|Story arc||Sons of Samedi|
|Cutscene(s)||• "Benched" |
• "Back For Seconds..."
|Objective(s)||• Head to the meat packing plant |
• Find Mr. Sunshine
• Kill Mr. Sunshine
• Shoot Sunshine's Voodoo Doll!
|Reward(s)||• $12,500 |
• The Mills neighborhood, Factories District
- "Slaughterhouse becomes a slaughterhouse"
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
After finding out from a Loa Dust-addicted bum that Mr. Sunshine is hiding out at the meat packing plant in the previous mission, The Protagonist decides to head there and finish him off. Shaundi attempts to tag along, but after Veteran Child almost killed her, The Protagonist refuses.
The Protagonist clears out the meat packing plant and meets Mr. Sunshine at the end, in the assembly room. Mr. Sunshine attempt to use voodoo to defeat The Protagonist, but is ultimately defeated. The Protagonist then severs Mr. Sunshine's head and throws it onto the assembly line.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by selecting the mission at a Newspaper Clipboard.
A meat packing plant in the Factories district is home to a grisly scene. Countless Sons of Samedi were massacred inside earlier in what is presumed to be another chapter in the gang's run-ins with the Third Street Saints. Identified among the dead was an individual known to many as "Mr. Sunshine" a high ranking Samedi lieutenant thought to be the Sons of Samedi's second-in-command.
In this rather straightforward mission, the player must go to the meat packing plant and fight their way to the back, where Mr. Sunshine lies. Although the plant is heavily defended with many troops, it is possible to drive straight to the entrance of the building - ignoring the enemies outside - and sprint past all the enemies in the building.
Regardless of whether the player chooses to fight or run through them, Mr. Sunshine awaits The Protagonist at the assembly room in a boss fight. He is on another balcony and cannot be reached. Start by shooting any nearby enemies, and then wait for Mr. Sunshine to start raising his voodoo doll. When he does this, shoot it out of his hands to make him vulnerable (he is invincible while he is holding the doll, and it can only be shot out of his hands as he raises it), and then proceed to shoot him as he goes to pick it up. It is entirely possible to kill him before he manages to pick the doll back up, making the boss fight - and the mission - a fairly short and easy one.
"Benched" cutscene Edit
- Shaundi: "I'm coming too."
The Protagonist: "No."
Shaundi: "This is total bullshit. You can't just cut me outta the loop."
The Protagonist: "I can do whatever the fuck I want, it's one of the perks of runnin' a gang."
Shaundi: "Is Pierce talkin' shit again, 'cause I don't care wh-"
The Protagonist: "This doesn't have anythin' to do with Pierce. If a strung-out DJ almost took you out, a crazy motherfucker like Sunshine'll tear you apart. I don't have time to babysit you."
Shaundi: "You won't have to babysit-"
The Protagonist: "Stick to tactics, Shaundi. This conversation is over."
- Mr. Sunshine: "[Laughs]"
Mr. Sunshine: "Kneel before the Son of Samedi..."
"Back For Seconds..." cutscene Edit
- Mr. Sunshine: "This fight... is far from over..."
Mr. Sunshine: "You think that will stop me?"
The Protagonist: "For fuck's sake, die already."
- The name of this mission is a reference to the 2004 movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- Some of the enemies located both outside and inside the meat packing plant are equipped with RPG Launchers, which can kill The Protagonist in one hit, especially when inside a vehicle.
- Similar to the boss fight against Veteran Child in "Veteran Child", multiple Sons of Samedi enemies will be present to back the boss up.
- Mr. Sunshine is weak against dual-wielding SMGs and assault rifles, as well as explosives such as Satchel Charges and RPG Launchers.
- The voodoo doll appears inside the White House in the mission "The Saints Wing" in Saints Row IV.