|Story arc||3rd Street Saints (prologue)|
|Cutscene(s)||• "You Don't Have To Go Home..." |
• "Make Yourself At Home"
|Objective(s)||• Drive Gat to the abandoned mission |
• Make your way underground
• Kill the Samedi
• Destroy the shanties
• Kill the remaining bums
|Reward(s)||• $1,000 |
• Old Stilwater neighborhood, Red Light District
• Saints Hideout (Crib)
|Stronghold unlocked||"Stilwater Caverns"|
- "Homeless bums, now more homeless"
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
After The Protagonist and Johnny Gat meet Aisha at her house, they decide that they need to reestablish the 3rd Street Saints and take back the city; and the first step towards accomplishing this is to find a hideout. Gat and The Protagonist originally opt for Aisha's house, but she blankly refuses them, so they leave in search of somewhere else.
Gat points out that part of the city was once destroyed by an earthquake long ago, and that they should be able to set up in an old hotel located beneath an old mission house. He also reminds The Protagonist that the Saints Row Church is no longer an option since Ultor renovated it for tourism.
After they reach the abandoned mission and work their way down, Gat and The Protagonist kill the current residents of the dilapidated hotel - a few Sons of Samedi and some bums - paving the way for the 3rd Street Saints.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files, and can be read in-game upon completion of the mission. To do this, simply select the mission for replay at a Newspaper Clipboard.
The streets of Stilwater are beginning to overcrowd. A recent surge in the homeless population has been attributed to an attack on an underground shanty town. It is unclear as to what precisely occurred; as attempts to interview the displaced have thus far lead only to repeated stabbings and wallet theft. We will keep you updated as these attacks directed toward the homeless continue to spike.
To begin with, the player must drive to the abandoned mission, a location that will become very familiar as the game goes on. After entering through the double doors, a short path downward lies ahead, which leads to the future site of the Saints Hideout. Currently, however, the tenants consist of a few bums and Sons of Samedi.
Start by clearing out the Sons of Samedi; there are fourteen to kill and they are all lightly armed, but the player should be aware of Molotov Cocktails that the gang members may use. The majority of enemies are situated outside the hotel and on different floors, so use the radar on the HUD to locate them all.
After they're all dead, the player must destroy the seven marked shanties. This can be done by grabbing nearby bums and throwing them into the shanties. The shanties cannot be destroyed in any other way. After they are destroyed, kill the remaining bums to complete the mission.
- • Cash: $1,000
• Respect: None
• Achievement: None
• Neighborhood: Old Stilwater
• Mission: Three Kings
• Stronghold: Stilwater Caverns
• Saints Hideout (Crib)
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jane Valderamma: The streets of Stilwater were quiet today, as apparently the homeless population of Stilwater took the day off. Sidewalks that were once bustling with hobos panhandling are eerily vacant, and park benches are strangely available to be sat on. No one knows for sure what happened to our oft-forgotten and smelly brethren... maybe someone finally gave them their two dollars. I'm Jane Valderamma, Channel 6 news.
"You Don't Have To Go Home..." cutscene Edit
Johnny Gat: "You wanna beer?"
The Protagonist: "Yeah, that'd be great."
Aisha: "Johnny, who's that?"
Johnny Gat: "Come to the living room and find out!"
Aisha: "Johnny, I don't care if you just broke out of jail, you do not go messing up my furni-- Oh my God, it's you!"
The Protagonist: "Surprised, Aisha?"
Aisha: "What, that you're here, or that you're talking?"
The Protagonist: "Pick one."
Aisha: "We all thought you were dead..."
The Protagonist: "I almost was."
Aisha: "Well, for someone who was blown to hell, you look great... did you do something with your hair?"
The Protagonist: "I've been getting that a lot..."
Johnny Gat: "Can we get back to business?"
Aisha: "What's the rush?"
Johnny Gat: "I've been cooped up on death row and that bitch's been laid out in a coma..."
The Protagonist: "We definitely need to remind motherfuckers who we are."
Aisha: "And that can't wait until after dinner?"
The Protagonist and Johnny Gat: "No."
Aisha: "You two haven't changed at all."
Johnny Gat: "Well, you know, there's a saying about dogs and blowing shit up... so what's the plan?"
The Protagonist: "We get our crew together. Once we got that we can work on how we're takin' back our city."
Johnny Gat: "Sounds good."
Aisha: "And where were you planning on having this little meeting?"
Johnny Gat: "Well, this place is pretty spacious."
The Protagonist: "The color's very soothing..."
Johnny Gat: "Come on, Eesh..."
Aisha: "This ain't no fuckin' gang clubhouse..."
Johnny Gat: "Change of plans."
The Protagonist: "We gotta find a new place?"
Johnny Gat: "Yeah. You got it."
The Protagonist: "Why don't we just set up shop at the church?"
Johnny Gat: "Ultor's renovated it and turned it into a tourist trap."
The Protagonist: "You're kidding me?"
Johnny Gat: "Wish I was, we gotta find a new place, and the mission house'll be perfect."
The Protagonist: "Religious buildings are kinda "been there, done that"..."
Johnny Gat: "We're not staying in the mission. Now check it out. Years ago, an earthquake dropped part of the city below sea level, and rather than clearing out the rubble, the city built over it. There's an abandoned hotel below the mission that'll work for us."
The Protagonist: "Alright, what's the catch?"
Johnny Gat: "We gotta evict the current tenants..."
The Protagonist: "Sounds like fun..."
"Make Yourself At Home" cutscene Edit
The Protagonist: "It's kind of a shit hole."
Johnny Gat: "True dat... but it's a shit hole with potential."
The Protagonist: "I dunno man..."
Johnny Gat: "Oh, come on, a stripper pole, some flat screens... maybe some nicer furniture..."
The Protagonist: "You had me at stripper pole."
Johnny Gat: "Fuckin' A..."
- When replaying this mission via a Newspaper Clipboard after the Saints Hideout has been upgraded, Johnny Gat will still say they should add a stripper pole, despite the fact that there is one right in front of them.
- The mission's newscast and Newspaper Clipboard text contradict each other; the newscast claims that there are fewer bums on the street but the text states that the city is becoming overcrowded with them.
- In the opening cutscene, Aisha expresses her surprise that The Protagonist is talking, referring to the first Saints Row game, in which The Protagonist had only four lines.
- The shanties can be destroyed by throwing anyone in them - this is most obvious when replaying the mission after the Saints Hideout has been upgraded, and then throwing a prostitute or 3rd Street Saints gang member into them.
- The parking meters outside the hotel make for very powerful Improvised Weapons when thrown, as they cause enemies to ragdoll and fly away when hit.