- Channel 6 is mostly known for the network's news program, with Anchor Jack Armstrong and on-site reporter Jane Valderama. The station appears in Saint's Row, Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third.
- Radio broadcasts from channel 6 will be heard frequently throughout the three games. The Protagonist's most direct involvement with the station occurs in Saint's Row 2 in the course of the Ultor Exposed DLC, in which The Protagonist and ex Ultor micro-biologist Tera Patrick try to convince the station to run a story meant to cause public outcry against the company. (This is done primarily through communication with Jane Valderama.) However, this attempt ultimately fails and the story is never run.
- Jane Valderama - On-site Reporter, heard on the radio in Saints Row 2
- Jack Armstrong - Newsreader heard on the radio in Saints Row
- Mike McCabe - Flying officer, mentioned in advertisements
- Max Storm - Weather, mentioned in advertisements
- Abe Howers - Sports, mentioned in advertisements
- Anna - Talk-show host, seen in introductory cutscene, interviewing Dane Vogel about the city of Stilwater
Other Media CompaniesEdit
While Channel 6 appears to be a major network with a presence in both Stilwater and Steelport, there are other minor television stations and newspapers.
- Stilwater University Network - TV network, set as channel 10 in the opening cutscene of Saints Row 2, features student anchors and had a report on Mayor Hughes' yacht explosion.
- News13: Stilwater - TV network set as channel 10 in the Saints Row 2 opening cutscene, with a report on The Brotherhood robbing stores in Ezpata.
- WTF17 - TV network set as channel 17 in the Saints Row 2 opening cutscene. It has an upside-down NBC logo. Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax and Genkibowl VII are broadcast on this network, according to Saints Row: The Third.
- !rto Network - TV network set as channel 3 in the Saints Row 2 opening cutscene, with a dramatization of Shogo Akuji killing a Civilian in the Downtown District.
- Po Street Journal is a newspaper on newsstands and costs 75c. Named after the Wall Street Journal.
- Sunny Herald is a newspaper on newsstands and costs 50c, with the slogan Have a sunny day. The current headline is Bomb Blast.
- Daily Sports News is a newspaper on newsstands which costs 75c. Their slogan is "#1 in Sports".
- Daily Omen is a newspaper on newsstands which costs 50c. The current headline is The end is near.
- Volition Monitor is a newspaper on newsstands. The current headline is Local Gangs vandalize.
- The Daily Sky is a newspaper which costs 50c, with the slogan The newspaper that never stops, ever., and the current headline in Saints Row 2 is "Tree-mendous tree faces the chop".
- Stilwater Gazette - mission completion newspaper clippings
- Ultor Times - - mission completion newspaper clippings
- Stilwater Surplus is a magazine that appears to be about weapons, which appears on the unlock screen for weapons.
- Boost is a car magazine, which appears on the unlock screen for some vehicles.
- Rimz, or possibly (O-Rimz) is another car magazine, which also appears on the unlock screen for some vehicles.
- Volition Comics publish the Gangstas in Space and Nyte Blayde comics in Saints Row: The Third.
- The network Channel 6 is set to channel 18 on the TV in the introductory cutscene.
- When Jane Valderama is called as a homie, the Anchor she arrives in may have the logo of any network, even though she works for Channel 6 News.
- The Channel 6 theme music is the same as the ITN short broadcasts theme music, which are broadcast at various times on Saturdays and Sundays in the UK. The regular ITN weekday broadcasts each have their own theme music
- In real life, Jack Armstrong is a radio DJ who has been active since the 80's, first in Kansas, and then in California.
- Jack Armstrong's voice actor does not return in Saints Row 2.
- The Anna show is a parody of both Martha Stewart and the Oprah Winfrey Show, and airs before Red Planet, Red Passion.
- Anna's interview with Dane Vogel can be seen looping on various monitors in Saints Row: The Third.
- The main character in Red Planet, Red Passion is named Parker. This is the same name as the protagonist in the game Red Faction, also produced by Volition, Inc.