Saints Row 2 Edit
- In this activity, The Protagonist is put on a blazing Toad wearing a flame- and explosion-proof suit, and must race through various locations Stilwater. As with regular racing the player must race to checkpoints, but the timer counts down between each checkpoint instead of for the whole course.
- Driving into people, cars and objects will set them alight, or cause them to explode, awards points. After driving through a checkpoint, points earned are converted to extra time. This activity is made very easy on all levels by using the cheat super explosions (#7)
- Driving into a fuel barrel will cause it to explode, and driving into a spot marked with a flame will ignite a gasoline trail and explode in a wide range ahead of the player, which usually destroys property, cars and people.
- Water must be avoided as it will extinguish the fire, but driving into a flame or barrel will re-ignite your vehicle.
- Not hitting enough people and cars will leave you short on time, but deviating from the track too much to hunt for victims will do the same. The trick is to find a balance between both.
- Where possible, driving on the wrong side of the road is a good idea because you want to crash into the oncoming traffic.
There are two locations available for Trail Blazing, both visible on the map:
- Charles "Chuck" Mueller made the movie Skeeters on Fire[reference?], Weddings on Fire[reference?] and wanted to make the movie Bangers on Fire, starring The Protagonist.[reference?]
- Level 3: Brotherhood notoriety reduced (5%)
- Level 6: Brotherhood notoriety reduced (15%)
- Level 3: Reduced explosion damage (5%)
- Level 6: Reduced explosion damage (15%)
All levels at both locations:
- Fire Fighter Suit added to the Wardrobe. Offers full immunity to fire when all pieces are worn.
Saints Row: The Third Edit
In Saints Row: The Third, in addition to the returning style of Trail Blazing established in Saints Row 2, there is also a second form of the Activity known as Cyber Blazing where the player helps Kinzie Kensington hack by jumping into the Deckers' cyberspace and racing a Tron-style lightcycle (named the X-2 phantom) down a halfpipe while blowing up cyber tanks for extra time and avoiding firewalls that give time penalties.
- Completing Trail Blazing Hard level, in Deckers territory, will unlock the X-2 Phantom and the Wraith, which will be avaliable in the garage.