- Impersonate one of Stilwater's Finest and provide quality footage to the FUZZ crew for cash and respect.
- — Fuzz introduction
In this activity, The Protagonist is dressed as a police officer while being filmed for the FUZZ TV show.
The Protagonist is tasked to be as brutal as possible whilst taking down criminals, rather than just blowing them away. Use an assortment of weapons, including Satchel Charges, Chainsaws, and Annihilator RPGs to take down drug dealers, sewage sprayers and pirate/ninja battles.
To win, the footage bar must be filled before the timer runs out. Bonuses are awarded for use of specified weapons, which are provided when needed.
In the Quinbecca neighborhood of the Suburbs Expansion district, The Protagonist is recruited by Katie, a director's assistant. In the Shivington neighborhood of the Projects district, The Protagonist is recruited by Legal Lee.
- Projects District, Level 3: Kobra pistol unlocked in the Weapons Cache
- Projects District, Level 6: Infinite pistol ammo
- Suburbs Expansion District, Level 3: Police notoriety reduced (5%).
- Suburbs District, Level 6: Police notoriety reduced (15%)
List of crimesEdit
The crimes are random, based on the level.
- These crimes only appear at Level 1
|Purse Snatcher||Apprehend the purse snatcher|
|Public Indecency||Stop the lewd pedestrians.|
(Kill two people having sex.)
|Litterer||Apprehend the litterer|
|Drunkard||Apprehend the drunkard|
|Streaker||Apprehend the streaker|
|To Catch A Predator||A child predator is out picking up children.|
Apprehend the child predator
|J-Walker||Stop the jay walker|
- These crimes only appear at Level 2
|Slow Driver||Stop the vehicle holding up traffic|
|Vehicle Litterer||Apprehend the litterer|
|No Helmet||Stop the helmet-less biker|
|Polygamy||Break up the polygamist fight|
|Domestic Dispute||Break up the domestic dispute|
|Speeder||Stop the speeder|
|DUI||Stop the drunk driver|
|Hit and Run||Get the driver of a hit and run|
|Noise Violation||Stop the noisy vehicle|
- These crimes may occur at Level 3 and 4
|Drug Deal||A drug deal is going down / Break up the drug deal|
|Insurance Fraud||A group of civilians are committing Insurance Fraud|
Stop the civilians committing insurance fraud
|Protesters / Strike||Some protesters have gotten out of hand|
Disband the violent protest
|Mayhem||Stop the vandal|
|Neighborhood Dispute||Some neighbors have gotten into a violent dispute|
Break up the neighborhood dispute
|Skaters||Disband the gang of skaters|
|Road Rage||Punish the enraged drivers|
|Hooker Revolt||A group of prostitutes are revolting against their pimp|
Stop the prostitute uprising
|Assassin||A celebrity has been receiving assassination threats|
Eliminate the assassin
|Street Racing||A street race is in progress|
Stop the street racers
- These crimes may occur at Level 3, 4 and 5
|Gang Fight||Break up the gang fight|
|Bank Robber||An armored truck has been stolen from the bank|
Stop the bank robbers
|Riot||Break up the riot|
|Steroid Dealer||A group of civilians are purchasing steroids|
Break up the steroid ring
|Pirates vs. Ninjas||Break up the battle of the century|
|Postal||A postal worker has gone off the deep end|
Stop the crazy postal worker
|Septic||Stop the Septic Avenger|
|Car Bomb||There is a car with a bomb in it|
Destroy the car with a bomb in it
|Stolen Vehicle||An expensive car has been stolen|
Apprehend the car thief
- These crimes may occur at Level 3, 4 and 5
|Ecoterrorist Riot||Eco-terrorists are burning inefficient vehicles|
Beat down the eco-terrorists
|Human Torch||Apprehend the college kids playing Trail Blazing|
|Hell's Angels||Apprehend the biker gang|
|Stolen APC||An armored personel carrier has been stolen|
Stop the runaway tank
|Stolen Heli||An attack helicopter has been stolen|
Bring down the stolen attack helicopter
|Environmentalist Riot||Environmentalists are destroying inefficient vehicles|
Break up the environmentalist rioters
|Arsonists||Arsonists are tossing molotovs|
Stop the arsonists
|Chainsaw Massacre||Psychos with chainsaws are sawing people up|
Stop the college prank
|Militant Uprising||Stop the militant uprising.|
Saints Row 2Edit
- The Camera object used by the FUZZ cameraman can be modded to be held as a weapon, as can all objects in the game.
- FUZZ is normally spelled "FUZZ", but is spelled "Fuzz" on the map.
- FUZZ is a parody of the real-life cop show COPS, which is also spelled in upper-case letters.
- FUZZ is a slang term for police, like "The Heat", "Cops", "Five-0", or "Po-Po".
- It is possible to exit out of this activity using a Mission Exit Glitch and keep the police uniform. After exiting the activity via the glitch, the game must be saved and reloaded before storing the uniform in the Wardrobe. Going directly to the Wardrobe makes the clothes disappear.
- When Glitching out of the activity, it is not possible to keep weapons, or the Five-O
- In the game files, there is another deleted crime: "ACT_FUZZ_CRIME_ABORTION_RIOT - A riot has broken out at the abortion clinic"
- If there is a real police officer nearby, they follow The Protagonist like a recruited Homie, but they do not appear in the Homie HUD, and cannot be revived if killed. In Co-op play they can become a problem when they fill up the police car not allowing the co-op partner into the vehicle. However, they can be killed and pulled from the vehicle without penalty.
- Although The Protagonist is wearing the police uniform they still retain any glasses, piercings, chains, and/or belts that are equipped.
- At level 3 and 4 are a group of skate-boarders, this may be a reference to the game "Jet Set Radio" which is famous for having police that do everything in their power to stop the player.
- Due to The Protagonist being dressed as police, Saints may become aggressive and attempt to kill the Cameraman or constantly ram the vehicle.
- It is possible to complete this Activity by air, using Tornado. Its weapons are best choice for taking down enemies, combined with with Tornado's speed.
- One of the "Stop violence" protester calls is a anti-Shaundi protest.[proof?]
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
- FUZZ does not appear in Saints Row: The Third, but the game files for Survival reference the same "Cameraman".
- In one Survival call, the caller says "The Saints would be ratings gold for FUZZ! Stir up trouble for the cops at our filming location, and we'll cut you a slice of the profit."
- The description for the Challenges from Trix Vickers all mention FUZZ.
- Carjack Vehicles: "Listen, sweetie, I'll be blunt. FUZZ needs crime footage badly, so sometimes you just have to give criminals a little nudge. 'Nudge, Nudge!'"
- Drive in the Oncoming Lane: "You know, nothing gets people to tune in to FUZZ like a homicidal maniac behind the wheel. What do you say, can you be that homicidal maniac?"
- Total Near Misses: "People don't tune in to FUZZ for riveting social drama"
- Bail Out Distance: "Nothing juices FUZZ's ratings like big, crunchy, car crashes. Twisted metal and flying body parts tested well in all markets, so ... you know what you need to do, hmmm?"