|Information about Saints Row: The Third was added before the game was released.
- "Higher grade SMG that fires bullets in extremely rapid succession."
- — Weapon description
The D4TH Blossom is a sub-machine gun featured in Saints Row: The Third. It is the favored SMG of the Deckers Specialist, and can be salvaged from them. Whereas the TEK Z-10 is a more ubiquitous weapon overall, the D4TH Blossom is intended for suppressive fire, boasting the highest fire-rate of any Submachine Gun. Like all SMGs, it can be dual-wielded.
Whilst it does extremely little damage by default, its high fire-rate makes up for this shortcoming, making it capable of quickly taking down targets through volume of fire. Its magazine is fairly big - 40 shots, like the TEK Z-10, but it fires so much faster that it tends to burn off its ammunition much quicker. Used carelessly, it can quickly exhaust your ammunition reserves, especially when dual-wielded.
When first used, the D4TH Blossom seems to be something of a wash, since it takes a large number of rounds to bring down an enemy with it (like most SMGs), has somewhat meager accuracy due to its tendency to spray, and tends to deplete ammunition rapidly.
Fortunately, its upgrades make the D4TH Blossom remarkably dangerous. Its first upgrade expands its magazine by 50%, boosting its magazine capacity to 60 shots and reducing the problem it has with running out of ammo so quickly. Subsequent upgrades improve its firepower and reduce its recoil; the final upgrade reduces recoil further and gives it armor-piercing rounds, which will penetrate the hulls of light vehicles to hit targets behind them (I.E. it can shoot through a door to hit a driver), and allow it to puncture riot shields.
- High fire rate allows for suppressive fire - handy versus groups
- Armor-piercing rounds are extremely effective against SWAT Specialists and vehicle drivers
- Fairly accurate when fully-upgraded
- Good magazine size
- Good Synergy with AR-55
- Lower accuracy than TEK Z-10
- Consumes ammo quickly, especially when dual-wielded
Weapon upgrades Edit
- Main article: Weapon Upgrades.
|1||$5,000||"Higher grade SMG that fires bullets in extremely rapid succession."|
|2||$7,500||"Increases the size of your clips."|
|3||$15,000||"Increase rate of fire and lessen recoil."|
|4||$30,000||"Armor-piercing bullets do more damage and pass through armor."|
- It closely resembles the TDI Vector.
- The name, D4TH Blossom, is most likely a reference to the prototype weapon Death Blossom from the movie The Last Starfighter. OR its the fire-mode that adult Enzo Matrix used on his semi-automatic gun, in the episode of Reboot titled The Episode With No Name
- Level 4 of this weapon is the best to use against STAG Commandos
- When salvaged from Decker Specialists, this SMG will come with instant reloads.
- Fully upgraded, the magazine actually becomes smaller. This do not change the amount of bullets one magazine have.