|Appears in||Saints Row IV |
How the Saints Save Christmas
|Also known as||AI|
|Home||Zin computer Pre-SR4 |
|Affiliations||3rd Street Saints|
|Voiced by||Michael Yurchak|
CID is a character in Saints Row IV.
- For the enemy type, see C.I.D..
CID was once some sort of alien life form, who was enslaved by Zinyak in a simulation. His physical body perished long ago, so he programmed his conscious into the simulation itself. Though he is a condesending pessimistic opportunist who only works for The Protagonist in a mercenary manner, never fully trusting him or giving him anything for free, he always keeps his word and remains a consistent ally. The Protagonist compensates CID with a physical body, the completion of various tasks in the simulation, and a date with Shaundi. Towards the end of the game, he and the virtual Fun Shaundi find that they have good chemistry and agree to a date. When Fun Shaundi asks if he functions as a bong, CID is uncharacteristically generous and says "For you, I would find a way". During Grand Finale, CID takes precautions to protect only himself, and as he delivers the key he excludes The Protagonist and the Saints from his exacting revenge. Even telling The Protagonist not to ruin his moment of revenge.
CID expresses prejudice towards humans during his first encounter with The Protagonist, and is critical of The Protagonist's selfish and inconsiderate nature especially. Just before rescuing Ben King, CID zaps the player in the groin after having an argument with him over an unknown subject, and laughs at the protagonists suffering. CID has a Romance option and seems to be able to perform oral sex on both genders.
As a Homie, CID does nothing to help The Protagonist in any way, he will only speak and have homie conversations, he will not fight in battle but will follow the boss around. He is seen using some sort of weapon in the first cutscene of "King Me" though.
- He gets his name from the abbreviated name for his body that the saints give him, "A Control and Interface Device".
- CID's appearance is similar to the personality cores from the Portal video games and the eyebots from the Fallout video games. Also is similar to 343 Guilty Spark from Halo series.
- CID has black bands bound to his frame by rings resembling a leather harness. This can also be seen on the unlockable CID Suit costume.
- There is a disembodied head inside of CID, as well as all enemy C.I.D.s. It is a blonde version of Kinzie, and is named as such in the game data files.
- Unlike C.I.D.s, if CID dies, it will splash a lot of blood instead of electricity.
- CID is seen in the DLC How the Saints Save Christmas in "Miracle on 3rd Street".
- If CID is called and killed with Abduction Gun, he becomes unavailable for the rest of the game.
- — CID, during Power Up CID
- "Don't worry I'm fully equipped to pleasure you"
- — CID, during Romance on The Ship
- CID and CID Shield
- CID: "That is a nice exterior you have."
CID Enemy: "Thank you..."
CID: "Shall we go somewhere private where we can talk, I'd would love to see some of your programming and inner workings."
CID Enemy: "Are you trying to get me to interface?"
CID: "I'm certain you would enjoy it."
CID Enemy: "Alright, but make it quick."
- CID and Gat
- CID: "Permission to speak freely, Mr. Gat?"
Johnny Gat: "Uh, sure..."
CID: "After researching your exploits both on earth and within your own simulation. I have come to a singular conclusion. You scare me..."
Johnny Gat: "Oh, well good."
CID: "That is all, thank you."
- CID and Phillipe
- CID: "Is it true you let the Saints believe you killed Johnny Gat?"
Phillipe: "It is."
CID: "In hindsight, do you see that as a wise decision?"
Phillipe: "In hindsight, I would never have expanded to Stilwater in the first place."
- Asha and CID
- CID: "Your file has been most interesting to read, Asha Odekar."
Asha: "My File? What are you talking about?"
CID: "You'd be surprised what the Zin grabbed from Earth's databases before obliterating the planet. They have many pages on you."
Asha: "Oh Really?"
CID: "Yes. They even had information about your earlier self."
Asha: "Oh. Really?"
CID: "Oh yes, I am sure your hometown Eagles were bolstered to many of victory by your forceful cheers, squad captain Odekar."
Asha: "You tell anyone about that CID and I will rip every last resistor off your circuit board with my teeth."
CID: "Of course."
- Cyrus and CID
- Cyrus: "You know you remind me of some tech our R.N.D department worked up for training exercises in STAG."
CID: "I can understand the need for wanting something with a vast knowledge database and mercenary tendencies in your military training."
Cyrus: "Actually we just use it for moving target practice."
- Fun Shaundi and CID
- CID: "Why do I not see you on the ship?"
Fun Shaundi: "Huh? You mean outside the simulated city?"
Fun Shaundi: "Well, cause I'm already there. And I can't really be there if I'm already there. You know what I mean?"
CID: "Are you high?"
Fun Shaundi: "Um, yeah."
- Julius and CID
- CID: "Did you used to be the Vice President as well?"
Julius: "Come again?"
CID: "There are are several similarities between you and the current Vice President."
Julius: "Why does everyone keep saying that?"
- Keith and CID
- CID: "I have been doing research on you, Mr. David."
Keith David: "Seems you like to do research on lots of people. Well, so do I, that's why I had Kinzie do a little research on you. Seems like you've been around for quite some time and that you've been inside a lot of simulations."
CID: "That is true."
Keith David: "And that you've made a lot of simulations. Some very specific simulations. One hidden far way from any prying Zin eyes."
CID: "Oh, you, oh."
Keith David: "So why don't you stop digging up dirt on me and I won't tell anyone else about some of your proclivities."
CID: "How about that sport's team?"
- King and CID
- Ben King: "So, why do they call you CID?"
CID: "Because this robotic orb my consciousness is inside is called a C.I.D., a Control and Interface Device."
Ben King: "Not very creative then."
CID: "Actually, I have heard groups of warriors such as ourselves often have someone named Cid who travels with them."
Ben King: "Oh, where have you heard that?"
CID: "From the last fantasy game I saw online."
- Kinzie and CID
- CID: "Are you sure you do not want to go out with me sometime, Kinzie?"
Kinzie: "Yeah, I'm sure."
CID: "It is just that I have been alone for so long and you and I have so much in common."
Kinzie: "CID, I've been doing this hacking thing for a long time, I can smell bullshit even through a monotone computery voice like yours."
CID: "Well damn."
- Maero and CID
- CID: "Why do humans see the need to permanently mark their body with ink?"
Maero: "Why do robots see the need to ask such stupid pointless questions."
CID: "That was unkind."
- Matt and CID
- CID: "By the way, Matt, I finished retrieving your data from the satellite backup like you asked."
Matt Miller: "Oh. Good."
CID: "I took the liberty of partitioning one of the drives on The Ship and putting the data there for easy retrieval."
Matt Miller: "You did what!?"
CID: "I also informed Kinzie that I sequestered 1.4 terabytes of onboard storage for the task and asked that she check the data for infection and completeness."
Matt Miller: "You told Kinzie?"
CID: "Yes, Ms. Kensington made it very clear to me that she should be informed of anything related to the ship."
Matt Miller: "You told Kinzie!"
CID: "You sound distressed, I would not worry. There is nothing to be embarrassed about, I imagine Ms. Kensington has already seen herself naked."
Matt Miller: "Shit."
- Pierce and CID
- CID: "Do I make you uncomfortable? If so, I apologize."
Pierce: "What? No, no. Why would you?"
CID: "You are always backing away from me and giving sideways glances as if I am contagious."
Pierce: "Me? No, you must be imagining things CID. Nah, we cool."
CID: "I am glad to hear that. I was hoping I could recharge in your room for a short time."
Pierce: "Wait, what?"
- Roddy and CID
- CID: "I have been watching footage of your old fighting matches, Mr. Piper."
Roddy Piper: "We called it wrestling, CID."
CID: "Whatever, it was very similar to an exhibition sport I invented on my home-world."
Roddy Piper: "Oh yeah, ha! Funny how two completely different worlds can create things that are so similar."
CID: "Yes, I am sure it was completely coincidental. You will be hearing from my attorneys, Mr. Piper."
- Shaundi and CID
- CID: "Why did you cut your hair?"
Shaundi: "What? I didn't."
CID: "The other Shaundi's hair is longer and has much more personality. Why did you change it?"
Shaundi: "Are you saying I don't have personality?"
CID: "I did not mean to..."
Shaundi: "Cool it, CID. I'm just fucking with you. To be honest, sometimes I miss the dreads, they were a hell of a lot easier to maintain."
- Tanya and CID
- CID: "How do you manage the logistics of your brothel houses?"
Tanya: "It's really quite simple, if a room is empty send the next customer in."
CID: "You do not care what sort of proclivities each of your girls or your patrons have?"
Tanya: "Look, sex is sex. What do I care if any of them would rather have something specific, as long as I get paid."
CID: "You are a terrible mistress and should be ashamed."
- Veteran Child and CID
- Veteran Child: "So can you play music or anything useful?"
CID: "Yes, I have quite a large library of music from your world."
Veteran Child: "Anything by the Feed Dogs?"
Veteran Child: "Let's hear it, you pick."
Veteran Child: "I thought you were some kind of servant robot, so come on play something."
CID: "The only time I serve anyone is if I get paid, but for Fun Shaundi's ex I will make an exception and just say piss off."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Activity: Platforming Rift
- ↑ Mission: Batteries Not Included
- ↑ Image: Blonde Kinzie head inside CID