Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Saints Row 2|
They are based on the real-life card games Poker and Blackjack and appear within the game as a single player electronic machine. As it is a single-player electronic game, there is no element of bluffing, or increasing bets against other players.
Gambling $500,000 on Poker and Blackjack unlocks the "I'm not addicted!" Achievement.
After choosing the amount of the bet, 5 cards are dealt. The best cards are automatically selected to keep, but these can be deselected in order to choose different cards to keep. After discarding unwanted cards, replacement cards are dealt, the winning combination is displayed, as well as the amount won.
Up to $1,000 can be bet in a single hand. Getting a Royal Flush on a $1,000 bet it is possible to win $25,000 which is the largest amount that can be won in a single bet.
The point of the game to reach 21 without going over the limit, or "Busting", before the opponent does. Pressing "Draw" draws another card. There is a "Double Down" option which doubles the winning, and a "Split" option available when two of the same card is dealt. Obtaining a "Blackjack" is an automatic win.
Poker and Blackjack can be played at Poseidon's Palace, located in the Stilwater Boardwalk neighborhood of the Hotels & Marina District, in Stilwater University, and the Crash Landing bar, located in Huntersfield neighborhood of the Airport District.
- Roulette was originally planned to be included in the game.
- There are also slot machines in the game but they are unavailable to be played. There are slot machines in Poseidon's Palace and Marshall Winslow Recreation Center underground casino.
- When Poker, Blackjack, and slot machines are destroyed they drop coins and cash, though once destroyed the machines can no longer be played. Though the amount of money doing this is small compared to gambling winnings but there is no risk other than Notoriety. One trick is to destroy these machines during "Saint's Seven" mission and "New Hennequet Rec Center" Stronghold and collect the dropped cash.
- Unlike Civilians, The Protagonist cannot use slot machines and casino gambling tables when Idle. Other forms of gambling that NPCs are engaged in throwing dice and gang followers gamble when playing dominos or playing pool.
- If an NPC is playing a Poker or Blackjack machine it is still possible to play the machine they are playing.
- Though gambling is absent from Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV, there are casinos and gambling machines in Steelport. There are slot machines at Angel's Gym, 3 Count Casino, and a Gang Operation near the Rim Jobs in Sunset Park, and like Saints Row 2 gambling machines drop cash when destroyed. There are poker machines in the Broken Shillelagh, but cannot be played or destroyed as they are part of building itself.