|File in the Cake|
? marked, ? minimum kills
- Drug dealing mom escapes prison, leaves nice note
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
The Protagonist asks Shaundi how the research is going on the Loa Dust they stole from the Sons of Samedi in the previous mission; Shaundi confesses that she hasn't made much progress, but reveals that she knows someone who can. The problem is that this person is still in prison, so they plan on breaking her out. Samson arrives with a bomb they will use to blow a generator on the island, but trips and accidentally activates the timer, leaving The Protagonist with little time to get to prison and set the bomb.
After breaking Shaundi's acquaintance out of jail, who turns out to be Laura, the two steal an Oppressor and head back towards the city. The Protagonist drops Laura off at her house, where her husband, Tobias, answers the door. The Protagonist leaves after Laura promises to help out.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by selecting the mission at a Newspaper Clipboard.
- Get to the prison before the bomb detonates
To start with, get in the nearby Miami and drive towards the Stilwater Penitentiary which lies to the west. The timer here is so long that it matters very little. Upon arriving at the island, follow the GPS and drive around towards the dock at the back and exit the vehicle.
- Plant the bomb on the generator
Head up the shaft, go up the stairs, kill the lone security guard, head through the nearby door, and plant the bomb in the blue marker.
- Get clear before the bomb explodes
After planting the bomb, put some distance between it and The Protagonist before it explodes.
- Get inside the main cell block
Once it has detonated, head up towards the main prison block. A nearby Five-O is a good vehicle to use, but it's only a short distance away anyway.
- Find Shaundi's drug expert
Work through the building, killing any guards that get in the way.
- Get to the cell blocks on the third floor
- Get out of the prison
Head back out of the prison block. Note that Laura is somewhat of a slow Homie and struggles to keep up with the player if they rush too far ahead. After heading through the large double gates outside, head right and get in the nearby Oppressor helicopter.
- Head back to the city
Once Laura is in, simply fly towards the mainland; no marker is given because the player does not need to fly to a specific location.
Once a certain distance away from the Stilwater Prison district, the mission ends.
- Cash: $1,500
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Pilsen
- Mission: Airborne Assault
- Stronghold: Bavogian Plaza Drug Labs
- If the player brings a helicopter or another boat before starting the mission, it is possible to use that instead after entering and exiting the boat provided.
- This mission features female prisoners and prisoners with white braiding on their jumpsuits, who also appear as audience members in the prison's Fight Club Activity.
- If the player shoots an inmate, all inmates become hostile.
- During this mission, the opening in the roof used in the first mission, "Jailbreak", is covered, although it is available outside of this mission. It is also impossible to jump into the front courtyard from the roof.
- It is not possible to enter the infirmary during this mission, but it is normally accessible outside of missions.
- Sometimes, after being revived in Co-op, the player may be stuck in a cell block and unable to get out, leaving the other player to complete the mission.
- The mission ends after flying a certain distance from the prison, even if the player flies into open sea.
- Although the power is disabled in the whole island, Prison Lighthouse still has power.
"There's Always A Catch" cutscene Edit
- Shaundi: "Hey what's up?"
The Protagonist: "I can't believe what they've done here."
Shaundi: "It's pretty classy huh?"Shaundi: "I see you lead with optimism."The Protagonist: "Whatever, a strip club named Teinay...THAT was classy, this shit's just tacky."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Whatever, a strip club named Tee 'N' Ay...THAT was classy, this shit's just tacky."Shaundi: "Science is hard..."Loa Dust shit?"The Protagonist: "Optimism with a healthy dose of violence...so did you find out what was in that
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "So did you find out what was in that Loa Dust shit?"
The Protagonist: "Didn't you just hear the part about leading with violence?"
Shaundi: "Anyway, like I was saying, I can't work it out, but I know someone who can."
The Protagonist: "Who?"
Shaundi: "It's a woman I met in prison, she knows more about this shit then I ever will...there's only one-"
The Protagonist: "What's the problem?"
Shaundi: "She's still in prison."
The Protagonist: "Great..."
Shaundi: "Don't worry about it, I know how you're gonna break in. Samson, get over here!"
Samson: "Hey Shaundi, I rigged up that bomb you wa-"Samson trips and activates the bomb's timerShaundi: "Um...you should probably hurry..."
- — "There's Always A Catch" cutscene
- Shaundi: "Don't freak out, I got this all worked out. The prison is powered by an old generator underneath the building. Take out that generator and it's lights out for the whole island, you should be able to sneak in no problem."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Shaundi you mind telling me why I'm carrying a bomb?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Hey Shaundi, thanks for the bomb and everything, but what the fuck am I supposed to do with it?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Shaundi, how am I supposed to get inside?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "I hate to be pushy Shaundi, but ya think you can tell me what I'm supposed to do with this bomb before it kills me?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Shaundi, tell me you have plan on how I'm getting inside, cause if I'm just ridin' around with a bomb I'm gonna be very unhappy..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Why am I carrying a bomb, Shaundi?"
The Protagonist: "Where's the generator? It's not like they gave me a tour of the place when I was in a coma..."
Shaundi: "I'm getting to that, relax...just swing around the back of the island and go in through there...it'll lead you to the generator."
The Protagonist: "Thanks Shaundi."
- — One the phone with Shaundi
- The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Please God, have Shaundi be right..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "God this better work..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Here's hoping Shaundi knows what she's talking about..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "I hope Shaundi wasn't high when she came up with this plan..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Shaundi, I swear to God, if this doesn't work..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Lights out..."
- — While planting the bomb
- Laura: "What are you doing here?"Laura: "A jail break? How exciting!"The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Whatchu say we get you outta here, Laura?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "We'll catch up later, let's get outta here."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Ready for time off for good behavior?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Hey Laura...ready for your first riot?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Let's get you outta here."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Whatchu standin' around for, let's get outta here..."
- — Upon reaching Laura
- Laura: "I can't wait for to see my husband..."
Laura: "Can you drop me off at my house?"
Laura: "My husband's been so supportive while I was in jail, it's really incredible..."
Laura: "Some people said it was a bad idea to date you're sponser, but I say what the heck, it's love right?"
Laura: "Thank you so much for breaking me out of jail, you really should stay for dinner, it's the least I can do..."
- — Taking Laura home
"Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder" cutscene Edit
- Laura: "I still can't get over that it's you, this is sooo exciting..."
The Protagonist: "So you're sure you can figure out what's in the Son's stuff?"
Laura: "Don't worry sweetie, when it comes to drugs or snicker doodles I'm the best."
Tobias: "Ain't that the truth baby..."
Tobias: "Thanks for bringing my pumpkin muffin back. You need anything you let me know..."
The Protagonist: "Oh I already talked to Laura about that."
Tobias: "In that case, you mind givin' me and the wife some quality time? I'd like to have a belated conjugal before the PTA meeting..."
The Protagonist: "Not at all."
- — "Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder" cutscene