|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third|
3rd Street Saints
|Occupation(s)||Mayor of Steelport|
|Voiced by||Burt Reynolds|
- For the real-life actor, see Wikipedia's article on Burt Reynolds.
- The Protagonist: "Burt-fucking-Reynolds?"
Burt Reynolds: "Who else could keep this town running?"
Burt Reynolds is the Mayor of Steelport. He makes his first appearance in the mission "Zombie Attack".
Burt Reynolds deploys The Protagonist to eradicate the zombie outbreak in Steelport that, unbeknownst to him, The Protagonist caused. To quell the threat, The Protagonist destroys three containers of toxic material that creates the zombies. If The Protagonist then chooses to destroy the final container, Burt Reynolds becomes a homie and provides the Saints the support of the Steelport SWAT teams. Regardless of mission choice, Notoriety Wipe - Law, AKA "Mayor's Favor", is unlocked in the cellphone.
If The Protagonist chooses to kill Killbane and sacrifice Shaundi and Viola, Burt Reynolds, being tied up on the monument alongside them dies and The Protagonist declares Steelport a city-state under the control of the Saints and appoints Pierce as its new mayor.
Even if having chosen to go after Killbane, it is still possible to call him in order to wipe notoriety.
The actual location of this room is floating in the sky above a road in Loren Square, as can be seen by matching up the buildings seen in the cutscene.
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many will have conversations.
- Angel and Burt
- Angel: "It's been a long time, Reynolds."
Burt: "Do I know you?"
Angel: "Mexico, '96. Murderbrawl XIII."
Burt: "Oh. You look... different when you're not unconscious."
Angel: "I underestimated you. I thought you were just an actor. I didn't realize you were the man who trained Bear Trap Calhoun."
Burt: "Not your fault, kid. The Cutter can come from anywhere."
- Josh and Burt
- Josh: "Hey Burt, got a second for another practitioner of the craft?"
Burt: "What is it, kid?"
Josh: "Well, I was thinkin'... how would you like to be involved on Nyte Blayde?"
Burt: "What are you talking about?"
Josh: "Definitely a guest spot, at least, but I bet I could talk the producers into making you a series regular."
Burt: "No! What the hell is this Nyte Blayde?"
Josh: "Are you not familiar with the transmedia explosion that has taken the world by storm?"
Josh: "I play Nyte Blayde, a vampire hunter who's become the very thing he vowed to destroy."
Burt: "A vampire?"
Burt: "I think I'll pass."
Josh: "But... you don't even know the part yet."
Burt: "I've heard enough. Good luck, kid. Try to get shot."
- Burt and Kinzie
- Burt: "Didn't think I'd see you again, my dear."
Kinzie: "Burt, you knew that was a one-time thing."
Burt: "Kinzie... come on."
Kinzie: "You had your chance, it's time to let it go."
- Burt and Oleg
- Burt: "Oleg Kirrlov."
Oleg: "I should kill you where you stand, Reynolds."
Burt: "The Cold War is over, son."
Oleg: "Do you think I'm naïve enough to believe that?"
Burt: "Ha, guess not."
Oleg: "I owe a debt to the Saints, but when this is all over, you and I will settle what we started in Moscow."
Burt: "Anytime, you commie."
- Burt and Shaundi
- Burt: "You're the girl with the reality show, right?"
Shaundi: "Yeah, I'm Shaundi."
Burt: "You look less of a slut in person."
- Burt and Viola
- Burt: "I'm sorry to hear about your sister, Viola."
Viola: "Thank you, sir."
Burt: "Before the whole goddamn city got turned upside down, we had some pretty good times, didn't we?"
Viola: "[Laughs] Remember that first dinner you had with Phillipe?"
Burt: "[Laughs] Oh man, that Frenchman sure knew how to tell a joke."
Viola: "He was Belgian."
- Burt and Zimos
- Burt: "Zimos! Where the hell have you been, buddy?"
Zimos: "Your girl, Viola, turned me into a human pony and rented me out for eighty bucks an hour."
Burt: "Well... this just... got a little awkward."
Zimos: "A little bit."
- He does not carry a gun as a Homie, and will not pick one up off the ground, instead fighting with his bare fists. Unlike Zombie Gat, who also doesn't use weapons, Burt's attacks lack the one-hit-kill effect. While the game data files defines Burt as only using "knuckles", as does not define him as having the ability to pick up weapons, there is a glitch which may rarely cause him to pick up a weapon.[reference?]
- In 1996, Burt knocked Angel unconscious during Murderbrawl XIII.
- Burt will constantly perform takedown attacks on his targets as a homie, due to his lack of weapons.
- He drives a custom black Phoenix in the game when the player calls him. This vehicle is a look-alike to Burt's custom "Bandit One" (a black Pontiac Trans Am) from his famous role in the film trilogy "Smokey and the Bandit". This vehicle is one of few non-unlocked vehicles which cannot be customized. As with all non-customizable vehicles, it can be customized using the Rim Jobs glitch.
- The Protagonist is a fan of Burt Reynolds.
- If the player uses the Zombie voice, The Protagonist says the line "Burt-fucking-Reynolds!" much clearer than they normally speak.
- When The Protagonist meets Burt Reynolds, neither Viola nor Oleg knew about the zombie invasion on Arapice Island, yet they both have known Reynolds for some time.
- Even though he dies as part of the "Kill Killbane" ending, Burt Reynolds can still be Phoned as a Homie, but the "Save Shaundi" ending must also be completed for him to become available again, and this also applies for Shaundi and Viola.
- Even if he is not unlocked as a homie and was killed by going after Killbane, he still has Assassination diversions.
- In the game he has a Southern appearance due to having starred in many Southern based films, but in real life he comes from the northern state of Michigan. Red Faction reveals that Stilwater (a fictional town) was in Michigan, as is Steelport presumably.[when?]
- From Viola, The Protagonist learns that at one point, Phillipe Loren had also been associated with Burt Reynolds. When the two are fighting against the zombies on Arapice Island, The Protagonist asks Viola whether Phillipe had ever considered running for mayor. Viola explains that the job involved too much politics, and that Phillipe figured he wouldn't stand a chance against Burt in a mayoral election campaign.
- The game data files refer to him as "Mayor Tate". Burt Reynolds has never played a character named "Tate", so this reference is unrelated to him.
- Neither Burt nor Viola appear in the end cutscene of Three Way after they have been saved.
- In Saints Row IV, Kinzie mentions that Burt had worked before with MI6 Agent Asha Odekar.
- Burt exists in the Saints Row IV files and it is possible to modify the game files to add him as a Homie.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Trailer: Saints Row: The Third - Pimps and Gimps (OFFICIAL TRAILER)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mission: Zombie Attack
- ↑ Mission: "Air Steelport"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Mission: "Zombie Attack"
- ↑ Mission: "Three Way"
- ↑ File: ai_behavior.xtbl
- ↑ Dialogue: Homie conversation between Angel and Burt
- ↑ Mission: Zero Saints Thirty