The GDHC .50 takes three shots to kill, one more than the somewhat cheaper .44 Shepherd, and is slightly less accurate; however, it has an eight-round magazine, and can be fired repeatedly.
In Saints Row, there is an unlockable Gold Plated GDHC .50, which holds more ammunition in a magazine, kills in one shot, and can be fired faster.
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row is #434250 (#GDHC50).
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row 2 is #932.
- The pistol resembles the Desert Eagle Mark VII with a nickel finish.
- The file name for the gun lists it as "Sahara Falcon", which is a pun of "Desert Eagle".
- The sound of the GDHC .50 is different in Saints Row 2.
- The abbreviation GDHC may mean "God Damn Hand Cannon", which is a term used to describe an Auto-Ordnance M1911A1 in the film Pulp Fiction.
- In Saints Row: Total Control, it has a scope attached to the top.
- In Saints Row: The Third, the 45 Shepherd replaces the GDHC.
- In Saints Row IV, the .45 Fletcher replaces the GDHC.
- Given its eight round magazine capacity in Saints Row and Saints Row 2, it's likely that the GDHC .50 is either actually chambered in .44 Magnum (as a Deagle chambered in .44 Magnum holds eight rounds like the one in-game), or it is chambered in .50 Action Express and it holds seven rounds plus one (eight total) in the chamber.
- The latter case would be more likely since it is more powerful than the .44 Shepherd in both games and the Desert Eagle is of a closed bolt design, allowing for an extra round in the chamber along with the magazine inserted.