When entering a Blaze fire truck, you will be prompted to start the Fire Truck Diversion. After starting this diversion, you will be equipped with a Fire Extinguisher, and must drive your fire truck to a building fire, enter the building and extinguish the fires.
Each level of the diversion consists of a single building, with multiple fires inside. The building which is on fire will be marked on the Map, and will be an existing enterable building, often a store.
Once inside the building, individual fires will be marked on the Map and you a required to extinguish every marked fire in order to complete each level. It is possible to put out several fires at once, if they are close together, or in a straight line where you are spraying. If a fire spreads within the building, the number of fires which you must put out will increase, but you are not required to put out Civilians who are on fire.
After each level, you must return to your fire truck, and move on to the next fire. It is not possible to switch to a different Blaze mid-diversion. There is a time limit, which continues counting down when you are outside of the Blaze, so it is important to park as close to the building as possible. The remaining time is carried over to the next level.
Each time you enter your fire truck, your Fire Extinguisher is refilled. Usually, the capacity of the Extinguisher is sufficient to put out all fires in a single building, but sometimes, especially on higher levels, you may run out of water before putting out every fire, and must refill it at the Blaze, or with a Fire Hydrant.
- It helps to finish the Trail Blazing activity beforehand because it's reward, the Fire Fighter suit, makes you immune to fire.
- It helps to finish the Insurance Fraud activity beforehand because it's reward allows for infinite sprint.
- The truck is slow to pull up and needs a lot of space to turn. Starting with a truck that has the nitro upgrade installed from the Semi Broken shop will save valuable seconds.
- The time limit is very tight and sometimes impossible. Some luck with the sequence of burning buildings is needed. It does help to pick the starting location carefully, however. For example, starting in the south of Quinbecca (Suburbs Expansion) will make it very likely the first couple of burning buildings are shops that are easy to go between as they are more or less on the same street.
- The durability of the truck is almost never the problem, especially not with a reinforced one from Semi Broken. Do things that will save time, even if they damage the truck.
- When inside a burning building with a lot of fires, it helps to start with the fires in the back (or upstairs). This way, less time is wasted running back to the truck if the Fire Extinguisher is depleted as only the fires in the front remain for after refilling.
- Burning people should be ignored as they are not considered fires. The Fire Extinguisher should only be used on them when they are blocking the path.
After completing all levels:
- A special Fireman Outfit is unlocked in your Wardrobe
- A Blaze is unlocked in your Garage. Unlike many other unlocked vehicles, the Blaze does not have a Saints logo, and is fully customizable at Semi Broken.
- There is no achievement unlocked for completing Fire Truck, but it is one of several activities which count towards the Blue Collar achievement
- To obtain a Blaze, call 555-FIRE (555-3473) on your Cellphone.
- If a destructible object is on fire, shooting it will put out the fire.
- It is not possible to keep the Fire Extinguisher directly from this activity, but it is possible to steal one from fire fighter NPC after exiting the activity.