Gang Operation is a diversion in which the player must clear a small area by killing the occupants; these small areas are often occupied by one gang of The Syndicate. Some areas may contain a collectible or a structural item relating to the gang, i.e. Deckers may be found near a radio tower. Sometimes an operation will not appear until The Protagonist gets close enough, but once close enough, the operation should appear. There are 32 Gang Operations in total. Two of them only spawn as part of a story mission and the other 30 can be completed at any time, although they are disabled during certain missions, such as Three Way.
Two different types enemies can be found at the Gang Operations
Generic enemies - are the regular enemies often using Shotguns or Rifles.
Rocket enemies - will be on high points in the area wielding Annihilators, these enemies can be a danger to aerial attacks.
- If the player moves too far away from the gang operation, but they are still visible, the "Target" over the Gang Operation members' head will disappear, when they are killed, they will just keep respawning - as the game is trying to "reset" the gang operation. This will continue until the Gang Operation is out of visual range so the area can fully reset.
- If the players gets too close to a gang operation while not trying to eliminate it, he will get an automatically 1 star notoriety rating.
- The safest and most effective way to eliminate a Gang Operation is to use any of the 4 tanks, or any of the well armed helicopters, or VTOLs.
- The logo of this activity is the same as Fight Club with a pink background.
- On Xbox 360, completing all the Gang Operations will grant a Saints logo shirt.
- Gang Operations are referred to within the game data files as "Flashpoints".