This Diversion can be started at multiple locations around Stilwater. As with all Diversions, there is no map marker, and there is no reward for completing the diversion multiple times. Unlike other Diversions, Ho-ing does not have to be restarted from the beginning after failing.
The idea behind Ho-ing is that Controls are used to perform different moves, which increase the pleasure level. Incorrect stick movements decrease the pleasure level. The faster and more accurately the combinations are performed, the more pleasure points are gained.
There are two elements to performing a move, the first is using the look control to find "the hot spot", there is no visual guide to exactly where the hot spot is each time, and is only found through trial and error. When the hot spot is located, there is a visual confirmation, and the controller vibrates, if used. Once the hot spot is located, the movement controls are used to match on-screen prompts.
Each level has a silent countdown to perform on each move, and a maximum number of combos before failure.
There are 11 Ho-ing locations around Stilwater.
- suburbs1 - Misty Lane - Inside Technically Legal
- $burbs_2 - Misty Lane - Inside Technically Legal
- $burbs_gas - Suburbs - Gas Station
- $trailer1 - Elysian Fields Trailer Park - Outside a trailer
- $marina1 - Hotels & Marina - Gas Station
- $marina2 - Hotels & Marina - Captain Carbuncles rest room
- $apart1 - Apartments, Back door of Gas Station
- $RL1 - Red Light - Outside "Tuna Town Theatre"
- $RL2 - Red Light - Outside "Cupid's Arrow Hotel"
- $RL3 - Red Light - Back door of Gas Station
- $university - University
|Level||Respect||Max Combos||Required Points||Response Time|
The names of the moves are randomly generated from two sets of 39 words, any first word can be paired with any second word. Since there are only 36 unique words in each set, there are 1296 possible moves, with a slightly higher chance of getting the combinations including the words "Angry", "Dirty", "Golden", "Dragon", "Sanchez" and "Shower".
Random combination: Bloody Johnson
|First word||Second word|
- The term "Dillow" in the second column refers to Bryan Dillow, a member of the Design Team.
- The sex of the client is the opposite of the last sex preset used and is unaffected by voice setting or body type.
- Because Statistics are associated with the logged-in profile and not the game save, it is not possible to obtain the Pimp Outfit after starting a new game under the same profile.
- On PC, the moves are still represented by analog sticks.