Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix)|
|Dubstep Gun (Remix) Pack|
03 September 2013
- Take a bullet-laden trip through musical history! Get the crowd off its feet with the power of polka, set those hepcats a-swinging with big band, indulge your refined side with some classical, and then start the moshpit with some heavy metal.
- — DLC Description
It includes the "Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix)" which is a different weapon from the original Dubstep Gun, requiring each version to be upgraded individually.
The Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix) is a Special Class weapon, using a charge meter instead of ammo, that regenerates over time. It comes with four costumes: Classical, Oktoberfest, Dethmettal, and Swingtime.
Much like the Dubstep Gun, the Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix) works the same way by firing pulses of energy to the beat of a song; the song being determined by the Costume selected for the gun.
- New tunes, same old awesome.
- — Weapon Description
|Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix)||Skin|
Each costume for the Dubstep Gun changes the song played in addition to the weapon's model. Unlike other weapons, the change is more than aesthetic, as the rhythm and beat of the song determines the rate of fire and intensity of the shots.
- The Classical costume plays the song Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner.
- The Oktoberfest costume plays a German themed Oktoberfest track, resembling polka.
- The Dethmettal costume plays a death metal inspired track.
- The Swingtime costume plays the song Swinging By by Laurence Cottle.
- No ammo is required for the gun (it recharges it's ammunition.)
- When upgraded with explosive wubs, it can replace rocket launchers in the role of vehicle destruction.
- The weapons firing rate is very high.
- When the weapon is active, it makes all pedestrians and vehicles in the area dance to the music that plays.
- Explosive wubs quickly destroy a large area of foes.
- When fully upgraded, it easily becomes one of the most powerful weapons in the game.
- The weapon requires mandatory time in order to charge up and fire.
- It may be difficult to pinpoint targets accurately among all the flashes of the wub waves.
- Standard Dubstep Gun and DLC variants do not share the same upgrades, and must be bought separately.
- The Explosive Wubs Ultimate upgrade is very expensive.
- When fully upgraded, the weapon is capable of increasing overall notoriety rather quickly.
- The Classical costume description is a reference to the cartoon short What's Opera, Doc?, and the depicted costume of valkyries. The song played is Ride of the Valkyries. The explosions are timed with the cymbal clashes.
- The Oktoberfest costume is styled after the Bavarian Flag, which is where the official Oktoberfest takes place. The costume description translates to, "The zingy beat is wonderful!" from German.
- The Dethmettal costume is designed with a red star, chrome diamond plate sheeting, and bloody accents.
- The Swingtime costume description is a reference to the Big Band music scene which originated in the 1920s.