- Start the mission "Waste Not Want Not"
- Go to Friendly Fire and obtain the Geiger Counter
- Open the store menu
- Switch to the Weapons Cache
- Equip a different melee weapon
- Either exit the mission, or re-equip the Geiger Counter and complete the mission.
Alternatively, if an enemy drops a melee weapon, picking it up stores the Geiger Counter in the Weapons Cache.
The Geiger Counter can be kept in Mission Replay using the "Replay in a Replay" glitch to exit the replay after obtaining the weapon.
- This cannot be used as a weapon, pressing Attack does nothing.
- Unlike other melee weapons, the Geiger Counter is available when using a human shield, but the execute animation is the neck-snap used when unarmed.
- After obtaining the Geiger Counter, the game may glitch when changing melee weapons, and freeze.
- When the Geiger Counter is equipped outside of the mission, it is invisible because the model is only loaded by the game during the mission. For the same reason, the "run" animation glitches and The Protagonist glides across the ground.
- In real life, a Geiger counter is not sold in gun stores.