We now have Portal pages for each major game in the series, containing links to every article related to each game.
- Portal:Saints Row
- Portal:Saints Row 2
- Portal:Saints Row: The Third
- Portal:Saints Row IV
We've had a well-designed category system for some time, but the only problem is that Category:Games only links to the "in Saints Row X" pages, so you can't get to the Fine Aim article starting from Category:Saints Row 2. The new Portal pages solve that problem, so it's easy to see which articles related to each game.
They're still being improved, one concern is that they're currently a little plain, I've tried adding more columns to Portal:Saints Row to fill the some the blank space, and Moozipan Cheese has suggested adding images.
What do you think?
If you'd like to redesign one of the Portal pages, feel free to create a draft page, like Portal:Saints_Row/draft7, and do whatever you like.
You don't need to keep the current columns, but please keep each major section intact.
If you have ideas, b…Read post >
As you can see, or will see as soon as your browser cache updates, I've updated the site style with a little more pizzazz.
I'd like some general feedback, do you like it, was it better the old way, have I completely wasted my time, did you even notice the difference?
If something doesn't look right, please let me know. Here, in the comments section of this blog post.
I've been testing it over the past few weeks and haven't run into any issues personally, but if you're finding something difficult to read, or just think something looks out of place, please leave a comment with your browser version and I'll look into it. (A screenshot of the problem would definitely help me understand and fix any issues you may have.)
Additionally, if you see anything which you think looks a little plain and I've forgotten to style, please let me know, and also feel free to make any additional suggestions of any way you think the general look can be improved
I've also updated the monobook style a little.…
Read post >
Requesting feedback, please respond, or take the poll
Since the old User Group pages are confusing, I've decided to overhaul them again to make them much more useful, and integrated with the new user infobox.
In case you haven't noticed, everyone now has a shiny new blank user infobox on your user page, feel free to fill it out at your leisure. When you fill it out, you will automatically be added to the Project Task Forces relevant to your indicated interests.
Our old User Group page is Saints Row Wiki:User Groups, and there is some historical discussion on Saints Row Wiki talk:User Groups.
That User Groups page on this wiki has been here for a long time, and has had a lot of changes. It started out in 2009 as a place for people to just say "I want to be in the Los Brothers of Oiran gang!" and didn't actually have a purpose.
It was re-purposed over a year ago, because User Groups (AKA Projects, or Task Forces) on wikis are usually dedicated to editing and maintaining specific sections of…Read post >
Since more information about Saints Row IV is becoming available, now seems like a great time to remind everyone about the Saints Row Wiki's policies regarding information about upcoming games, spoilers, and speculation.
- 1 Spoilers
- 2 Speculation
- 3 Sources
- 3.1 Official sources
- 4 Filenames
Saying "No Spoilers" on a site which claims to be "The most comprehensive Saints Row information archive" would be ridiculous.
"Spoilers alerts" have no place here. This wiki should contains all information, therefore it should be assumed that it contains spoilers.
The only policy we have regarding spoilers is that spoilers only be posted in relevant places.
- Adding info about Johnny Gat's death to the Forklift article is wrong, but there's no problem with that information being added to any articles directly related to it, such as the Johnny Gat and I'm Free - Free Falling.
- Essentially, someone looking for information about Saints Row should be able to safely browse the site without learning about the events of Saints Row…
Read post >
Let's vote on changing the unregistered user label: "A Wikia contributor"
Anyone can edit the Saints Row Wiki, including random passers-by without an account.
While most people make an account if they're going to be regular contributors, there have been a few long-term unregistered users who have made meaningful contributions - Although it's much harder to "recognise" a user by their IP address alone.
Some people don't realise that "A Wikia contributor" is the default name shown for any unregistered user. That text is stored at MediaWiki:Oasis-anon-user, which means that it can be changed.
I think it should be changed, to make it clearer that it is not a username.
Do you have any good names in mind?
- Post your suggestions below.
- One suggestion per post.
- If you agree with a name, reply to that comment saying it.
- Anyone can vote, including unregistered users :)
Do you find this wiki useful? It didn't get that way by accident.
This wiki is made by fans, for fans. We need your help to make it even better.
This wiki is the most in-depth guide to the Saints Row series, but there's still a lot left to do.
Our goal is to be as comprehensive as possible, and we always need more contributors.
It is impossible to "finish" a wiki, the best we can do is do what we know needs to be done.
- 1 Multiplayer
- 2 Screenshots
- 3 Accuracy
- 4 Discussion
- 5 Potential
- 6 Admins
- 7 Polls
- 8 Background
Do you play multiplayer Saints Row, Saints Row 2 or Saints Row: The Third?
Our multiplayer articles sorely need improvement.
Our articles on DLC for Saints Row also need more information.
We could always use more screenshots.
- See Category:Image requests for a list of articles which are tagged requesting specific images.
- Take a detailed screenshot of your favorite vehicle.
- Remember to give your image upload a descriptive filename, that way if it is removed from an article in future, we know where it bel…
Read post >
There are 2 new polls and a new dedicated poll list which lists all polls, which will be added to that page instead of having individual News updates for them.
- Poll: Did you like Saints Row: The Third?
Did you like Saints Row: The Third?
- Poll: What should be improved?
What's the most important area of this wiki that should be improved? The results of this poll will 100% influence article improvement.
- Poll: Protagonist name
How do you think the protagonist should be capitalised?
- The correct way, according to multiple sources, is "the protagonist".
- Since it is the only term we call the protagonist, it is permissible to use "the Protagonist".
- One very good reason to use "The Protagonist" is because "The General" is always used in-game.
- Poll: Creating articles
What should we do about Special:WantedPages?
- Create short articles for all valid titles on Special:WantedPages, and add to Category:Stubs
- Maintain valid titles on Special:WantedPages so people know which articles to create, and remove titles whic…
Read post >
A while ago, Sjacie started a Mission flowchart, but never finished it. He hasn't returned since December, so I'm putting out an open request for help.
I'd like to get the flowchart finished, so I made a list of all points which need to be verified.
There are 5 main tests, with a total of 22 individual points which need to be verified.
If you would like to help, simply verify the information marked with with question marks.
- If what is posted here is correct, just a short message saying so will do.
- If something is incorrect, please give as much detail as possible as to what doesn't match your results.
The starting point overall is Act 2, so a saved game named Return to Steelport would help greatly. If you want to tackle multiple tests, most tests can be done after another, but some require reloading, and I've noted at which points you should make a new saved game to reload later.
- You don't need to do all 21 tests, if 10 people pick one mission pair each, it's not too much work. A saved game i…
Read post >
There have been a bunch of behind the scenes updates that will benefit everyone.
Full Vehicle Details, a Quote index, updated random articles, featured article summaries, dynamic cleanup lists, section transclusion, thin floating galleries.
- Check out Saints Row Wiki:Quotes for a massive list of all quotes on the wiki.
- The Index has been overhauled, and is now completely dynamic, which means it's always up to date.
- All of the templates have also been updated to be dynamic.
Both the Index, and the Random Templates function due to our very detailed Category system. Categories may not interest you, but it's very important that all articles are correctly categorised.
We also now have a Featured Article area on the main page, the displayed Featured Article is randomly selected from all Gold Class Articles.
If you would like to nominate an article to be featured, add
The "widths" variable sets the width and height of the actual image, while the "width:" variable sets the width of the gallery box, …
Read post >
The player character of the Saints Row series does not have a name, or a consistent title.
What title do you think should be used for the article about the main character? Please post any reasons for any particular title.
The article here on the player character was created as "The Silent Protagonist", before being renamed to "The Protagonist" when Saints Row 2 was released.
The problem with this is that the game never refers to the player as "The Protagonist", which makes it an odd choice for an article title. This wiki extensively uses the term "The Protagonist", simply due to it being the title of the article.
But nothing is set in stone, and there's no reason the article cannot be renamed to a more appropriate title.
The very first thing that the player is called in the series is "Playa", during the The Streets of Stilwater opening cutscene. Julius, Johnny and Dex often call the player "Playa", so it seems to be the choice which makes the most sense. The use of the slang spelling "Pl…
Read post >
Wikia's new Message Wall feature has become available so I have enabled it.
In case you haven't heard about it, the Message Wall replaces user talk pages.
Anytime anyone replies to a message you have left on a user talk page, it will be shown in the notification section at the top right of the screen.
This means that when someone leaves you a message on your talk page, you should reply to their message directly on your talk page.
There is a box below each messages which says "Post a reply", simply click there and type your response.
All previous talk pages have been automatically archived, there is a "See archived talk page" link to you talk page archive at the bottom of your Message Wall page.
Unfortunately, only admins can edit archived talk pages, so if you need something edited for any reason, please contact an admin. Or leave a message below.
Update: Feb 8th. Due to a number of issues, I'm considering disabling Message Wall. Unfortunately, this means any Message Wall conversations wi…Read post >
We're always looking to update our trivia template, but it's a massive task to look through all of the articles in order to find interesting trivia to add.
If you have some Trivia you think is relevant, feel free to add it to the template yourself, or you can post it as a comment here and I'll add it to the template.
You can go to and click "edit" in order to see the full list of trivia, which will give you an idea of the type of stuff we are looking for.
Please be aware that commonly known facts are not trivia, "Who is the voice of Julius" is not really a good question, neither is "What is X based upon?".
To be counted as trivia, it should be:
- Something in-game
- Something that isn't obvious
- Something that is written in an article, so the answer can link to the article
Here's a randomly generated trivia item:
To refresh this trivia, click .Read post >
We are always looking for new Admins. This is a general outline of what we look for.
In essence, if you make life easier for existing Admins, you get to be one.
Adminship is a responsibility. There are a number of areas in which administrators are expected to be active, these are listed on the Saints_Row_Wiki:Admins page.
Adminship is not a reward and it is not a honorary title, administrators must remain active, and regularly perform admin-related tasks.
There is no "application process" for becoming an administrator, simply do your best as an editor, and anyone who stands out as a good editor will be considered, regardless of how many edits they have. What matters is the quality of edits, not the quantity, but users should be a regular editor for at least a month.
If you wish to become an Admin, you should:
- Use edit summaries to explain edits.
- Take part in Active Discussion, including giving opinions and
- Remain neutral in any disagreements and refrain from any insults, …
Read post >
Please take this poll, it will decide whether small articles subjects with very little available information should have a dedicated article, or a section on a larger page.
The current notability policy on this wiki is that a subject must be able to be linked from multiple pages to warrant having a dedicated article, and that the information in those articles is merged with larger articles.Read post >
This policy has been applied to pages such as the Stilwater Seal, Mr Wong's dog Sadie, various Stilwater Businesses and Brands, and the DJs for each Radio Station. All information on the stub articles about businesses, brands and DJs was merged into the larger articles about the subjects, making the large articles better, and reducing the number of small, uninteresting articles which do not have any other articles linking to them.
If a Character does not get a dedicated article, then their info is merged with whichever article is relevant to them. All information is kept.
Many Activity cutscene chara…
I'm not sure how to handle the Hitman Targets, so I've created a poll to find out what everyone else thinks.
Right now, something has to change, and there's 3 different ways it could be done. They all have their pros and cons. One extreme is having a single very long article, the other extreme is having a bunch of really short articles.
See Top 10 list:Hitman Targets to take the poll.
- As of the 5th of October, option A, the one page solution, has won the poll, and the draft has replaced the Hitman and Hitman Targets articles, the individual pages will be deleted soon.
We currently have:
- The Hitman article, which does not currently list the targets
- The Hitman Targets article, which is just a list of targets
- The Hitman/Draft test page, which combines Hitman and Hitman Targets
- 28 Hitman Target pages, one for each Hitman Target in Saints Row 2
The options are:
- One page - Merge the 28 individual pages and Hitman Targets into Hitman. (See Hitman/Draft2)
- Two pages - Merge the 28 individual pages into H…
Read post >
I mentioned in a previous News post that Chat had been enabled, but I didn't go into many details.
- Click here to read the Chat Help page
- Click here to join the Chat
- There are no audio notifications when someone joins, so if someone is idling in there while they're busy editing the wiki, they're not going to see you join immediately. So if there is someone else there, and you say "hi", please don't leave a minute later because you didn't get a response.
- There have been a lot of people popping in and out regularly, but no-one really sticks around - if everyone who popped in and out just stayed in, there would be a group of people there eventually. Just because there's no-one else there now doesn't mean there's going to be no-one else in 10 minutes.
- If someone is not there, they cannot see that you your messages. There is no chat log recorded, not even an admin can see what happens in the chat unless they are actually there at the time. So saying "Hey, SaintsRowGuy7, get in here!" doesn't…
- This is an old blog post about the older user group overhaul.
- For the newest blog post about the recent user group overhaul, see User_blog:452/User_Groups
I have overhauled the Saints Row Wiki:User Groups page.
Anyone who was previously listed on that page as being in a particular usergroup has been removed and must re-add themself.
I have defined 11 areas of focus, and luckily there are 11 different enemy gangs in the Saints Row series, so each usergroup can have the name of a Gang.
Membership in a usergroup is not compulsory, but if you have an interest in a particular part of the Saints Row series, or in improving certain sections of this wiki, usergroups will help organise and communicate with people with similar interests.
The reason for this overhaul is that there has been no organisation or purpose for the usergroups since it was created, and no-one really knew what the page was for, so I have looked at how usergroups work on other wikia's, in particular the Rainbox Six Wiki's Usergr…
Read post >
There have been several updates recently.
- Random Articles
I have added a new section to the main page, a list of random articles.
- Gallery categories
Today I have enabled gallery view of categories, which also allows you to sort articles in the category by Alphabetical, Recently Edited, or Most Visited
If you would prefer to view the list of categories, you can do so by clicking the "Category List view" icon, to the right of the sorting drop-down box.
The image gallery works best for categories where most articles have images, such as Category:Weapons in Saints Row. There is currently a bug where viewing Template categories does not show anything in gallery view, but you can still switch to list view.
And I have also enabled chat, which can be accessed at Special:Chat. I'll be idling in there, feel free to drop in.
- Reqimage template
I have recently created a template, which can be used to request that an image be added to an artic…
Read post >
Since the Saints Row: The Third Wishlist has been so popular, I have made a wishlist page for this wiki: Saints Row Wiki:To-do list
Remember, Anyone can edit!, but this wishlist makes it easier for those who don't have time.
While there have been 45 active editors during the last 30 days, there have also been over 200 registered visitors to this wiki during the same period, and an unknown number of anonymous users.
I realise that many people do not have time to edit this wiki, so the new wishlist page makes it easy for people to contribute by requesting additions.
There are many users whose only contributions are fixing typos, and I just wanted to say a big thank you to these people, because every little bit helps.
If you have an idea to improve this wiki, but don't know how to do it yourself, or don't have time, you can still help improve this wiki by telling everyone about your idea.
Or if there's some particular information that you are looking for, chances are that someone else will know…
Read post >
I have reorganised all the categories.
The best way to describe what I did is to simply show you:
- Browse by Gameplay
- Browse by Game
Most categories are in both trees, this makes it easy to find information about a certain game, or to browse the different types of gameplay. Some things that are not specific to any game are not included in the Games tree.
edit 2012: another way of understanding the categories is to look at the Index, which essentially displays the "Gameplay" category, but with duplicates removed.
This is phase 1 of the cleanup.
1) Recategorise categories
- I've put each category into relevant categories, including rearranging the tree to make more sense, and to limit the number of items in each category.
- For instance, previously the Los Carnales category was in the Saints Row category, the Gangs category, and the Characters category. Now, it is only in the Gangs in Saints Row category.
- The Gangs in Saints Row category is in the Saints Row category, the Gangs category.
- This is difficult to visuali…
What quotes do you want added to this wiki?
I've recently added audio files to the Phone Numbers page, as well as the Police Headquarters, and will be uploading audio files for the quotes section of every article.
If you'd like to have a particular quote added, add the quote to an article, or if you can't remember the entire quote, you can leave a message on the article's talk page describing it, and I'll try to find it.
Always use the template to add audio, so the quotes will automatically be listed on Saints Row Wiki:Quotes, and I'll be able to see which quotes need audio added.
I also wanted to explain the new template for audio files.
This is the code used for embedding the audio file at the top of this article:
Details about the template can be found here: Template:Audio
Right now, there are not many options, but I will continue working on the template, and any help would be appreciated.
We also have a new vehicle infobox template, thanks to Keroro1keroro1
You can read about it here: Tem…
Read post >
Allright, people. I'm going to introduce sourcing to the wiki. Sources, or references, show where the information on a certain article comes from, be it games or websites. I want this applied to every article, as I have seen information on a few articles and I'm not too sure about the reliability of these. To add sources to an article, do the following:
Read this through carefully. I'm pretty sure there will be questions about this, as I really have no idea how to explain things to people (which is a fact, I give very vague explanations). Ask them below, and I'll do my best to answer.Read post >
Yesterday my fellow admin AndyP96 came up with the idea to create a contest for best and most original playable character that the community could create. The contest is up now and you guys, the community, can now send in your creations to either me or AndyP96. The best one will be featured on the main page for one week!
Read the following article to find out about the rules:
- Character Creation Spotlight
Enjoy, people!Read post >
Seeing as the current line of staff didn't work out too well, I am making a complete overhaul to it. I myself have been promoted to bureaucrat and I have already promoted AndyP96 to admin. Though I'm not going to leave it with that. I am planning to promote one more contributor to admin and about five more to modistrator (rollback rights). Below follows a list of requirements to be promoted.
- 400 edits.
- Proven himself to be a good community member.
- Shown to be an active member.
- Responds to vandalism quickly and efficiently.
- 100 edits.
- Shown to be an active member.
- Responds to vandalism quickly.
- Think page titles are for weenies, or an elaborate hoax by unicorns to undermine the color purple? Close, but not exactly...it turns out it's really important for Google. Make sure your page title follows this format: the topic of the wiki + Wiki + 3 search friendly keywords. For example, if your Pookie wiki is called Pookapedia, and that's all that is in the page title, then anyone searching for Pookie won't find you. Your pagetitle should say something like "Pookie Wiki - Pookapedia- Pookie quests, walkthroughs and Pookie 2 news". You can make things right by editing MediaWiki:Pagetitle and MediaWiki:Pagetitle-view-mainpage -- check out Demigod's pagetitle for a great example.
- Update Your Main Page
- Google starts indexing your wiki from the main page, so make sure you send Google to the right place. You should link to the most important content on the wiki from your main page. For example, if your wiki is about a role playing game, you should link to 50 of the important characters, items, m…
Read post >
Blog articles in category "Wiki News"
The following 25 blog articles are in this category, out of 25 total.