Every crib in the series features a Garage icon, usually directly outside the building, although it is sometimes underground or inside part the crib building. Vehicles can be stored, retrieved and deleted via the Garage.
Car Mechanics can also be used to store and retrieve vehicles.
Large vehicles cannot be stored in the garage, or modified at Rim Jobs.
Saints Row 2Edit
In Saints Row 2, there are 4 garages for different vehicle types.
|Land||Most Cribs, Car Mechanics|
|Dock||Saints Row Mega Condo, Suburbs Dock, University Dock|
|Helipad||Saints Hideout, Saints Row Mega Condo, Hotel Penthouse, Penthouse Loft|
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
Garage icons in Saints Row: The Third are located inside a physical garage attached to each crib, although standing inside the garage interior is not regarded as a crib interior for the purpose of removing Notoriety.
Unlike previous games, it is not possible to delete unlocked vehicles from the Garage. Many unlockable and other vehicles cannot normally be customized, but there is a vehicle customization glitch which allows this.
|Land||Cribs, Car Mechanics|
|Dock||Rondini's Boat Dock|
|Helipad||Saints HQ, 3 Count Casino, Burns Hill Reactors, Safeword|
Saints Row IVEdit
Rim Jobs can be used to retrieve vehicles, and vehicles are still automatically stored after repairing or modifying them.
After The Fundamentals, new vehicles can be added to the Virtual Garage by holding down the Scan button. The Scan icon does not indicate when the Garage is full, and still appears to work even when vehicles are not added to the Garage.
During The Fundamentals, it is possible to add a vehicle to the Garage by repairing it.
Some vehicles are classed as "Large".
- In Saints Row, they can not be stored at all, and cannot be modified.
- In Saints Row 2 they can be stored, but can only be modified at Semi Broken.
- In Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV they can be stored and modified anywhere, but are still classed as Large.
|Saints Row||Saints Row 2||Saints Row: The Third|
|Stilwater Municipal / Steelport Municipal|
|DonoVan / Warrant|
|Longhauler / Mix Master|
In Saints Row and Saints Row 2, the help menu says that "one hundred sixty" vehicles can be stored at once, but in practice it is only possible to add 64 vehicles to the garage in Saints Row, Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV. Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV do not have a help menu.
All garages count towards the single limit, meaning that it is possible to add 64 Hurricanes, if all other garages are empty. Duplicate vehicles are still counted towards the total, meaning that storing 64 Five-Os causes the garage to be full.
Unlocked vehicles are not counted towards this total, so unlockable vehicles are added even if the garage is "full". When an unlockable vehicle is retrieved from a full garage, the "Your garage is full" message is not displayed. DLC vehicles are also not counted towards the limit.
The Gyro Daddy, Destroy and Peewee are classed as Cheats, rather than Unlockables, so are counted towards the 64 total.
The statistics screen in Saints Row 2 says there are 42 unlockable vehicles, listed as 34 separate unlockables in the "Unlockable Rewards" menu. Therefore, it is possible to have 106 vehicles (118 with DLCs) in the Saints Row 2 garage at once. The statistics screen in Saints Row and Saints Row: The Third do not display an unlockable vehicles count.
- In Saints Row and Saints Row 2, if a retrieved vehicle is not immediately entered, a Civilian may steal it.
- When a dirty car is added to the Garage, the dirt is automatically removed.
- In Saints Row 2, it is possible to upgrade the "beater" variant to the "standard" variant by causing minor damage to the vehicle and driving over the pink garage storage rectangle. Undamaged rusty or "beater" cars can be stored without being automatically upgraded.[Screenshot?]
- In Saints Row, switching quickly between vehicles causes both to spawn simultaneously, as well as loose objects being duplicated.
- Vehicles turned in to Chop Shop and Vehicle Theft do not remain in the Garage.