|Some information in this article was added before the game was released.|
|Requirement||Campaign Trail of Destruction/Hello Teacup|
|Used By||The Protagonist|
|Appears in||Saints Row IV|
Dubstep Gun is a weapon in Saints Row IV.
- "It's a party in a gun! Make the world dance to your beat and fear the power of your wubs!"
- — Weapon Description 
The Dubstep Gun, is a very unique and powerful weapon. It will fire long-range pulses of energy to the beat of an electronic song, the song being determined by the Costume selected for the gun. It has no ammo reserve, instead relying on a charge percentage that regenerates over time. It also needs to charge up briefly before it can be fired.
- Normal: It is unlocked in the Weapons Cache after Keith David's "Campaign Trail of Destruction" Side Quest. It is also unlocked at the end of the mission "Hello Teacup".
- DLC Remix Version: Unlocked after the purchasing Dubstep Gun (Remix) Pack.
- DLC Christmas Version: Unlocked after completing "The Fight Before Christmas" mission in How the Saints Save Christmas.
- Each costume for the Dubstep Gun changes the song played in addition to the weapon's model. Unlike other weapons, the change is more than aesthetic, as the rhythm and beat of the song determines the rate of fire and intensity of the shots.
- The default costume is white and plays the dubstep track A Bass Renaissance by composer Josh Powell, which is a Dubstep remix of the 1999 track "A New Renaissance" by composer Dave Hewson.
- The "Industrial" costume is dark grey and the track is a heavier remix of A Bass Renaissance by Malcolm Kirby Jr.
- The "Popstar" costume plays the electro track Vindicate by Datsik and Excision, which is also played on 97.6 K12 FM.
- The "Da Wub" costume from the mission Hello Teacup plays Duel by Bare Noize.
- No ammo is required for the gun (it recharges it's ammunition.)
- When upgraded with explosive wubs, it can replace rocket launchers in the role of vehicle destruction (apart from tanks).
- The weapons firing rate is very high.
- When the weapon is active, it makes all pedestrians and vehicles in the area dance to the music that plays.
- With explosive wubs, once charged up, the player can go on a rampage in the immediate area and a large area of foes can be annihilated rather quickly.
- When fully upgraded, it easily becomes one of the most powerful weapons in the game, as it is capable of easily destroying virtually any enemy in the game with only a few shots.
- The weapon requires mandatory time in order to charge up and fire (although purchasing upgrades for the recharge time seriously improves this.)
- It may be difficult to pinpoint targets accurately among all the flashes of the wub waves (although using the cross-hair that appears can help immensely with this.)
- Standard Dubstep Gun and DLC variants do not share the same upgrades (If you buy upgrades for one of the guns, you will have to buy the upgrades for the second gun separately.)
- The Explosive Wubs Ultimate upgrade is very expensive (50000 Standard, 80000 DLC Remix).
- When fully upgraded, the weapon is capable of increasing overall notoriety rather quickly.
- The Dubstep Gun seems to be based on the video Dubstep Guns 1 by Corridor Digital Collab.
- The Dubstep Gun causes nearby vehicles to fire their Hydraulics. Although Hydraulics are normally unavailable in Saints Row IV, jumping into car immediately after using the Dubstep Gun allows full control of Hydraulics for a short period of time. After a few seconds, the Hydraulics are not be able to be used, but the wheels remain in the last position they were in.
- After shooting a car with the Dubstep Gun, camera control is unavailable, as if Hydraulics were enabled, and can not be restored after Hydraulics become unavailable, unless the Hydraulics are manually disabled before they become non-functional.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mission: Hello Teacup
- ↑ Image: Weapon Description
- ↑ YouTube: A Bass Renaissance
- ↑ APM Music: A Bass Renaissance
- ↑ Steam Forum: Developer comment
- ↑ Discogs: Dave Hewson Metamorphosis Two
- ↑ YouTube: Industrial dubstep by Malcolm Kirby Jr.
- ↑ Beatport: Vindicate by Datsik and Excision
- ↑ Soundcloud': Bare Noize - Duel (0:56)
- ↑ YouTube: Dubstep Guns 1 video by Corridor Digital Collab
|See Weapon Task Force for ways to improve this article.|
|Weapons in Saints Row IV|
|Melee||Baseball Bat • Dildo Bat • Energy Sword • Stun Gun • Tentacle Bat • Rectifier ProbeDLC|
|Pistol||Alien Pistol • Heavy Pistol • Quickshot Pistol • Suit Blaster|
|SMG||Alien SMG • Heavy SMG • Rapid-Fire SMG|
|Shotgun||Inflato-Ray • Pump-Action Shotgun • Semi-Auto Shotgun • Thumpgun|
|Rifle||Alien Rifle • Automatic Rifle • Bounce Rifle • Burst Rifle • Disintegrator • Xmas BB GunDLC|
|Explosives||Alien RPG • Black Hole Launcher • RPG • Tiny Pistol • Plunger GunDLC|
|Special|| Abduction Gun • Dubstep Gun • Lasergun Arm • Minethrower Arm • Sniper Rifle |
DLC: Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix) • Flamethrower • Grenade Launcher • Heavy Minigun • Incinerator • Knifethrower • 'Merica
|Temporary||ZinTek Force Shield|
|Powers||Blast • Buff • Death From Above • Force Field • Stomp • Super Jump • Super Sprint • Telekinesis|