|This frame would look better with a picture. |
Improve this article by adding an image.
Streaking and Flashing are two very similar Diversions, in which the player is given a time limit to shock a number of Civilians. There are 8 levels in both Flashing and Streaking. The main difference between them is that The Protagonist is nude while Streaking, but must wear a coat while Flashing.
Comments from Civilians vary depending on whether The Protagonist is male or female. Some Civilians, gang members and law enforcement, may pursue and attack. It is not possible to shock the same person twice.
Unlike other Diversions, there is no prompt. These Diversions are started by pressing down twice, the same as exiting missions and activities.
To enable Streaking, the player must be effectively nude, wearing no clothing on the torso or abdomen, so that both privacy bars would normally be visible on a female.
To remove all clothing, first access the Wardrobe, either in a crib or a clothing store. On the "outfits" tab, choose "Remove All Current Clothing". After all other clothing has been removed, Hats, Masks, Glasses, Gloves, Footwear and Jewelry can be added.
While Streaking the player only needs to run in front of a civilian, no extra buttons need to be pressed.
Flashing is only possible in Saints Row 2.
In Saints Row 2, there is achievement for Streaking or Flashing.
- While naked, The Protagonist's facial expression changes to a smirk in Saints Row 2. In Saint's Row: The Third their expression does not change but The Protagonist will tremble and try to cover themselves when not moving.
- It is best to start these diversions in a crowded area.
- The fastest and easiest way to complete either diversion is to run in front of passing cars.
- It is possible to see Civilians who are Streaking or Flashing.
- On a PC it is possible to remove the pixelation for Saints Row 2 present when nude by opening the "shaders_pc" file in the Saints Row directory, and deleting the line containing "sr2-pixelate_c.fxo_pc".
- In Saints Row: The Third to remove the pixelation edit the misc_tables.vpp_pc file with Gibbed Tools and a text editor. Unpack misc_tables.vpp_pc, open customization_items.xtbl, search for <Name>privacy bar top</Name> and <Name>privacy bar bottom</Name>, under <Wear_Option>, change <disabled>no</disabled> to <disabled>yes</disabled>, repack the misc_tables folder.
- In Saints Row 2, The Protagonist has to be streaking or flashing to get comments from pedestrians, but in Saints Row: The Third, The Protagonist just has to be naked to get comments, but does not get credit for shocks unless the diversion has been started.