|Appears in||Saints Row|
Saints Row 2
Saints Row IV
|Also known as||Jules|
|Affiliations||Vice Kings Pre-SR|
3rd Street Saints SR
Ultor Corporation SR2
Infuego SRIV 
|Voiced by||Keith David|
Julius was the founder, and original leader of the 3rd Street Saints.
Julius Little grew up with his friend Benjamin King in Sunnyvale Gardens.They witnessed the neighborhoods' demise when Los Carnales came to Stilwater. Benjamin King started recruiting people to stand up against the Carnales and save Sunnyvale Gardens, creating the Vice Kings. After some time in the Vice Kings, Julius saw that this gang also started to become a threat to Stilwater's peace and dropped his flags.[reference?] He then moved to Saint's Row. After the birth of the Westside Rollerz, Saint's Row became a battleground for the three gangs and the district fell apart. Julius then began recruiting members for another gang, with the main purpose of ridding Stilwater of all other gangs: the 3rd Street Saints. He wound up recruiting the likes of Johnny Gat, Dexter Jackson, Troy Bradshaw, Lin and Aisha.[reference?]
- "Every muthafucka here knows what we need to do. Those bitches be ridin' around, thinkin' they own these streets. I don't care what flags they're flyin'... Rollerz, Carnales, Vice Kings... no one's makin' this nigga scared to walk the Row. We 'bout to lock this shit down... right now."
- — Julius declaring war
At the beginning of Saints Row, he and Troy save The Protagonist from being killed by a member of the Vice Kings and he recruits the boy. The Saints take control of Saint's Row and then go on to destroy the three other gangs in Stilwater. Julius reunites with his old friend Benjamin King in the progress, who is betrayed by the Vice Kings.[reference?]
When Stilwater comes into the Saints' control, Julius names The Protagonist his right hand-man. However, Julius is quickly arrested by Troy, who was an undercover cop, and Police Chief Monroe forces the Saints to kill Marshall Winslow for him, or else he will kill Julius. The Protagonist kills Marshall Winslow, but Monroe orders the Saints to do even more. Eventually, the Saints kill Monroe.
Troy calls Julius, telling him that he does not want to arrest his friends. He asks Julius to convince Johnny Gat and The Protagonist to drop their flags. Julius, knowing that The Protagonist wouldn't stop, plants a bomb on Alderman Hughes' private yacht, with hopes that the bomb will kill The Protagonist, albeit, disbanding the Saints.
Saints Row 2Edit
- Julius Little: "Don't you get it? The Saints didn't solve a goddamn thing. Drugs were still being pushed, innocent people were still getting killed...all we did was turn into Vice Kings that wore purple..."
The Protagonist: "Jesus Christ you sound like a pussy..."
Julius Little: "I sound like someone who's not a sociopath..."
— Julius Little and The Protagonist discuss the events of Saints Row in Saints Row 2 during "Revelation".
In the time between the ending of Saints Row and beginning of Saints Row 2, Julius reforms and drops his flags after being let off the hook by Troy. He becomes a tour guide for the refurbished Saints Row Church, providing his voice for the tannoys, in which he talks about his life in the 3rd Street Saints and his reasons for forming the gang. After years of being in a coma, The Protagonist wakes up and finds some taped conversations at the Stilwater Police Department. These conversations reveal to him that it was Julius who had planted the bomb on the yacht. In addition to that, he also finds Dex's number in Troy's office, who had become the chief of police. He calls Dex, who said that he knew how to take down Julius and he told The Protagonist to meet him at the church.
Infuriated by Julius' betrayal, The Protagonist goes to the church. However, he doesn't find Dex there, but Julius. Julius had been lured there by Dex too, and the two discover that it was a set up right before the Masako throw a smoke bomb into the church. After Julius and The Protagonist successfully defend the church, the two flee to the Thalia Amiptheatre. After defending themselves from the Masako there too, the Masako fall back. Julius, who started to get comfortable being around The Protagonist, thinking it was "just like old times," is abruptly shot by him. The two heatedly argue, with Julius explaining why he attempted to kill The Protagonist, mentioning the fact that the Saints were becoming too violent and that The Protagonist wouldn't stand down if told to drop his flags. He finishes with "You owe me, Playa. If it weren't for me, you would've died on that street corner," referring to the beginning of the first game. The Protagonist retorts, "If it weren't for you I wouldn't have been in a goddamn coma!" Julius calls it even in a somewhat sarcastic manner, but is quickly killed with a shot to the head by The Protagonist, who walks away callously.
Saints Row IVEdit
- "Now a blast from the past - Julius Little!"
- — Super powered Fight Club announcer.
After rescuing Benjamin King from his nightmare simulation Julius is made available as a target for Virus Deletion in Virtual Steelport. When arriving at his location on Yearwood on Carver Island, Julius turns up in an Infuego with Vice Kings members in tow. With the ability of super powers he begins attacking the player. Once he is defeated and killed, Julius is reprogrammed as a homie to help aid the Saints inside the simulation.
Julius also appears as the main boss in the second Super powered Fight Club activity and is described as being a blast from the past.
- Julius' voice actor, Keith David, has portrayed many video game characters, including the Arbiter in the Halo series, Sgt. Foley in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Captain David Anderson in the Mass Effect series, and Barricade in Transformers: The Game.
- Julius can be considered a foil to Benjamin King as both used to be leaders of their own gangs until a member of their gangs replaced them as the new leader with Warren Williams and later Tanya Winters becoming the new leader of the Vice Kings and The Protagonist becoming the new leader of the 3rd Street Saints.
- Julius Little originally wanted the 3rd Street Saints' color to be green.
- During the "Battlefield Promotion" cutscene, Benjamin King is seen looking at an old photograph of Julius and himself.
- Julius is holding a cigarette in the photo.
- This photo of Julius and King is based on a 1974 photograph of two black men in a Chicago ghetto.
- The picture looks to be taken at the Saints Row church before it was trashed with graffiti and scum.
- Both are wearing their respective gang colours, although their taste in clothing may merely have served as an inspiration during the later formation of their respective gangs.
- The Saints Row 2 version of Julius is very different than the original from Saints Row. He looks much older and seems to have seen better days. His eyes are also purple, signifying that Julius may have been using drugs to assuage his guilt.
- In Saints Row, Julius hints during a Stronghold mission that he is a fan of hockey.
- In Saints Row 2, if the player insults an elderly female NPC, they may say "That Julius boy gave you what you deserved".
- "When the Vice Kings stopped being about protecting Sunnyvale, I knew it was time to get outta the game. I was hopin' that Benjamin could keep the city locked down, but years passed and it ended up being the same old shit, only this time the victims were the people in Saints Row[sic]. I thought the Vice Kings' was a cautionary tale that I'd learn somethin' from, that if I built a new street gang I could control it, not make the same mistakes King did. I was so fuckin' naive."
- — Julius Audio Log 1
- "I knew early on what it was I let loose on Stilwater. The playa was reckless and uncaring. Left a wake of bodies pointing right back at us. Think more of the city was destroyed than saved in the end. Sure the Saints were taking over, but at what cost? I couldn't risk letting a sociopath run things, so I did what I had to do. Never thought the bastard would survive the explosion."
- — Julius Audio Log 2
- "I don't regret much. You make your choices, you live with 'em. But if I could take anything back, it would be the way things ended up with Angela. It was all fun and games for her. She wanted to be just like Benjamin. I shouldn'ta let her get in so deep."
- — Julius Audio Log 3
- Julius and Asha
- Asha: "So, you're yet another name on the list of people who tried to kill the President, ay?"
Julius: "Despite everything I've done with my life, apparently that's what I'm known for."
Asha: "Well, you're in impressive company."
Julius: "Including you?"
Asha: "Me? No, God no, of course not... not that I didn't consider it, once or twice."
- Julius and CID
- CID: "Did you used to be the Vice President as well?"
Julius: "Come again?"
CID: "There are are several similarities between you and the current Vice President."
Julius: "Why does everyone keep saying that?"
- Julius and Cyrus
- Cyrus: "You know, you would've made my job a lot easier if you hadn't failed to finish off the Boss on that boat."
Julius: "You would've made your own job easier by not going after the Saints at all. Guess we both fucked up."
- Julius and Keith
- Julius: "So, Keith David, I'm a fan."
Keith David: "Thank you, that's very kind."
Julius: "You know, some folks say I remind them of you."
Keith David: "Yeah, I get the same with you."
Julius: "I don't see it though."
Keith David: "Me neither."
- Julius and King
- Julius: "So, Benjamin, fighting side by side again, takes me back to Sunnyvale."
Ben King: "Yeah, we were a pair, you and me."
Julius: "Then you founded the Vice Kings."
Ben King: "Oh, woah, woah. Are we really gonna get into this? Julius, the past is past. Neither of us are gang leaders anymore. I moved out of that shit. I went into music and books, all the way to the White House. And you're..."
Julius: "Dead, Benjamin. I'm dead."
Ben King: "Yeah. Man, it is fucked up that we can talk right now."
Julius: "Tell me about it."
- Julius and Maero
- Julius: "Did you really think the Saints were gonna lay down and let you run things in Stilwater?"
Maero: "Yeah, I thought they'd know what was good for them."
Julius: "There was no way you were gonna bully someone too stubborn to die in an explosion. You should have thought of that, Maero,"
Maero: "Just like you should have thought about how you weren't going to walk away once the Saints found out about your part in that?"
Julius: "Looks like we were both too blind for our own good."
- Julius and Matt
- Julius: "So, is it true you once tried to kill the President?"
Matt Miller: "Well, it was before they were President. But, well, yes."
Julius: "That's something we have in common, then."
Matt Miller: "You tried to... really?"
Julius: "Tried to blow 'em up on a boat."
Matt Miller: "Impressive, I tried to trap their mind inside a virtual world that would render them brain dead and leave their body to rot in meat space."
Julius: "So, kinda like Zinyak then?"
Matt Miller: "What? No, nothing like... ha, well I'll be damned."
- Julius and Roddy
- Julius: "Any idea if you're alive in Zinyak's ship somewhere? Or if you died on Earth?"
Roddy Piper: "No, honestly, I haven't thought about it. You?"
Julius: "Me? Oh, I died a long time ago. The President shot me back in Stilwater."
Roddy Piper: "A-ahm. Then, how are you here?"
Julius: "How are you here?"
Roddy Piper: "Needed the money."
- Julius and Shaundi
- Julius: "I can't get over how much different you are from your other you."
Shaundi: "Yeah, well people change."
Julius: "Some folks don't. Your Boss never has, King never did, Gat was always the same psychopath."
Shaundi: "Don't you say another god-damn word about Johnny Gat. You hear me?"
Julius: "Yeah, yeah. Shit, I hear ya."
- Julius and Tanya
- Tanya: "This is awkward, isn't it? Me and you?"
Julius: "Ohh, I don't know. We both had our beef with King."
Tanya: "True, but I tried to kill him."
Julius: "And I tried to kill a future President. We all have our baggage."
Tanya: "Yeah, you're right. I guess you and me have a lot in common after all."
Julius: "Oh, let's not go that far."
- Fun Shaundi and Julius
- Julius: "You ever take anything seriously, girl?"
Fun Shaundi: "Who me? Of course I do."
Julius: "Beside partying."
Fun Shaundi: "I was right in the thick of things with the Saints, thank you very much."
Julius: "What? Playing hacky-sac?"
Fun Shaundi: "Hey, that led to an important lead on the Brotherhood I'll have you know."
- Gat and Julius
- Julius: "Nice to see you again, Gat."
Johnny Gat: "Julius."
Julius: "Shit seemed so much simpler in the old days, didn't it Johnny?"
Johnny Gat: "What? Before you got Lin killed, you let an undercover cop into the crew and then you betrayed your own. Yeah, simpler."
Julius: "I wasn't responsible for what happened to Lin and you know it."
Johnny Gat: "Didn't argue the other two though. That's what I thought."
- Kinzie and Julius
- Kinzie: "Everyone keeps comparing you and Keith David, but I gotta be honest, I don't see any real similarity."
Julius: "Yeah? Me neither."
Kinzie: "I mean Keith David is an elder statesman and a classically trained actor. And you're a former gang leader with a propensity for violence."
Julius: "You realize your boss is a former gang leader with a propensity for violence too, right?"
Kinzie: "Exactly and nobody compares them to Keith David."
- Phillipe and Julius
- Julius: "So what did the Syndicate want with Stilwater anyway?"
Phillipe: "With the increased corporate businesses in the city, it was a natural area to expand into."
Julius: "You mean Ultor."
Phillipe: "Indeed. My organisation had long-standing business deals with them, which made the prospect more appealing."
Julius: "But the Saints ended up owning Ultor."
Phillipe: "The media division, perhaps. But to think Ultor did not have other agendas is somewhat naive, don't you think?"
Julius: "Well shit."
- Pierce and Julius
- Julius: "So you're the playa's right-hand man. How's that working out for you?"
Pierce: "The Saints were on top of the world, I was an international celebrity and I was on the President's staff. Pff, I can't complain."
Julius: "You do know the Earth blew up and now none of that matters. And it's all the playa's fault."
Pierce: "Wha? Sure, things end up a little over the top sometimes but you can't blame what happened to the Earth on the boss."
Julius: "If the Saints weren't so damn destructive and stubborn we wouldn't be in this position to begin with."
Pierce: "If the Saints weren't how we are then the human race wouldn't have anyone trying to save them right now. Sorry man, but you gotta let that shit go."
- ↑ He turns up in one during his Virus Deletion mission
- ↑ Saints Row, The King and I mission.
Benjamin King: So does Julius ever talk about growing up in Sunnyvale? What, you thought he was from the Row? The problem with burying the past is that you forget about it, you know what I'm saying?
- ↑ Saints Row 2, Saints Row Church Audio tour, Part 3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Cutscene: The Streets of Stilwater
- ↑ Cutscene: Battlefield Promotion
- ↑ Mission: Stuffing the Ballot
- ↑ Mission: Hail to the Chief
- ↑ Cutscene: Saints and Martyrs
- ↑ Found by exploration, not during mission or cutscene
- ↑ Cutscene: Face to Face
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Mission: Revelation
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Cutscene: Burying the Hatchet
- ↑ Mission: King Me
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row IV - War for Humanity (U.S. Version)
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third | History (The Early Saints) - Official Saints Row website
- ↑ Wikipedia: File:Chicago_ghetto.jpg
- ↑ Stronghold: Filmore Parking Garage