|Information about this subject was added before the game was released.
Enter the Dominatrix is a cancelled expansion pack for Saints Row: The Third.
- "No longer an April Fool's dream, the outrageous game concept will be reality this fall. It's really happening."
- — THQ press release
Originally announced on the official Saints Row website for April Fools' day 2012, then subsequently removed from the website, this "standalone" expansion, which was going to cost around $29.99, was confirmed via an official press release on the 2nd of May, 2012.
A subsequent press release announced that the game was scheduled for released in September 2012.
- Official description
- "For centuries, alien warlord Zinyak has eyed Earth and its precious natural resources and females with a watchful eye. As he prepares an armada for invasion, he has only one worry: the Third Street Saints."
- "Once a simple street gang from Stilwater, the Saints have evolved into a global empire, replete with bombastic TV advertising and tasteful consumer products, the kind of TV advertising and consumer products that would give any alien warlord pause. Clearly, the Saints are the biggest badasses on Earth."
- "Now, in order to prepare his forces for domination, Zinyak captures the leader of the Saints and imprisons him in an elaborate virtual reality simulation. This simulation program looks and feels like Steelport, but it is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. Here, you are a slave. Welcome... to the Dominatrix."
- — Official THQ website
Merge with Saints Row IV Edit
On June 20, 2012, the new THQ President, Jason Rubin, stated that Enter The Dominatrix had been canceled and instead would be merged with "The Next Great Sequel in the Saints Row Franchise", allowing the team "more time, more resources, and a broader scope for the project".
On the day of Saints Row IV's official announcement, a spokesperson for Deep Silver (the game's publisher) told Joystiq that "elements of [Enter the Dominatrix] were rolled into Saints Row IV" and that "There will be a director's cut of Enter the Dominatrix released as DLC when SR4 comes out".
- The title is a reference to the video game "Enter the Matrix".
- There are two references to Enter The Dominatrix in Saints Row: IV achievements
- One is an achievement called "Enter the Dominatrix" for completing a mission with the same name and is most likely an early mission
- The other is an achievement which description says Play SRTT:ETD co-op for 2 hours. This is most likely an achievement which has not been changed since it became SR:IV
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 May 3rd press release: The Dominatrix Has You. THQ Confirms Development of Saints Row: The Third • Enter The Dominatrix
- ↑ Original deleted url: Strap It On Some More! Enter The Dominatrix! - Official Saints Row website
- ↑ May 15th press release: THQ Reports Fiscal 2012 Fourth Quarter and Year End Results May 16th Press release
- ↑ June 20th press release: Saints Row: The Third • Enter the Dominatrix Now Part of Something Bigger Than Itself
- ↑ Joystiq: Saints Row 4 gets pimpin' August 20