|Help the Saints Row Wiki by cleaning up this article!|
|Marked because: This article requires references for specific facts|
|Appears in||Saints Row (voice only) |
Saints Row 2
Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed
Saints Row: The Third
|Aliases||Jane Valderama |
|Voiced by||Lauri Hendler|
- "It's been a while. You look good."
- — Jane Valderamma upon meeting the Saints after Killbane's interview
DescriptionEditJane Valderamma is the News Reporter of Stilwater's local channel, Channel 6. She is seen reporting Gat's trial, interviewing Troy Bradshaw after The Protagonist, Johnny, Pierce, rob the Posiden Palace, and then again after Troy Bradshaw was forced by Dane Vogel to free several Brotherhood members from incarcernation. . She has loathing for a lawyer named Zach Johnson, who according to her, stole her footage time. To make people more focused on her during her report, she paid The Protagonist to cause mayhem in various neigborhoods throughout the city
Though looking remarkably different, Jane's new job in Steelport is basically the same as her job in Stilwater, reporting on the aftermath of The Protagonist's mayhem and destruction during missions, although this time far more frequently, reporting her "regular scheduled radio programming" after every mission completed by The Protagonist (activity missions are not reported by her).
- Main article: Newscasts
In Saints Row (along with Jack Armstrong), Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third, Valderamma can be heard over the radio after completing certain missions, often summarizing the events of them. In the latter game, her newscasts tend to be around 45 seconds long and play immediately after getting into a vehicle following completion of a mission. Certain newscasts are followed by adverts for episodes of Nyte Blayde. Unlike Saints Row 2, Valderamma's newscasts can be heard over the Mixtape, although changing the radio station back and forth will stop it.
She is prominent in the Saints Row 2 DLC Ultor Exposed in which The Protagonist contacts her in doing an interview with Tera Patrick. Both The Protagonist and Tera go through a lot to get the chemicals and bodies as proof to Ultor's wrongdoings. But when time to do the interview, Jane twist Tera's words to make it look like she was the one responsible, humiliating Tera on TV. Once the cameras stop rolling, Jane gives a subtle hint that she was paid off and states her reasons that Ultor would've buried the story regardless and that Tera can try her little revenge without them. A furious Tera vows she will.
In Saints Row 2 her name is referred to as "Valderama" on the Homie unlock screen and "Valderamma" in the subtitles and string files of the game. In Saints Row: The Third she's again referred to as "Valderamma" in the Oliver Assassinations request and "Valderrama" in the mission "STAG Film", with no mention of "Valderama".
- Jane becomes an unlockable homie in Saints Row 2 after the player performs 50 muggings.
- She uses a Tombstone shotgun and drives an Anchor news van when called as a Homie.
- She may arrive in an Anchor with any logo, even though she works for Channel 6.
- When recruited as a Homie she will often comment on the actions of the player as if she was doing a newscast, and sometimes says "I've never been an embedded journalist before" when calling her on the Cellphone.
- Valderamma is a Hispanic surname, but Jane speaks with a Mid Atlantic accent, in this case meaning a cross between a East Coast American accent and an Upper Middle Class South East English accent rather than an accent from the Mid Atlantic region of the United States.
- Valderamma's voice is similar to comedian Alex Borstein's character Tricia Takanawa on Seth McFarlene's Family Guy, which in turn is a reprisal of her character Sue Napersville from MadTV's recurring News at Six sketch.
- She is heard along with Jack Armstrong reporting on the explosion of Alderman Hughes' yacht during the credits of Saints Row.
- Jane Valderamma made her debut appearance in Saints Row: The Third after IGN released a preview showcasing the F-69 VTOL, in which Valderamma could be heard giving a news report on the radio.
- She is heard on the the radio in Saints Row: The Third. The first time she is heard in Saints Row: The Third is when The Protagonist arrives in Steelport, reporting on the crates and vehicles that had fallen out of Loren's jet.
- She is the only person to pronounce the name of Angel De La Muerte the Spanish way. Everyone else, including Angel himself, pronounces it the Anglophone way.
- She is the only non-3rd Street Saints member to make an appearance in each game so far (although she wasn't actually seen in the first game, but her voice can be heard on the radio).
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third credits
- ↑ Voice only
- ↑ Live! With Killbane
- ↑ Gang Bang
- ↑ "Appointed Defender" mission
- ↑ "Jail Bait" mission
- ↑ Red Light District Mayhem activity briefing in Saints Row 2
- ↑ Image of Jane "Valderama" being unlocked as a Homie in Saints Row 2
- ↑ Newscasts in Saints Row 2
- ↑ Image of Jane's surname spelled as "Valderamma" in Saints Row: The Third
- ↑ Image of Jane's surname spelled as "Valderrama" in "STAG Film" in Saints Row: The Third
- ↑ Saints Row #49 Epilogue #3 Salting The Earth - YouTube, retrieved 15th August 2011
- ↑ Saints Row The Third Saints Row: The Third - Fighter Jet Gameplay - YouTube
- ↑ "We're Going to Need Guns" mission