Saints Row 2 Edit
In Saints Row 2, the data files for this activity have been found in the files of the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game. The data files for this activity were incomplete, so the details of this activity are uncertain, but it seems that this activity involved protecting people, in an escort type mission, rather than killing them.
The locations for Guardian Angel would have been the High End Retail District and Chinatown District. In Chinatown, the player would be protecting ambassadors, and in the High End Retail District, the player would have been protecting bank robbers.
Saints Row: The Third Edit
In Saints Row: The Third, Guardian Angel tasks the player with protecting either Pierce or Kinzie Kensington from a helicopter with an Annihilator and a McManus 2015. Guardian Angel is notable for being the only Activity in Saints Row: The Third that only has two instances - all other Activities have six instances across two districts.
The activity consists of 2 parts. In one part the player is flown around by helicopter and has to use an annihilator to keep the gangs from taking out the Saint driving around in their car to get to a specific place. The other part is where the Saint the player's helping is not in a car. The player ties himself to a helicopter and goes a little down the side of building to get a good view to snipe. The enemy gang comes riding and running to stop the Saint while the player has to take them out with a sniper rifle.
When played as part of the storyline, there is an opening cutscene.
Protagonist: "What's up?"
Pierce: "Since this used to be a Syndicate crib, thought I'd poke around and see what they left behind."
Protagonist: "So what am I looking at?"
Pierce: "Safety deposit keys. Now, don't you wanna know what it is they got all locked up...?"
Protagonist: "The Syndicate will know we have the keys -- they'll be waiting for us to make a move."
Pierce: "I guess you better watch my back."
Protagonist: "Let's go."
— Guardian Angel storyline cutscene
- Two other activities, Hijacking and Piracy, were also cut from Saints Row 2 before release.
- This activity is very similar to Heli Assault, in which The Protagonist controls a Tornado if doing it for Pierce or a Vulture if doing it for Kinzie , and must protect a Homie driving a car.
- In Saints Row: The Third, a GameInformer preview misidentified this Activity with Escort.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Over-The-Top Activities Of Saints Row: The Third, retrieved 25th July 2011
- ↑ As mentioned in the Achievements and Trophies in Saints Row: The Third list.