|Imperial Square Pagodas|
? marked, ? minimum kills
Pierce phones The Protagonist and briefs them on Chinatown, the district that "loves to pay out". While they aren't exactly tacticians, Pierce commends The Brotherhood for extorting Chinatown, and recommends The Protagonist go there, remove The Brotherhood, and set up some protection rackets for the 3rd Street Saints.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the Stronghold by selecting the Stronghold at a Newspaper Clipboard.
- Destroy the items in front of the stores to get the shop owners to come out.
- Cause mayhem within the store radius
Go to each of the marked locations to scare the owners. Each location is a business with some outside property; scare the business owners by destroying or damaging the tables, chairs, fences, etc. within the circle of influence of the business. Most weapons can be used to accomplish this, but explosives such as Grenades and RPG Launchers are the most effective.
When destroying property, The Brotherhood Notoriety increases and gang members periodically show up to harass The Protagonist.
- Shake down the shop owner, but don't kill them!
Once the meter is close to full for each location, the business owner comes outside. Use melee attacks to beat the owners and shake them up, but take care to keep them alive; if they die, the Stronghold is failed.
- You scared the shop owner, move on to the next store
These objectives repeat until a total of 4 store owners are scared.
- Get to the Pagoda Hotel
Once all four business locations have been shaken-up, drive to the hotel, fight their way past The Brotherhood gang members to get to the hotel manager, and damage him until he relents.
- Beat up the hotel owner
The game says not to kill him, but he can be killed without penalty - and as he is armed, this is the easier option. Regardless of whether he is injured or kill him, the Stronghold completes successfully.
- Carlos was to have introduced this stronghold.
- The Brother ain't exactly tacticians but they got at least one thing right. Getting paid to do nothin' is love. If we wanna be major players we gotta get some protection rackets goin', and we might as well start with a neighborhood that loves to pay out: Chinatown
- — Pierce, introducing the "Imperial Square Pagodas" Stronghold.
- The Brotherhood has got the people in Chinatown scared shitless, practically all the stores pay protection money to Maero. You gotta show those people that they're payin' the wrong gang. Toss some stores in Chinatown, those shop keepers can't be too hard to break.
- — Carlos, unused stronghold introduction
- Store owner: "I'm calling the police!"
Store owner: "Do you know who I pay to protect my store!"
- — Store owner running
- Store owner: "You think you can get away with this?"
Store owner: "The police will arrest your dead body!"
- — Store owner attacking
- The Protagonist: "You work for the Saints now..."
The Protagonist: "You pay the Saints, understand..."
The Protagonist: "You keep payin' us and there won't be anymore problems..."
The Protagonist: "You got a lovely store..."
The Protagonist: "You should clean up, this place is a mess..."
- — After scaring each owner
- The guy running the Brotherhood protection rackets owns the Pagoda Hotel...shake him down and everyone else will fold.
- — Shaundi, informing The Protagonist about the Pagoda Hotel.