Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Slaughterhouse becomes a slaughterhouse
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
After finding out from a Loa Dust-addicted bum that Mr. Sunshine is hiding out at the meat packing plant, The Protagonist decides to head there and finish him off. Shaundi attempts to tag along, but after Veteran Child almost killed her, The Protagonist refuses.
The Protagonist clears out the meat packing plant and meets Mr. Sunshine at the end, in the assembly room. Mr. Sunshine attempts to use voodoo to defeat The Protagonist, but is ultimately defeated. The Protagonist then severs Mr. Sunshine's head and throws it onto the assembly line.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Head to the meat packing plant
Go to the meat packing plant.
- Find Mr. Sunshine
Fight through to the back, where Mr. Sunshine lies. Although the plant is heavily defended with many troops, it is possible to drive straight to the entrance of the building - ignoring the enemies outside - and sprint past all the enemies in the building.
- Kill Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine awaits The Protagonist at the assembly room in a boss fight. He is on another balcony and cannot be reached.
- Shoot Sunshine's Voodoo Doll!
Mr. Sunshine is invincible while he is holding the doll, and it can only be shot out of his hands as he raises it.
When Mr. Sunshine starts to raise his voodoo doll, shoot it out of his hands to make him vulnerable, and then proceed to shoot him as he goes to pick it up. It is entirely possible to kill him before he manages to pick the doll back up, making the boss fight - and the mission - a fairly short and easy one.
- The name of this mission is a reference to the 2004 movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- Some of the enemies located both outside and inside the meat packing plant are equipped with RPG Launchers, which can kill The Protagonist in one hit, especially when inside a vehicle.
- Similar to the boss fight against Veteran Child, multiple Sons of Samedi enemies will be present to back the boss up.
- Mr. Sunshine is weak against dual-wielding SMGs and assault rifles, as well as explosives such as Satchel Charges and RPG Launchers.
- The voodoo doll appears inside the White Crib in Saints Row IV.
- Shaundi: "I'm coming too..."
The Protagonist: "No."
Shaundi: "This is total bullshit. You can't just cut me outta the loop."
The Protagonist: "I can do what ever the fuck I want, it's one of the perks of runnin' a gang."
Shaundi: "Is Pierce talkin' shit again, 'cause I don't care wh-"The Protagonist: "This doesn't have anythin' to do with Pierce. If a , a crazy motherfucker like Sunshine'll tear you apart. I don't have time to babysit you."strung-out DJ almost took you out, a crazy mutha fucka like Sunshine'll tear you apart. I don't have time to babysit you."The Protagonist: "This doesn't have anythin' to do with Pierce: if a
The Protagonist - Male 2: "This doesn't have anythin' to do with Pierce. If a strung out DJ almost took you out, a crazy mutha fucka like Sunshine'll tear you apart. I don't have time to babysit you."
Shaundi: "You won't have to babysit-"
The Protagonist: "Stick to tactics Shaundi...this conversation is over."
- — "Benched" cutscene
- — Mr. Sunshine, attacking
- Kneel before the Son of Samedi...
- — Mr. Sunshine, using doll
- You cannot stop me child...
- — Mr. Sunshine, labelled "Enter"
- Bow before me, worm...
- — Mr. Sunshine, labelled "Enter"
- You've come a long way to die my boy...
- — Mr. Sunshine
- The Protagonist - Female 1: "Sweetie, I'm gonna take your head..."
The Protagonist - Female 2: "You're not walking outta here..."
The Protagonist - Female 3: "It ends here sunshine..."
The Protagonist - Male 1: "I ain't scared of a freak like you..."
The Protagonist - Male 2: "I'm gonna enjoy fuckin' you up..."
The Protagonist - Male 3: "*speaks Spanish*"
- — The Protagonist responses to Mr. Sunshine
"Back For Seconds..." cutsceneEdit
- Mr. Sunshine: "This fight...is far from over..."
Mr. Sunshine: "You think that will stop me?"
The Protagonist: "For fuck's sake, die already..."
- — "Back For Seconds..." cutscene