Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Saints Row 2|
|Also known as||
The El Train is a heavy rail Rapid Transit system. It can only be driven on tracks and can only be controlled by the game AI.
It can be targeted with the Annihilator RPG or the Tornado's Minigun/Rockets, and can be destroyed with weapons or by crashing a heavy vehicle into it. Each car can be damaged or destroyed and doing so results in it stopping completely or derailing.
In Saints Row, The Protagonist can enter a train as a passenger at a Stilwater Transit station and travel to any other station in Stilwater. As with the Taxi Service, the screen blacks out for a few seconds and The Protagonist is warped to the destination.
Getting on top of an El Train to hitch a ride is also possible. First climbing on top of a tall vehicle, parked next to the track at the Downtown station works best for this.
The El Train has opaque windows. Blowing the train up results in the windows and doors falling off, exposing the interior.
Saints Row 2Edit
It is still possible to ride on top of an El Train, but the Vehicle Surfing mini-game can not be triggered.
El Trains have clear windows and feature improved interiors with more detail than in the previous game.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
The El Train does not appear in Saints Row: The Third, although there are two static train models on the train tracks Downtown.
These trains look like El Trains from previous games but are covered in graffiti.
There are rail sounds when standing under the track.
Saints Row IVEdit
- The front section of the train has a door that says "Operator Door".
- It is possible to tow the train with the Shaft.
- It is possible to perform Two Wheels Driving Stunt with a Shaft and get 3 Gold Stars if a front cab is towed.
- The "Insult to Injury" cutscene of "Waste Not Want Not" mission features a special cutscene variant of the El Train, which is larger and different from the normal version.
- The trains resemble Chicago's "L" Trains. The door chime is from a New York City train.
- In a powerful vehicle traveling at high speed, it is possible to knock the train off the tracks.
- There is a glitch where the trains stops entirely while going over a dip, causing the wheels to remain hovering over the track, rendering the trains unable to move.
- There are several points where trees are too close to the tracks and intersect through them. If viewed for long enough a train eventually comes down the line and derails upon meeting the tree.
- For example, in Saints Row 2, the El Train going from north-west to Humbolt Park Station always crashes in the tree and stops instantly, being unable to move.
- In Saints Row 2 it is possible to push the train backwards with a heavy vehicle such as the Peterliner. Eventually the train fully stops, but the process can be repeated before the El Train moves forward.
- In Saints Row 2, only the front cab blows up. Other three only lose their doors after being destroyed.
- As it is a normal vehicle, the El Train can be added to the garage and driven by modifying the game files.