Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Hospital under siege
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
The Protagonist visits Johnny Gat at the Stilwater Memorial Hospital and informs him of Jyunichi's death. The Protagonist also tells Gat that they're waiting for him to leave hospital before they start Aisha's funeral. Unfortunately, The Ronin have returned in an attempt to finish Jyunichi's work and kill Gat. They cut the electricity cables and, as the lights go out, The Protagonist and Johnny decide it's time to return to the Saints Hideout.
In the aftermath, Dane Vogel is not happy about the massacre at the hospital and meets with the Akujis. He demands they prevent more PR disasters, but is rebuffed by Kazuo Akuji, who believes that should Ultor want The Ronin's continued protection, they should offer "something much more substantial". Vogel refuses and leaves on bad terms; without Ultor now paying protection money, The Ronin suffer a severe lack of income.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by selecting the mission at a Newspaper Clipboard.
- Go to the head of Gat's bed
Begin by grabbing the gurney Johnny is on. The gurney controls somewhat awkwardly but should be fairly straightforward aside from turning; it controls similarly to taking a Human Shield. Gat's health is constantly falling as time goes by, but there is more than enough time to stop and kill any enemies in their way.
- Get Gat out of the hospital
Head along the corridor and through the theaters, killing any enemies in the way. Head down another corridor to the lift - upon using it, Gat's health is fully refilled.
- Head to the front door
After another corridor, release Gat's gurney to open the front door.
- Get in the ambulance
- Head back to the elevator
Head back inside the hospital and back to the lift. Head through a final corridor before reaching the hospital's Horizon helicopter.
- Get back to the Saints Hideout
The Horizon has no offensive capabilities, so the intent of the mission is dodge rockets fired by the Tornado. It is instead possible to immediately exit the helicopter after entering it, and to destroy the Tornado to make the flight to the Saints Crib much easier.
The first 3 objectives from singleplayer are the same for the Co-op Host.
Land in the blue marker on top of the Saints Hideout to finish the mission.
The mission can be failed by getting Smoked or Busted, abandoning Gat, letting Gat die, or the Helicopter being destroyed.
- Cash: $5,000
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Union Square
- Mission: Room Service
- Vehicle: Medical Helicopter (Horizon)
- In Co-op mode, this mission plays differently; one player must get Johnny Gat outside of the hospital by pushing him out while the other player has to go to the roof, get the helicopter there, and fly it down to the parking lot, avoiding The Ronin armed with RPG Launchers. Once the helicopter has landed, players must get Johnny on-board and then fly it back to the Saints Hideout while avoiding the enemy Tornado.
- The map can be confusing during this mission as it shows enemies on all floors of the hospital rather than just those on the current floor, thus showing enemies that aren't there.
- This mission is based on the movie Rush Hour 3.
- Stamina bar decreases much slower, while sprinting, and refills faster during the mission.
- It is possible to exit the Horizon, and pull Gat out of the passenger side. Once out, he can be taken as a Human Shield, and cannot be recruited, because all follower slots are locked during the mission. Gat does not re-enter the helicopter, and killing him still causes the mission to fail, but it is possible to complete the mission by leaving him behind and flying the helicopter back to the Saints Hideout.
- In addition to handling similar to a Human Shield, after the gurney is grabbed, The Protagonist usually says the line as if they take a Human Shield.
"Checking Out" cutsceneEdit
- Johnny Gat: "So the bastard's dead?"
The Protagonist: "I cut him up myself."Downstairs, several Ronin enter the hospitalReceptionist: "Hello, how can I help you?"
Receptionist: "Excuse me, you can't go that way..."
Receptionist: "Hello, security?"
The Protagonist: "How ya doin'?"
Johnny Gat: "She's dead, you really gotta ask?"Downstairs, the Ronin approach an elevatorSecurity guard: "I'm sorry, guys but I'm gonna have to ask you to return to the waiting room."
Johnny Gat: "Funeral?"
The Protagonist: "We're waitin' for you."
The Protagonist: "How long till your back?"
Johnny Gat: "The doc said I should be up and murderin' in a couple days...well, ya know, he didn't say murderin', but you get the idea."
Ronin (Unused): "Cut it."The lights go outThe Protagonist: "Time to leave?"
Johnny Gat: "Fuck yeah."
- — "Checking Out" cutscene
- Johnny Gat: "That's not funny."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "This things a bitch to push, how much hospital food you been eating?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "So since you've been out I decided to put Pierce in charge."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Ya know, I'd probably make it outta here a lot faster if I just left your ass here..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "You just gonna lie there while I do all the work?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Whaddya say I just shove you down the hallway?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "So I've been thinking, since you're hurt maybe I should put Pierce in charge?"Johnny Gat: "You really need to get out more..."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "This is the most fun I've had in years..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "So whatchu think about doin' this every week?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Now this is my idea of a good time..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "We should stop and dress you up in one of those hospital gowns, that'd be good for a laugh..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "So you think the hospital's a good place for me to pick up guys?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Admit it Johnny, you're having a good time..."Johnny Gat: "Shut up."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Thanks for giving me a hand shooting these assholes..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "You need me to change your bedpan?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "You gonna keep laying around or are you gonna do something..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "I can't believe I have to wheel your ass outta here..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Just so you know, I ain't gonna be feeding you pudding..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "I wish I got stabbed so you could push me around...."
Johnny Gat: "Ya know you could have brought flowers instead of a gang of people trying to kill me."Johnny Gat: "When did you learn to shoot straight?"The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Flowers aren't nearly as fun..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "It's the thought that counts..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "I didn't realize you were so sensitive..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Bitch, bitch, bitch..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "I thought you'd like the company..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Well I like to think outside the box..."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Learned from the best..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "It's something I picked up when I was in a coma..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "I've seen you kill enough people to put it together..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "I've always been this good, you just never noticed..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Practice practice practice..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "I know that's the painkillers talking because I've always been good..."
- — Bickering
- Johnny Gat: "There's a chopper on the roof, it's our best chance outta here..."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Wow...that's bad..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "That's not makin' things any easier..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "That's not making things any easier..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Yeah, that's bad..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "We're gonna have to find another way outta here..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Shit, that was our ticket outta here..."
- — After the ambulance is destroyed
- Do you even know how to fly this thing?
- — Johnny Gat, in the helicopter
"Changing the Deal" cutsceneEdit
- Dane Vogel: "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Akuji. Shall we get down to business?"Dane Vogel: "You should care because I represent a multi-billion dollar corporation that employs your son...now can we sit down?"Kazuo Akuji (subtitle): "*speaks Japanese*"
Kazuo Akuji (audio): "?"
Kazuo Akuji (translation): "?"
Dane Vogel: "With the recent change in management, I figured it'd be a good idea to touch base. We at Ultor understand that when working with the Ronin there's bound to be some collateral damage. However turning a hospital into a charnel house is something that even I can't spin...you need to keep your men under control."
Kazuo Akuji: "My English must not be as good as I thought it was...it sounded like you were giving me an order."
Dane Vogel: "You're quite astute Mr. Akuji."
Kazuo Akuji: "I'm not a 20 something who is impressed by a power tie Mr. Vogel, I suggest you stop trying to bully me."
Dane Vogel: "Mr. Akuji, your son and I negotiated a very reasonable contract...."
Kazuo Akuji: "My son's an idiot Mr. Vogel...if you wish for the Ronin's protection you had best be prepared to offer us something much more substantial."
Dane Vogel: "That's not going to happen."
Kazuo Akuji: "Then our business is concluded."
Dane Vogel: "Mr. Akuji, I can't possibly stress how unwise this cou-"
Kazuo Akuji: "Be silent. You can show yourself out now."
Dane Vogel: "Well, I guess that's that."
Dane Vogel: "Best of luck gentlemen."
- — "Changing the Deal" cutscene