Like all Wikia wikis, the Saints Row Wiki is not a free personal hosting site, web storage facility, or image repository.
Like many wikis, this wiki allows users to upload images for use on their userpages, as outlined on Saints Row Wiki:Accounts#User Pages.
The current policy for unused non-article files is immediate deletion, but there is no current policy about what to do with non-article files which are in use on the userpages of inactive users.
For example, File:Chover.jpg was uploaded in 2010 by User:Shawnandrozee, who has not been active since 2010.
I could simply propose the image for deletion, and then delete it after a month, but it really seems like this is something that should be able to be immediately deleted due to inactivity without a further waiting period.
I propose that non-article files used on userpages of inactive users be eligible for immediate deletion after the uploader has been inactive for over 1 year.
Does anyone have any thoughts, or suggestions?
If you disagree with deleting non-article files uploaded by inactive users, please clearly explain why inactive users should be allowed to perpetually use Wikia as a free personal hosting site.
edit: added "used on userpages of inactive users", as this policy would not apply to non-article files used on talk pages which were uploaded as examples of something.
(last edited: 452, 2016-09-15T16:46:48Z)
- Keep the characters, cars, car logos, and other important stuff's images uploaded by inactives. Delete the non-important stuff uploaded by inactives.
- Sonic2007, 2016-06-01T09:28:52Z
- I personally agree with this. Users who are inactive for over a year are unlikely to come back or at the very least forget about non-article files they uploaded.
- Danthepest, 2016-06-01T10:32:11Z
- ^I agree.
- Ghost Leader, 2016-06-05T05:23:03Z
- As it has been proposed for 2 months with no dissent, this is now policy.
- I'll add a note to the relevant policy pages, and will remove these inactive user images when I see them.
- I've mostly been seeing them while renaming poorly named images, so in future I will be deleting poorly named userpage images instead of deleting them if the users have been inactive for over a year.
- 452, 2016-08-02T00:54:10Z