- This page lists all Diversions, please see each individual page for article for detailed information, such as unlockable rewards.
There are 4 types of Diversions: Collection, Jobs, Stunts, and Minigames.
At the beginning of the game, some Diversions are available, but most do not become available until after Appointed Defender. It is possible to unlock the rewards associated with the available diversions.
- Available are: Stunt Jumps, Barnstorming, Secret Areas, CD Collection, Combat Tricks, Driving Stunts, Vehicle Surfing, Base Jumping, Store Hold-Ups, Mugging.
- Unavailable are: Tagging, Ambulance EMT, Fire Truck, Ho-ing, Taxi Driver, Tow Truck, Racing, Hostage, Zombie Uprising, Blackjack, Poker, Streaking & Flashing, Drive-by.
Diversions are more varied in their structure when compared to Activities, and do not count towards 100% Completion (with the exception of Tagging and CD Collection). While Diversions also award players with cash and Respect, the amount is far smaller than that awarded through Activity completion. Diversions tend to have simple objectives and generally only feature overlay text on the HUD.
The differences between Activities and Diversions:
- Activities are required for 100% Completion. With the exception of Taggings and CD Collection, Diversions are not.
- Activities can be resumed from the last level played. Diversions must usually be restarted from the beginning.
- Activities are shown on the map. Diversions are usually started by pressing the Action button when prompted.
- Activities show the standard Mission screen. Diversions usually just have overlay text.
- Barnstorming is a collection Diversion, earned by flying a plane under a certain object. Barnstorming locations are not marked in any way. There are 35 Barnstorming locations.
- CD Collection is a collection Diversion, earned by finding CDs hidden around Stilwater. CDs are visible spinning Saints Row 2 CDs, but do not have a blue marker. There are 50 hidden CDs.
- Unlike other Diversions, CD Collection is counted toward 100% Completion.
- Sometimes referred to as easter eggs, Saints Row 2 has Secret Areas which are specifically included as something to find. When one of these 32 Secret Areas is found, a message is displayed on the screen, and is counted in the game statistics. All underground areas and the islands that not marked on the map are counted as Secret Areas.
- Stunt Jumps is a collection Diversion, earned by driving a car over a raised jump and flying through the air. Stunt Jump locations are not marked in any way, and may be hills, cliffs, or wooden boards. There are 80 Stunt Jumps.
- Tagging is the only collection Diversion that requires using the Action button. There are 50 tags hidden around the city which you must cover with the 3rd Street Saints tag. Tagging is started by entering the spray can marker in front of the tag and pressing the Action button when prompted.
- Unlike other Diversions, Tagging is counted toward 100% Completion.
- There are 10 levels of each Job, a Reward is unlocked for completing the 10th level.
- Ambulance EMT can be triggered upon entering any Ambulance. In this Diversion, you must drive your Ambulance to scenes of Accidents and revive Civilians using Shock Paddles and Chest Compressions.
- Fire Truck can be triggered upon entering any Blaze Firetruck. In this Diversion, you must drive your Blaze to scenes of building fires, enter the buildings and extinguish the fires using a Fire Extinguisher.
- Ho-ing is a sex-themed 'Job' where you must perform certain movements with the analog sticks in a limited amount of time. This diversion can be started at several locations around Stilwater, but is not marked on the map. Unlike other Diversions, failure does not result in restarting from the beginning.
- Taxi Driver can be triggered upon entering any Taxi. In this Diversion, you must collect Civilians in your Taxi and drive them to their destination.
- Tow Truck can be triggered upon entering any Shaft Tow Truck. In this Diversion, you must drive your Shaft to the car, pick up the vehicle with your winch and deliver it to the nearest garage.
- All Stunts are scored using the Star Rating System, they do not earn cash, only respect.
- Combat Tricks are a series of special kill maneuvers. Stars are increased by frequently repeating the same type of kill.
- Gang Kills
- Beat Down Kills
- Gang Vehicles Kills
- Multi Kills
- Nutshots - must earn a star to be counted
- One Hit Kills
- Slice 'N Dice Kills - performed with a Samurai Sword
- Taunting - the only combat trick which does not involve killing.
- Driving Stunts are a series of maneuvers and stunts which involve a car. Stars are increased either by maintaining the stunt for an extended period of time, or by frequently repeating the stunt.
- Big Air Jumps
- Burnouts - must be witnessed to earn stars
- Near Misses - must not crash while performing
- Oncoming Lane - must not crash while performing
- Stoppies - must be performed on a bike
- Two Wheels
- Vehicle Surfing - prompt appears while standing on a vehicle.
- Wheelies - must be performed on a bike
- Windshield Cannon
- Base Jumping is a Diversion in which you must land within a bulls-eye while Parachuting. This Diversion can be started by pressing the Action button when prompted after deploying a Parachute.
- Drive-by is a Diversion that can be started after shooting multiple gang members from a vehicle. The goal is to shoot gang members from a vehicle.
Streaking & FlashingEdit
- Streaking & Flashing are two very similar Diversions which require the player is to shock civilians with The Protagonist's nudity. Both diversions have specific clothing requirements in order to be started.
- Store Hold-Ups is a Diversion that can be started by aiming a gun at a Store owner. The goal is to follow the owner to the safe.
- When you steal a car with one or more passengers, you are prompted to start the Hostage diversion. In this diversion, you must drive around for a certain amount of time, without slowing down enough that your hostage can escape.
- Mugging is a Diversion that can be started by aiming a gun at a Civilian. After a certain amount of time, the Civilian will run and drop some Cash.
- Racing is the only Diversion displayed on the map. There are 27 races in Saints Row 2, and include races with Cars, Bikes, Boats, Planes and Helicopters. You must hit a number of checkpoints and win the race.
- Racing is not counted towards 100% Completion in Saints Row 2, although it did in Saints Row.
- Zombie Uprising is a 3D video game where you must kill zombies using weapons at hand. This diversion can be started at the TV in your Crib, and at some locations around Stilwater.