|For King and Country|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Listen carefully, playa. Benjamin King just called. It seems like one of his boys got a big head and tried to take him out. He's pinned down in the park right now and needs some help. Now, what happens to King may not mean shit to you, but him and me, we got history. I owe King from way back in the day, and he ain't gonna eat it if I can help it. You're gonna go out there and save his ass, understand? [...] I ain't fuckin' around, playa, you bring King back here safe. You feel me?
Continuing on from the events of the previous mission, Warren Williams and Tanya Winters have overthrown Benjamin King. After a failed assassination attempt on King, he escapes with an injured arm and calls his old friend Julius Little for help, who in turn asks The Protagonist sincerely to go and rescue him. Julius states that he and King have history, and Julius owes him from "way back in the day".
The Protagonist arrives at the museum and saves King from the approaching Vice Kings. They flee back to the church, but not before King gets revenge on Warren for his betrayal. Warren's Rattler erupts in flame and the two leave him for dead, but it is Tanya Winters, his now-erstwhile lover, who kills him, leaving her in control of the Vice Kings gang.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by pausing the game, and selecting 'Story' from the 'INFO' tab.
- Head to the museum and rescue Benjamin King.
Benjamin King's health meter slowly depletes, so grab a car as soon as possible and drive to his location. He has a lot of health, but nevertheless there's no time to lose. The vehicle used doesn't matter, as the second half of the mission is centered around driving King's Mag.
- Get to King's car
After reaching King, he is pinned down in the courtyard with a large amount of Vice Kings after him. They all have their attention focused on him, so it's very easy to kill them. Alternatively, simply sprint to King's location, where he becomes a Homie and the danger of him dying is significantly reduced, since he can then be revived.
King's vehicle is on the other side of the courtyard. On the way there, several Vice Kings must be taken care of, but they shouldn't pose much of a problem. Be sure to not get too far ahead of King.
- Kill the Vice Kings.
Once in the vehicle, Ben asks The Protagonist to kill a few approaching enemies in cars - simply stay in the vehicle's original location and the Vice Kings approach on foot. Only the drivers need to be killed.
- Kill Warren.
Finally, King wants revenge on Warren Williams. He is driving nearby in his customized Rattler. Go all-out on his vehicle and he won't last long; ramming him works very well, and the combined firepower should set Warren's car alight quickly.
- Return to the church with King.
Now drive King back to the church.
The mission can be failed by getting smoked or busted, abandoning/killing Benjamin King, allowing him to die before reaching him, letting King's car be destroyed, or letting Warren escape.
- Cash: None
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Amberbrook
- Mission: The King and I
- Stronghold: Waterfront Rooftop
- Warren spawns when King is obtained and continues to drive in a circle until the four Vice Kings cars are destroyed; it is possible to see him before entering King's Mag. Warren is invincible at all times, and his Rattler is invincible until the damage bar is full. After his car stops, Warren remains sitting in his car, and is still invincible. At this time, his Rattler is reset to 10,000 hitpoints, with smoke and flames activated, and can be destroyed. Even if it blows up during gameplay, the following cutscene, "Cold Winters", shows the vehicle in the "smoke and flames" state.
- Warren's car also sinks during the chase when falling to a lake. Warren swims and King treats it as if he "died" from his car being damaged and the cutscene shows the vehicle in the "smoke and flames" state rather than sinking in the lake.
"Calling in a Favor" cutsceneEdit
- The Protagonist walks into the church and finds a notepad with a note from Johnny GatNote: "Out with Aisha. Take the day off, get high, get laid, whatever."Julius enters the roomJulius Little: "Where's Gat?"The Protagonist holds up the notepadJulius Little: "Fuck! Listen carefully, playa. Benjamin King just called. It seems like one of his boys got a big head and tried to take him out. He's pinned down in the park right now and needs some help. Now, what happens to King may not mean shit to you, but him and me, we got history. I owe King from way back in the day, and he ain't gonna eat it if I can help it. You're gonna go out there and save his ass, understand?"
Julius Little: "I ain't fuckin' around, playa, you bring King back here safe. You feel me?"
- — "Calling in a Favor" cutscene
- Benjamin King: "So you're the kid Julius sent, huh?"
Benjamin King: "Warren's gotta be around here somewhere."
Warren Williams: "You can't hide from me, King!"
Benjamin King: "There he is, drop that bitch!"
Warren Williams: "Must be my lucky day, I get to kill both you bitches!"
Benjamin King: "What you doin' son? Don't let that bitch own you!"
Warren Williams: "After I kill you, no one's gonna step to EZ Money!"
Warren Williams: "You shoulda died in the boardroom, King. It woulda saved us all some time!"
Benjamin King: "Keep it up, playa, and we might make it out of here"
Benjamin King: "So long, Warren. Thanks for your help, son. Now you take me to Julius."
- What you doin' to my muthafuckin' ride?
- — Warren, after his vehicle takes damage
"Cold Winters" cutsceneEdit
- Tanya Winters: "Hey, baby."
Warren Williams: "The fuck you standin' 'round for? Give me a fuckin' hand"
Warren Williams: "Little nigga... I'll show King who the little nigga is, his muthafuckin' ass is mine. Hey yo, Tanya--what's goin' on?"
Tanya Winters: "You're a bright boy, I'm sure you can figure it out."
Warren Williams: "Bitch, you better not miss, 'cause if--"There is a gunshotTanya Winters: "Thanks for the advice."
- — "Cold Winters" cutscene
- ↑ Mission: Round Peg, Square Hole
- ↑ Cutscene: Calling in a Favor
- ↑ Cutscene: Cold Winters
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK07_KING_ABANDONED=King was abandoned.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK07_FAIL_KING_DEATH=King was killed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK07_FAIL_TIMEOUT=You failed to get to King in time.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK07_CAR_DEAD=King's car was destroyed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK07_FELL_BEHIND=You let Warren escape!