make a deal with Dane Vogel and award both Johnny and Kinzie the Arcane Blast element.
Kiki seems to have issue with Kinzie considering Viola her "sister". Though Kinzie offers to "both be her sister", but Kiki declares she won't share her. Viola defends Kinzie saying "She grows on you". If Kinzie rescues the twins after they're kidnapped, Kiki will claim that she's now her sister too, which pleases Kinzie.
After completely taking over Downtown, the Dewynter sisters are cautionously happy, but are concerned they'll be dealing with another storm soon. It then shows the shadowy picture of the "power players" to be William Sharp, Kazuo Akuji & his son Shogo Akuji, Jyunichi & Killbane.
In the Shawarma cutscene after completing City Takeover, Kiki is captured by William Sharp. Dane risks his own life to save her and the happy couple is reunited, married with "iron clad prenups", and force Sharp to be their pool boy.
- Volition, Inc. allowed Game Informer to print an article which stated that Viola and Kiki were assassins. Steve Jaros later stated that they were not assassins and blamed the forums for this rumour.
- Originally, Viola and her sister Kiki were Japanese twins called Natsuko and Yukako, nicknamed Suki and Yuki for short. They led their own all-female gang - "Oiran" - to contrast with the original Morningstar concept of an all-male gang. The two gangs were merged to streamline the story, and the DeWynters were made Caucasian to avoid the stereotype of "badass Asian chicks that are subservient to an older man".
- Steve Jaros, lead writer for Saints Row: The Third, explained he "named Viola and Kiki DeWynter after RPG characters" that he and his friend played.
- The game data files internally reference both Viola and Kiki as "Suko", proving it was changed after the early concept stages.
- Safeword was originally an Oiran Stronghold, while Powder was the Morningstar Stronghold.
- Viola and Kiki share many similarities with Vice Kings lieutenant, Tanya Winters, including a similar surname, hairstyle, and talents in running prostitution given that they both run well-funded and luxurious brothels.
- Despite many pictures and advertisements showing both twins having short, black hair, in-game they have dark brown hair and wear it in very high ponytails. This was first done in the CG-trailer 'Power'.
- Both Viola and Kiki are left-handed, as seen in the artwork.[reference?]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mission: I'm Free - Free Falling
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Gameinformer: Who's Who In Saints Row: The Third - The Morning Star Gang, retrieved 3rd July 2011
- ↑ Saints Row Wiki: Saints Row: The Third credits
- ↑ Credits: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell credits
- ↑ YouTube: Gat out of Hell Halloween 2014 Livestream
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 YouTube: Saints Row: The Third Freefalling Trailer
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Xbox Magazine: Preview: Saints Row: The Third
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row: The Third - Sasha Grey Interview
- ↑ Mission: I'm Free - Free Falling, post-mission cutscene
- ↑ Mission: Painting a Picture
- ↑ Mission: High Times
- ↑ Gameinformer: Who's Who In Saints Row: The Third - Zimos, retrieved 3rd July 2011
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Mission: Trojan Whores, post-mission cutscene
- ↑ Mission: Return to Steelport, post-mission cutscene
- ↑ Mission: The Belgian Problem
- ↑ UK IGN: Saints Row: The Third Review
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Mission: Gang Bang, pre-mission cutscene
- ↑ YouTube: Quick Look: Saints Row: The Third
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Game Informer magazine, April 2011, page 50: "The three of you awaken to the sight of a cigarette-smoking Belgian named Phillipe Loren, flanked by his femme fatale assassins Viola and Kiki"
- ↑ YouTube: Developer Commentary - Saints Row: The Third Power CG Trailer retrieved 23rd July 2011
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Saints Row website: Forum posts by Steve Jaros (Saints Row series writer): #5, #7
- ↑ (Please add label) Power