|Also known as||STAG VTOL|
|Appearances||Saints Row: The Third|
Saints Row IV
|Related||Saints VTOL, Condor, Aegean, Destroy|
|Common Areas||Sunset Park|
- "This is the VTOL: the Vertical Take-Off and Landing jet... And it wouldn't be Saints Row if it didn't have plenty of ultra-cool weapons, so we've added microwave lasers... and homing missiles as well."
- — Drew Holmes (Writer)
The VTOL is an aerial vehicle used by STAG. STAG and their associated vehicles appear after the Morningstar arc of missions are completed in Saints Row: The Third, specifically during the mission "Gang Bang" where F-69 VTOLs appear attacking a building containing The Protagonist.
The VTOL has the ability to transform between a hover mode and a jet mode. Hover mode makes the F-69 handle much like a helicopter and the jet mode makes it fly like a jet, which allows the player to move across the city of Steelport quickly and efficiently.
Cyrus Temple owns a unique black F-69 VTOL, which is used by him in the last mission in hopes of eliminating the player, so long as you choose to kill Killbane. It is unlocked upon completion of the mission.
In Saints Row IV it appears again as a hunter vehicle in the multiplayer diversion Cat and Mouse.
- Complete Convoy Decoy to unlock F-69 VTOL in the Garage
- Complete STAG Film to unlock Cyrus' black F-69 VTOL in the Garage.
- Steal from STAG base in Sunset Park.
- Trigger high-level police Notoriety any time after Gang Bang, and use Upgrade Level 4 RC Possessor.
- Purchase and call VTOL Homie.
- To obtain a VTOL in Saints Row IV, simply type 'unlockitall' as a cheat. This will get you cyrus' black variant, to get the white variant, start coop cat and mouse, and store it while you have control.
Cyrus' VTOL Edit
After completing the final mission of the game, "STAG Film", Cyrus Temple's F-69 VTOL is unlocked in the garage and is accessible from any helipad. The VTOL is similar to its normal counterpart but has a sleek black finish.
Saints VTOL Edit
The Saints VTOL is a separate vehicle based on the F-69 VTOL, and is part of the Special Ops Vehicle Pack DLC. The variant is purple and has 3rd Street Saints-themed decals, including multiple fleurs-de-lis.
- Like all STAG aircraft, the F-69 VTOL can only land in hover mode; in jet mode, any attempt at landing will result in crashing the aircraft.
- Clipping the wings on objects will eventually cause them to break off. While this will not affect the VTOL's performance in hover mode, losing one wing will severely affect its maneuverability in jet mode, whilst losing both will render the aircraft totally uncontrollable.
- Most of the F-69 VTOLs in Gang Bang are scripted and cannot be controlled or targeted by the RC Possessor. This is also true of the two F-69s at the end of STAG Party.
- The F-69 VTOL was first introduced in the "Power" trailer.
- The Cheat Code for this vehicle is "givevtol".
- The '69' is a reference to the 69 position.
- The VTOL bears resemblance to the F/A-37 Talon from the film Stealth as well as the real-life modern Sukhoi Su-47 technology demonstrator.
- The sound effect for transitioning from vertical to horizontal flight very closely resembles the transforming sound used in Michael Bay's Transformers film series.
- When switching from vertical to horizontal flight mode, a robotic voice can be heard saying "Hover mode engaged" or "Flight mode engaged", respectively.
- Additionally, entering the VTOL, the same voice can be heard saying "Initating startup sequence", and on exit, the voice will say "Powering down".
- The aforementioned voice bears a likeness to that of Viola DeWynter.
- The VTOL also has the text "VTOL01GSX" on the side.
- The Aegean, a vehicle from the Gangstas in Space DLC, functions and controls remarkably similar to the VTOL.
- The VTOL will make an alarm sound when badly damaged, like most STAG vehicles.
- Approaching the ground in Hover mode will cause the landing gear to automatically drop.
- The F-69 VTOL is based on the Destroy. 
- During "Convoy Decoy", several of The Protagonist's lines are references to Top Gun.
Male 1: "Hover AND a jet mode? It's like a helicopter that doesn't suck."
Male 2: "I should steal military hardware more often..."
Male 3: "Oh, it's like a helicopter fucked a jet."
Female 1: "This is so fucking cool!"
Female 2: "I can fly in hover or jet mode? This machine was built for me!"
Female 3: "This is like straight out of the future..."
Male 1: "Woooo! Talk to me Goose!"
Male 2: "Woohoo! I AM DANGEROUS!"
Male 3: "Let's try spinning. That's a good trick."
Female 1: "Wooo! Jester's dead!"
Female 2: "*psh* In my country planes do 4G negative dives."
Female 3: "Wooo, DANGER ZOOOONE!"
- ↑ Saints Row The Third Saints Row: The Third - Fighter Jet Gameplay - YouTube
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third - Power CG Trailer - YouTube, retrieved 1st August 2011
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Saints Row: The Third - Open World Gameplay Developer Commentary, retrieved 1st August 2011
- ↑ Developer Blog Developer Blog: Vehicular Improvements for SR:TT - Official Saints Row website, retrieved 14th September 2011
- ↑ Special Operations DLC Pack! - Official Saints Row website
- ↑ An inspection of the game data file "SP_VTOL01_VEH.XTBL", reveals references to Destroy variants "Ufo_red", "chrome", "Platinum".
- ↑ This line is from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
|See Vehicle Task Force for ways to improve this article.|